Statue Sideshow Avengers Assemble statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I'm coming around to the now EX modern look. I really like the classic look but I feel like the open mouth and and his expression fits more for the pose. Anyone going to make a nice hulk wig for that sculpt to hide the seam and and questionable buzz cut. Will pay haha.

It's a nice piece, to be sure. But I'm just not sure I could ever see a Hulk statue that matches up to/surpasses Hulk/Wolverine. It's already unique in that it happens to be a statue that is 2 characters in an actual action shot but then combine that with its impressive scale and great design of 2 iconic characters, and to me it's a really tough statue to beat.

Hulk and Wolverine aren't even 2 of my absolute favorite characters but to me that is just a great, great statue. One of the best I've ever seen them do.

this hulk just did :wink1: better pose, better sculpt(not overly exaggerated weird looking muscle anatomy) and better face sculpts. but to each their own.

I think the pose looks good on this new HULK. However, IMO the MAQ looks better in every other way. Especially the portrait. The MAQ is a much better buy if one is looking to add a 1/5 HULK to their collection.

I think this new pose absolutely kills it... The Hulk vs Wolverine dio looks great at most angles but from the side view Hulk looks a bit weird with the way he is twisting. So I display it in such a way that you cant see wolverines face. Hulk looks fantastic from the angle.

The face sculpt is Perfect on for Hulk on the dio piece is PERFECT.. Best Hulk face sculpt out there IMO.

But if I had too choose (assuming this new one comes out with the same QC as the Dio) I would choose the new piece. It is classic Hulk. The pose is perfect and you can probably get away with posing it with some 1/4 scale items like new Spidey PF or Brown Wolverine.

Not an easy choice because the face sculpt is just that good on the dio and from certain angles it is perfect.

Either way you really can't lose.

we all have our Hulk face preferences and having options is good. one of the best things about this hobby.

the hulk/wolv dio face looks too human for my taste. its my #1 gripe. looks like an angry dude with green face and i get it, the hulk IS an angry dude, but i still think the portrait should be more on the side of a monster because after all the hulk is a monster as well when hes transformed. just think they really nailed the hulk faces on this new statue. but again, thats why we have options :wink1:

Do you sell custom portraits?

Yeah I have a few in the works that I sculpted myself with ZBrush for the Batgirl PF, Hulk PF, and a new one that is coming for the Batman PF very soon. However, being completely honest given the tightness of the head area given the raised arms on this one I also know EXACTLY who I would go to to get a custom head sculpted for this big guy. I also know he would do it, and guys to produce it so... I could get something(s) done for this one that I am sure people would love.

we all have our Hulk face preferences and having options is good. one of the best things about this hobby.

the hulk/wolv dio face looks too human for my taste. its my #1 gripe. looks like an angry dude with green face and i get it, the hulk IS an angry dude, but i still think the portrait should be more on the side of a monster because after all the hulk is a monster as well when hes transformed. just think they really nailed the hulk faces on this new statue. but again, thats why we have options :wink1:

I LOVE sculpting the Hulk. I myself aim more for the Modern look though as Dale Keown was my biggest influence. I won't like though it is a thrill to work on a big Hulk... especially the headsculpt.

Hulk2.jpg

Yeah I have a few in the works that I sculpted myself with ZBrush for the Batgirl PF, Hulk PF, and a new one that is coming for the Batman PF very soon. However, being completely honest given the tightness of the head area given the raised arms on this one I also know EXACTLY who I would go to to get a custom head sculpted for this big guy. I also know he would do it, and guys to produce it so... I could get something(s) done for this one that I am sure people would love.

I LOVE sculpting the Hulk. I myself aim more for the Modern look though as Dale Keown was my biggest influence. I won't like though it is a thrill to work on a big Hulk... especially the headsculpt.

View attachment 361232

That's awesome. I'm sure not sure how much a custom sculpt costs but I'm sure you could make some money on etsy. Please keep us posted with your progress and if you start selling. That early render looks sweet. Keep up the bad ass work.

I think this new Hulk is the best Hulk out there. He's big, green and god-awful ugly which is the way he should look. Look at that face. Only a mother can love that face and since Hulk has no mom she's off the hook. :lol

Attachments

• marvel-hulk-avengers-assemble-statue-sideshow-2003561-01.jpg
    marvel-hulk-avengers-assemble-statue-sideshow-2003561-01.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 88
I think this new Hulk is the best Hulk out there. He's big, green and god-awful ugly which is the way he should look. Look at that face. Only a mother can love that face and since Hulk has no mom she's off the hook. :lol

Lol. Instill prefer the reg but maybe after Ragnarok I might warm up more to the buzzcut haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's awesome. I'm sure not sure how much a custom sculpt costs but I'm sure you could make some money on etsy. Please keep us posted with your progress and if you start selling. That early render looks sweet. Keep up the bad ass work.

Thanks m8. As for getting the guy I am thinking about getting to do a head.... well he is damn good. One of the best Hulk sculptors out there. So I will see what he says, and I may even be able to see if can do more that one.

Does anyone think there is a chance that the seams on the back of the head get more polished and flush before the final production? I know we won't see it really but it still annoys me. They added dirt to Iron Mans boots... I'm sure this is a lot harder than painting something though.

I see that you can joint a waitlist for the Captain America exclusive version. I guess I need to decide whether or not I think that's worth doing. I'd like to have that version, but I don't want to miss out on the "normal" version either.

I'm very excited to get my Iron Man soon. The money came out today for it. Does anyone know how fast or slow SS shipping is? I'm in Michigan and I think they are in California but I'm not sure if they rush orders.

I'm very excited to get my Iron Man soon. The money came out today for it. Does anyone know how fast or slow SS shipping is? I'm in Michigan and I think they are in California but I'm not sure if they rush orders.

Takes about a week to get to you. I live in the Mid-West (Chicagoland area) and it takes about 6 days once they ship an item. They never rush orders.

todays sideshow live, pause the video at 56:25 - they show new hulk next to hulk/wolverine dio. very cool

:wink1:

todays sideshow live, pause the video at 56:25 - they show new hulk next to hulk/wolverine dio. very cool

:wink1:

Thanks! Haven't been able to watch live lately. I think I'm going with the modern head sculpt now. I think this statue really shines from the front angle. I can wait to see him towering over Cap and IM. If I can figure out a way to enclose them all together on a shelf haha

Thanks! Haven't been able to watch live lately. I think I'm going with the modern head sculpt now. I think this statue really shines from the front angle. I can wait to see him towering over Cap and IM. If I can figure out a way to enclose them all together on a shelf haha

THATS gonna be the challenge. How to pose them together. Now i have 3 detolfs. I doubt hulk will even fit in one lol. I guess in a year we will find out whats the best option to display them together haha
6c6f3640e2455cd4fa1f24b907ae0dca.png

THATS gonna be the challenge. How to pose them together. Now i have 3 detolfs. I doubt hulk will even fit in one lol. I guess in a year we will find out whats the best option to display them together haha
6c6f3640e2455cd4fa1f24b907ae0dca.png

I was hoping to use the Billy book cases for the adjustable height but I don't know how the shelves are deep enough. Also, I want there as dust free as possible so that's another challenge covering them.

Back