1/6 Sideshow ASH - Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Such a winner. Love this figure.

JzOuOCq.jpg

Crap I got in on the 18th! Fingers crossed!

It will most likely convert. I have a feeling SS lists their figures as "sold out" just prior to it really selling out. How close to selling out is anyone's guess. It could be hundreds. They sell out at some point, but with SS we all know it isn't this soon. Sadly, I do believe it's to create hype. Even though I know it's hype I do get excited when something converts. Makes me feel special.:lol

For anyone thinking about replacing the teflon tape wrap with ducked tape or something else. Just rewrap the teflon tape so there is good coverage and then wrap the replacement over the top. It probably wont stick very well but once you wrap over the top of the new tape it will stick to itself and should protect the clothing. I used masking tape that I colored with silver sharpie.

Robbie, I have a question for you (or a couple).

I know you repainted Bettlejuice. I haven't repainted any of these newer sculpts from any company. Are you taking off the factory paint and then painting from scratch or are you painting on top of the paint? If you are removing the paint are you using acetone or something else? If you are not taking off the paint are putting on a base coat and then painting?
Thanks

Robbie, I have a question for you (or a couple).

I know you repainted Bettlejuice. I haven't repainted any of these newer sculpts from any company. Are you taking off the factory paint and then painting from scratch or are you painting on top of the paint? If you are removing the paint are you using acetone or something else? If you are not taking off the paint are putting on a base coat and then painting?
Thanks

I dont remove paint like most. I prefer to touch up than repaint. The base for me is often really good so I can just adjust where I feel its needed. I actually hate painting heads so the less I do the better.

Such a stunning figure of a classic character. If Sideshow can keep this kind of quality up and release characters that HT won't I'd be happy to give them my money. I have confidence that Freddy will be awesome! So happy to have a quality Ash in my line up.

Ash.jpg

Last edited:
The body is the worst bit....it off for sure, but thats a small error...overall he looks great.

Gonna have to stop looking at this thread....cannot afford him right now....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How did you make the stand? Looks great!

Sent from my F8131 using Tapatalk

Looks like aquarium decor. A great choice for the quick, easy, and good looking display pieces.
It's the Sideshow Base that came with their Biker Scout. Bought it loose off Toyanxiety.com

Originally purchased it to use for my HT John Matrix, but felt it fits this character better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Beto had some guy he was working with doing a wood floor base that had an opening that Henrietta could pop out of. Would be so great if someone reliable could actually do one of those.

--edit: if you are a DIY-type:

Wondering what this would look like on a HT Indiana Jones or Bruce Lee body. Better muscle definition than a stock HT slim, but not over-the-top.

s-l500.jpg
The main issue would probably be difference in skin tone. But it might be worth a shot.

Beto had some guy he was working with doing a wood floor base that had an opening that Henrietta could pop out of. Would be so great if someone reliable could actually do one of those.

The main issue would probably be difference in skin tone. But it might be worth a shot.
Pete at Petes paint works. Did one that looked great.

Sent from my F8131 using Tapatalk

Screw you it doesn't even look good..........I'll probably look at the pictures three more times.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Short review, nothing fancy. Just want to show what you get out of the box. SS hit a home run on this one. Gives me hope for Snow Speeder Luke.:clap

Back