Premium Format Sideshow Batgirl PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ironlake

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm posting anything here for the first time, and it is unfortunately a cry for help.

If this is not the right thread for asking for help, please redirect me to the right one.

I moved some stuffs around yesterday, I got careless, and this happened :

View attachment 249497

All I was thinking is "I thought I'm having a good day.". I lost all the strength in my body.

I tried my best to repair it with glue :

View attachment 249503

But too many broken tiny pieces, I couldn't do more.

So, here is my request from one fellow collectore to another :

I'm searching someone with Sideshow Batgirl PF exclusive edition, willing to let go of the regular head part and sell it to me.

or

If you are or know someone who would repair it for me, and I'll pay for this service.

or

If you have any other suggestion to help, please let me know.

Thanks a lot !

You might try emailing Sideshow explaining the situation and asking if they would sell you the head only.

I saw you already posted there in the Batgirl PF thread, but yeah, that'd be the place to post rather than create an entirely new thread. I have had incidents where parts have broken by accident and Sideshow does sell you individual parts as long as the statue is still in stock so definitely do that, hope it helps, mate! Bon chance

That would have to be epoxy glued, puttied and sanded semi-smooth. It looks like just the cowl would have to be painted. The rest can be masked. in case SS can't help you, then reach out to the numerous painters on youtube that do that kind of work.

See if SSC can sell you one or hit up Spazzy on here. He is an excellent painter...I'm guessing it would cost more than if SSC sells u a head though. I think there are enough of these out there(for the reg head) that eventually you will be able to get a head for her. Sucks though buddy, sorry to see this happen!

This begs the question: Does that head really need to hollow? What is that crap.

At least it's got some thickness to it. The problem people are having here is cause of that weak magnet on top of that cape fabric. I really wish it would've been a long pin and peg to keep that head snugly in. That was a poor design and I'm sure you will see more and more of these mishaps.

At least it's got some thickness to it. The problem people are having here is cause of that weak magnet on top of that cape fabric. I really wish it would've been a long pin and peg to keep that head snugly in. That was a poor design and I'm sure you will see more and more of these mishaps.

I don't know man, that's total bull to me. Sideshow has literally been raising prices yet lowering overall quality. It's unreal.

You just really have to press the **** out of the sculpt into the neck. The magnet could be stronger but once you do that it stays on reasonably secure.

I don't know man, that's total bull to me. Sideshow has literally been raising prices yet lowering overall quality. It's unreal.

Yea but it does keep shipping costs down to a degree. I'm not happy about the prices but the hollowness doesn't bother me that much. Batgirl isn't eggshell thin either so I don't see it as a big deal. I find the use of materials like PVC a bit more annoying since it seems to affect the quality of the seams, etc.

Yea but it does keep shipping costs down to a degree. I'm not happy about the prices but the hollowness doesn't bother me that much. Batgirl isn't eggshell thin either so I don't see it as a big deal. I find the use of materials like PVC a bit more annoying since it seems to affect the quality of the seams, etc.

I agree with you on the PVC. I mean look at the MoS premium format.

Yeah like the new Dark Phoenix. That statue is nice but worth $500, I think NOT. That small base and flames can't equate to more money, That should be a $399 statue and no more. Look at Red Sonja, it's $550 but at least it's got an awesome intricate base with lots of detail that makes that statue superb and worth a little more money.

If buyers don't give into high prices, will prices drop to try to get sales, or go even higher to make up for losses?

Yeah like the new Dark Phoenix. That statue is nice but worth $500, I think NOT. That small base and flames can't equate to more money, That should be a $399 statue and no more. Look at Red Sonja, it's $550 but at least it's got an awesome intricate base with lots of detail that makes that statue superb and worth a little more money.
I wouldn't be surprised if it's hollow too. I honestly just can't believe that batgirl is hollow.

I got a new ex head sent to me this week. I just exchanged it because they sent me a regular head the first time. Just email and ask you'll get a new one they must have a bunch in stock.

If sideshow won't replace/let you buy a new piece then contact Dark_Spidey on this forum. He does amazing work and lives in France (Paris I believe) so postage won't kill you if you have to send it out to get repaired. As someone else mentioned, spazzy does fantastic work as well but resides in the U.S. so shipping may be a problem. Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

Let's not forget the high ES. You figure with thousands of ES, they could help with lowering the price.

Let's not forget the high ES. You figure with thousands of ES, they could help with lowering the price.

As you already know, SS has transcended itself in such a short time from a $400 statue to whatever they feel $$$ appropriate for today's market, so get used to these higher prices cause they will continue to rise no doubt. I'm gonna be very picky from now on to something that really catches my eye even though it's usually all of them. :)

Back