Premium Format Sideshow Boba Fett Premium Format ROTJ 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow New Boba Fett Premium Format Return Of The Jedi

Jay, those legs look awfully skinny! Is it just the angle or do they look that bad in person? I know MYC said they were a bit thin as well...

I thought Fett in real life was super skinny though.
5b8acffa44e440a571f7517412bd19e0.jpg

This also demonstrates that huge gap between the chest armor and the piece under his chin that runs across from shoulder to shoulder.

Yeah, the skinny legs are pretty distracting but all I see when I look at the chest armor is...

71E6rzFGnOL._UY679_.jpg

saw this in person at my local comic shop. I could never get this. Torso looks boxy with bad armour and legs look weird.

I believe this new one is version 3. I have version 2 and to me it’s the best of the 3. That’s my opinion of course.

Best base, pose(although the new one is good) and overall look. The new one could of been great and it looked good till the comparison pix went up.

Sorry for the stock pix I don’t have any on my phone and I’m too lazy to walk upstairs.

696380CD-6EE8-4FA5-A7F2-B48DB6153272.jpeg55C99829-7DBF-4026-B93D-2E2DCB81D322.jpeg

Yeah may have to track down an ESB fett PF soon. Always thought that one look pretty damn good to my not all that trained boba fett eye.

Esb fett is a beauty. I love mine, it thrashes the HT 1/4. I like the new one, skinny legs and all. I've had the pleasure of meeting Jeremy Bulloch a number of times and he is a tall, very slender chap and with the kids these days in their spray on jeans Id just argue that this Fett is on trend.

thanks for the comparison pics. I may and track one down later if a good deal materializes.

Why does a company get it right initially only to screw it up on their next release?

Answer: Because Sideshow.

Why does a company get it right initially only to screw it up on their next release?

Answer: Because Sideshow.

cause they care just about the selling as many different statues as possible and doing it fast...

For those who have the statue, any easy way to remove the pants and pad the legs a bit? I would think a light foam wrap might do the trick...

For those who have the statue, any easy way to remove the pants and pad the legs a bit? I would think a light foam wrap might do the trick...

NO CHANCE .. even the crouch armor is glued on I think .. nothing is moving on that statue

Yeah may have to track down an ESB fett PF soon. Always thought that one look pretty damn good to my not all that trained boba fett eye.

Empire Fett is killer and is a very dramatic looking piece. I love it!

IMG_0683.JPG

IMG_0678.JPG

Last edited:

Is there anyone that actually does NOT have a gap between the bottom of his foot and the base?

I've pushed it as much of him down as I could and still have a peg showing a bit and the other foot hovers a tad.

Any solutions yet? I was thinking of carving the metal peg hole out with a screwdriver. Am I crazy?

Is there anyone that actually does NOT have a gap between the bottom of his foot and the base?

I've pushed it as much of him down as I could and still have a peg showing a bit and the other foot hovers a tad.

Any solutions yet? I was thinking of carving the metal peg hole out with a screwdriver. Am I crazy?

I won't have mine until Saturday, so can't say for sure. I will say that my Jango PF had this problem and I ended up living with it because the display angle masked the gap. Did Sideshow change their process for these pegs recently? I don't remember any issues for years and more recently it seems to be an almost consistent issue. Odd.

Here it is. I used so much force that I heard my shoulder crack. Still didn't budge.

Fett.jpg

Sideshow page says that the product weight is 25 pounds, i find that very hard to believe unless the base weighs a ton. Anybody with this in hand what approximately is the weight for the statue ? Does it seem like it weighs anywhere near 25 pounds ?

Sideshow page says that the product weight is 25 pounds, i find that very hard to believe unless the base weighs a ton. Anybody with this in hand what approximately is the weight for the statue ? Does it seem like it weighs anywhere near 25 pounds ?

It definitely feels weighty. Mine is disassembled now to mess with the foot peg but I can tell you that it's heavy. Base, body, everything is very solid.

Back