Sideshow Beetlejuice (new figure?)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dunno I kind of worry about the sequel. Hopefully it’s good but I’m also kind of over the idea of doing legacy sequels. It feels like half of them exist to dump on the original film/characters while reeling in fans with hopes of false nostalgia.
Yeah, it’s hard to recapture that magic or that metaphoric lightning in the bottle after 20-30 years.

Some not so good sequels are Matrix Resurrections, Bill & Ted 3, Dumb & Dumber To.

Top Gun: Maverick is one of the anomalies for good legacy sequels.

Cobra Kai on YT/Netflix did a great job paying respect to nostalgia while also bringing in a new generation of characters/fans. More movies/shows need to follow Cobra Kai’s blueprint. No Mercy!

Yeah, it’s hard to recapture that magic or that metaphoric lightning in the bottle after 20-30 years.

Some not so good sequels are Matrix Resurrections, Bill & Ted 3, Dumb & Dumber To.

Top Gun: Maverick is one of the anomalies for good legacy sequels.

Cobra Kai on YT/Netflix did a great job paying respect to nostalgia while also bringing in a new generation of characters/fans. More movies/shows need to follow Cobra Kai’s blueprint. No Mercy!
I think Cobra Kai worked because everyone liked Johnny and Cobra Kai in the movie was great.

Top Gun well Tom Cruse is Tom Cruise.

But other property has been a disaster mostly due to the modern message and attacking males and marriage.

Look at romance movies today none are memorable....

I don't think people want to see older heroes not in their prime or a new replacement who represents the"message. "

Be nice if they factored that into the price, but I'm doubtful. The philosophy of these toy companies is now to give us less and less for more and more.
Because our 'need' for figures is stronger than their need to make a good product.

I’m curious what they’ll include for accessories. The first one really had nothing other than the nail file which was one of the swap out hands. This one looks like it’s including the book. The tombstone would be a good inclusion.
Yea the book was the exclusive for the first one, though it looks like the same one as before which means it won't open. You can buy a really nice 1/6 one on etsy that opens opens up with text inside.

Wasn't the tombstone polystone last time? Probably how they tried to justify the price last time if so. Should just be plastic if it wasn't already.

Is the figure magnetic?

In the videos it appears his feet are stuck to some type of small base or platform.

Hope it also comes with the tombstone that the old figure included.
Probably not magnetic and just that way for the video.

Would be nice for them to include a diorama base, when you look at David from lost boys and price what you get.
True, but we don't know if the Lost Boys license and/or Kiefer Sutherland's likeness is cheaper than those tied to Beetlejuice

It sure was. They were selling it for $125. It seemed too much at the time for what is essentially an accessory.
I heard on a stream it was made of resin.

Maybe Sideshow could use the same mold, cast it in plastic to make it cheaper and include the tombstone in a DX or EX edition?

Then people have the option to get a standard w/out tombstone or DX/EX with the accessory.

Sideshow stopped doing those timed PO windows for bonus accessories - I think this was around when the Mighty Thor figures went up for PO.

Let's compare....
1708136243946.png
1708136418732.png

Is it actually going to be rooted or is that just a rug of fur they superglued to the back/top of his head?

Have SS every done rooted hair before?

Back