Statue Sideshow Avengers Assemble statues

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stop being jelly that you sold it

Yeah I am over that now.. I had a chance to pick one up due to selling a few items and decided not too because ultimately I just don't love it. Its high quality for sure but the face and more then that, the pose, have always been an issue for me. I have a feeling if I still had my original I would have ended up selling him once his value went up to the two to three thousand range.

Most of my regret was coming from the fact I wanted all of SSC larger Hulk pieces... But room became an issue and there are just too many other things I want.

There is something to be said for the original Hulk but he was improved on in not only in art but also in story IMO. The early Hulk comics he turned into Hulk when the moon came up. When he started turning into Hulk when he got excited that was great but in the early comics he would turn back into Banner if got too excited as Hulk... Rereading those early Hulk comics can be a real chore sometimes.

Point is... For me, original is not always better.

But the original PF Hulk is IMO one of SSC best overall productions. That beast is quality even though I don't love the piece as a whole.

Last edited:
Collectors need to stop assuming that originals automatically means better lol. There are collectors out there that actually do not like the OGs. Ive seen so many newer pieces from sideshow that (to me) are just way better. Spiderman and wolverine are 2 of my fav comic book characters. I disliked all previous ss versions. Loved the last amazing spiderman and i got that. The new wolverine pf is already shaping up to be the best one for me. Same goes for the avengers. The only one from the original 4 i really liked was iron man. But that museum pose was just kinda boring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Collectors need to stop assuming that originals automatically means better lol. There are collectors out there that actually do not like the OGs. Ive seen so many newer pieces from sideshow that (to me) are just way better. Spiderman and wolverine are 2 of my fav comic book characters. I disliked all previous ss versions. Loved the last amazing spiderman and i got that. The new wolverine pf is already shaping up to be the best one for me. Same goes for the avengers. The only one from the original 4 i really liked was iron man. But that museum pose was just kinda boring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agree with that. some are better and some arent. its like anything else in life.

there is def a portion of collectors that has the paranoia factor of their OG statue decreasing in value, also the butt hurt factor where they dont want to see something new come out and be better than what they have... basically see things through OG goggles only. everyone has their own agenda.

back to Hulk specifically, this coming Hulk is looking like the best looking Hulk SS has released and Im pumped to see it next week :wink1:

everyone has their own agenda.

back to Hulk specifically, this coming Hulk is looking like the best looking Hulk SS has released and Im pumped to see it next week :wink1:

This is exactly why i don't PO something unless I truly love it and know for a fact it will never leave my collection. Give someone else a chance who actually likes it to be able to get it, I know I might not be making a huge difference but that's one less person on the waiting list. I know most of you guys have had one of your waitlist items convert, how excited where you? lol

Now back to the topic at hand. Super excited for this Hulk, this has been one of my most anticipated pieces. Its probably going to go on PO next week as well, since SS has a tendency to show the products once they are going to go live for PO.

agree with that. some are better and some arent. its like anything else in life.

there is def a portion of collectors that has the paranoia factor of their OG statue decreasing in value, also the butt hurt factor where they dont want to see something new come out and be better than what they have... basically see things through OG goggles only. everyone has their own agenda.

There's no paranoia, no OG has dropped in price

Long live OG prices

It helps me buy newer pieces I prefer

My collection has gone thru a purge lately

With 26 new editions added this year

I prefer the newer pieces because the new lines are more complete than previous and there is more sculptor uniformity between the lines

Ie TMNT Guardians of the Galaxy HeMan Legion of Doom Avengers Assemble DeadpoolCorps Etc

There's no paranoia, no OG has dropped in price

Yeah.. OG prices seem to stay the same... they are not moving up lately but they sure are not moving down.

Having said that if people think their OG piece are better then all others because of value then they just don't understand this hobby.

OG are like issue number ones in comics... They are rare and they are the first. Cap, Hulk, IM, and Thor, though not my fav versions, also hold up very well so that helps. It does not hurt that they are form SSC hey day of QC.

really stupid question sorry.

never did flex-pay. do they ship the statue on release date or will they only ship when its fully paid for? i'd figure since you are on a payment plan they'd ship everything out on release right?

really stupid question sorry.

never did flex-pay. do they ship the statue on release date or will they only ship when its fully paid for? i'd figure since you are on a payment plan they'd ship everything out on release right?

My fellow freak, the only stupid question is the 1 never asked.

With flex-pay, they ship it once your statue is fully paid. Flex-pay is the brightest idea ever come up with. No interest payments and once it's up for pre-order you determine how many months you will need and it's usually like $50 a month. The statue takes a year before it starts shipping anyway, so start paying for it early. No stress on paying a $550 statue + shipping all at once.

Does anyone know of an alternative to Ikea's besta cubes with doors? Having an incredibly hard time find cases with doors that are similar.

Back