1/6 Sideshow ASH - Evil Dead 2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really looking forward to getting mine all these pictures look great!

So much love for Evil dead I wonder if they'll follow up with another evil dead figure maybe Hernietta or deadite Ash given how popular this has been?
Would be cool to have an Alternate Ash with Stub and deadeye sculpt and non ripped clothing. :pray:

So far they seem to just do one figure per movie; so I would not plan on anything else. I'd love a Deadite Ash; but I'm not holding out any hope for that to happen.

And some aspects of the AOD figures are pretty good even by today's standards and can certainly be fixed up with a bit of work. I really like my reworked Evil Ash and the outfit and accessories on the regular Ash are certainly acceptable as a starting point for a custom.

ashaodi_zps152663f5.jpg

Sideshow shirt (modded), boots, accessories and cloak

evilasha.jpg

Evilbeforeafter.jpg

All Sideshow parts, just a new body and lots of paint and mods.

Last edited:
Nice revival on that Evil A!

I think the fangs were meant to be ab muscles. Instead of having the straight line like other muscle bodies, the fangs are there to break it up. If that is the case, it would have been better to have them more rounded.

Now that you say that I guess I can sort of see that mentality, but it's just... yeaa... naahh :lol

When did you jump on the wait list?

2/13 1:09pm

Inboxed it really quick before I went to work it's really REALLY good! Noticed some nice vein work in the headsculpt around his temples the ex hand looks amazing the chainsaw detail is the best out there and it feels metal really happy with it I'll post pics tomorrow

added a hot toys peg for the chainsaw (much more sturdier) and added duck tape in place of the teflon tape

100_8108.JPG100_8112.JPG

Great even the normal wait listed. And i can't go that route as i need to use my rp to knock it down to a reasonable price. They better have more next month.

Great even the normal wait listed. And i can't go that route as i need to use my rp to knock it down to a reasonable price. They better have more next month.

I just bought one off ebay earlier today, and for slightly cheaper than I could have snagged him of Sideshow even with a code. So keep an eye out and you might find a deal. Kind of glad I bothered checking this thread this morning - I had no idea he was even out yet, much less was selling so fast. Guess the improved likeness took a lot of us off guard! I've been a pretty big supporter of what SS has been pumping out lately (loving their Marvel 1/6 stuff) but this feels like even more of a step up. Hope they keep that trend going.

I think the fangs were meant to be ab muscles. Instead of having the straight line like other muscle bodies, the fangs are there to break it up. If that is the case, it would have been better to have them more rounded.

They're supposed to be external oblique abdominal muscles. I think Sideshow was trying to hide the joint lines of the body around natural occurring muscle shapes, here it just made a muscle that should appear minor into something too prominent.

Edit:
I just noticed that the regular Ash is now on waitlist. I don't really want to spend the money on this right now even if a waitlist converts so I'll just stick to my original SSC Ash figures for now.

Last edited:
Oh ****. I guess it did waitlist. That's unfortunate.

I can't get behind SS's insane shipping on this. I considered waitlisting it but $21 to ship it? ****. That. Noise.

I think this is a VERY nice release from Sideshow, but I am still most impressed with the Iminime sculpt. (the one I keep waiting for - fingers crossed)
The Sideshow one looks a bit cartoony in my eyes, still the best Bruce in 1/6 yet.

Got him Wednesday... Really, REALLY impressed. One of Sideshow's finest (if not THE finest).

I know folks will find stuff to tweak, but I am pretty darned happy with him straight out of the box.

Sallah

Man really incredible job from Sideshow I hope Jason, Freddy and Jack Burton come out this good.

Dispite my hatred of the body fang, I couldn't live with not getting this... oh well.

Groovy set of pics Sallah!

Dispite my hatred of the body fang, I couldn't live with not getting this... oh well.

I absolutely detest that absurd fang. I suppose I get what they were trying to do, but it's beyond me how anyone on the design team would have thought that would be a solution to soften, blend and make the joint look more natural, when it did nothing but the exact opposite.

The body uses a soft rubber type layer...you could just cut the fang off

Fang aside, I keep flip-flopping if I like the body. I am experimenting with a new 'skinny' body (like Bruce actually was in the 80s).
Skinny Ash.jpg

All honesty, what do you think?
20170223_150213~2.jpg
20170223_213152.jpg
20170223_213355~2.jpg
20170223_214235_HDR~2.jpg

Main reason I am hesitant to use this body is it feels...inefficient. The stock body looks pretty good on this figure and you can't really use the stock body for anything else as the arms don't match! Right shoulder is smaller on the chainsaw arm and it uses an ugly double jointed elbow, so it isn't like the stock body is suitable for anything but this figure. I think they both look pretty good... I like the skinny seamless arm body, but do I like it enough to 'waste' the stock and lose this body off another project?

Back