Statue Sideshow Avengers Assemble statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is another SS Live video that is basically focusing just on this piece... Really looks amazing.

ya just saw it posted on twitter.

looks very impressive, his ashy elbows and knees are very hulk like and the base looks real

I agree... So far all my fav hulks have been in 1/5 scale... King Hulk is in 4th place... But it's a tight race.

I am deciding on either this one or a custom paint up of the original Com. I am thinking about this one because of the head swap options. Though I love the modern head.

I think the Kirby head will look great on the grey Hulk.
The ultimate looks more like Hulk's appearance in the Alex Garner art

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am deciding on either this one or a custom paint up of the original Com. I am thinking about this one because of the head swap options. Though I love the modern head.

As you know I love that original Comiquette... IMO its got the best sculpted body of any Hulk statue out there. Better hair (though I don't mind the one it has) and better paint would make it hands down the best Hulk statue ever. Even with it's flaws I still think it may be number 1.

As you know I love that original Comiquette... IMO its got the best sculpted body of any Hulk statue out there. Better hair (though I don't mind the one it has) and better paint would make it hands down the best Hulk statue ever. Even with it's flaws I still think it may be number 1.

Seriously considering painting a red or grey to avoid the hair issue lol. That or buy this one lol

Last edited:
I have a question about custom head sculpts. I keep seeing people mention custom sculpts for this statue. Is there a particular company or person that does these? If so, how much would one cost?

Have to say this statue is good, really good. Only drawback is the scale.

I have to say that SSC always finds a way to futz up the HULK for me. I don't like either of the classic green PFs. Not fond of the Kirby head sculpt or the pose on the OG PF. The 2nd PF has the same Kirby styled head sculpt I've never liked and a ridiculous Justin Bieber hair style and a Ed McGuinness styled face (another artist who's style I don't care for) on the modern portrait.

As for the COMs, the first COM looks nothing short of phenomenal. Such a unique pose full of rage and motion. A very dynamic piece. However, they give him another obscure hair cut he barely wears in comics and a paint job that looks like it's been done by a 5 year old. If the OG green COM was in 1/4 scale and had normal hair and a great paint job, I'd be done. That'd be the ultimate HULK statue for me. Unfortunately, that didn't happen. So, we move on to this new HULK. Another great pose and sculpt for the character. However, it's again in 1/5 scale, has another ape like portrait and a modern portrait with a bad hair style.

WTF will it take for sideshow to let Martin Canale sculpt a classic green HULK PF with a somewhat modern head sculpt? How f'ing hard is it to give us a pose similar to either COM and put a portrait on it like the one we got on the HULK from the HULK and Wolverine MAQ? Is it really that difficult to understand that there are customers out their that want that type of 1/4 HULK in their collection? I'm beyond frustrated at this point because I just don't see a classic 1/4 HULK I want to add to my collection getting released by sideshow. My only hope seems to be waiting on a Prime 1 piece because it looks to me that sideshow just can't give me what I'm looking for.

Last edited:
I get your point. The truth is for everyone that wants what you want, There are more like me that find this new release great. The only hulks ive ever liked from SS is this and the gladiator hulk

This hulk shown yesterday next to susan is fantastic and had some shading which makes it look superb. That neck seam is in the back and who is going to display it showing the back. It's massive and must be more heavier than a 1/4:scale PF. Although I wish it had been cheaper than $600 I think it could be a reasonable price due to weight.

This hulk shown yesterday next to susan is fantastic and had some shading which makes it look superb. That neck seam is in the back and who is going to display it showing the back. It's massive and must be more heavier than a 1/4:scale PF. Although I wish it had been cheaper than $600 I think it could be a reasonable price due to weight.

Must agree. I mean look at it lol
Huge
ba110383cbb84f6472c46aafcef0dbb1.png

I have to say that SSC always finds a way to futz up the HULK for me. I don't like either of the classic green PFs. Not fond of the Kirby head sculpt or the pose on the OG PF. The 2nd PF has the same Kirby styled head sculpt I've never liked and a ridiculous Justin Bieber hair style and a Ed McGuinness styled face (another artist who's style I don't care for) on the modern portrait.

As for the COMs, the first COM looks nothing short of phenomenal. Such a unique pose full of rage and motion. A very dynamic piece. However, they give him another obscure hair cut he barely wears in comics and a paint job that looks like it's been done by a 5 year old. If the OG green COM was in 1/4 scale and had normal hair and a great paint job, I'd be done. That'd be the ultimate HULK statue for me. Unfortunately, that didn't happen. So, we move on to this new HULK. Another great pose and sculpt for the character. However, it's again in 1/5 scale, has another ape like portrait and a modern portrait with a bad hair style.

WTF will it take for sideshow to let Martin Canale sculpt a classic green HULK PF with a somewhat modern head sculpt? How f'ing hard is it to give us a pose similar to either COM and put a portrait on it like the one we got on the HULK from the HULK and Wolverine MAQ? Is it really that difficult to understand that there are customers out their that want that type of 1/4 HULK in their collection? I'm beyond frustrated at this point because I just don't see a classic 1/4 HULK I want to add to my collection getting released by sideshow. My only hope seems to be waiting on a Prime 1 piece because it looks to me that sideshow just can't give me what I'm looking for.

:lol I know what you are saying... They have yet to really nail it. The original PF has the Paint and quality but I am not in love with pose or face sculpt. The Next PF I liked OK but I thought the Bent over pose was really lacking.. I thought Grey and Red were better.

Now I love the OG Comiquette, bit the paint is lacking.. But man under some overhead lighting there is nothing better IMO.

If it was not a Dio I would say the Hulk vs Wolverine is the piece for you but its not 1/4. But the head sculpt on that is fantastic.

Personally I like the way the Kirby head looks on this one. No complaints other then non 1/4 scale.

I love my King Hulk though... He is just not classic style but he is the best 1/4 scale hulk out there right now IMO.

This hulk is pretty good in my opinion. I'm on the fence also when it comes to the head sculpt. The Ape style head is not my cup of tea but I can understand why others like it. They messed up the exclusive as the fave looks great but that haircut is clearly not good at all. I love the line but hulk is a bit over priced.

Back