Sideshow announces arkham asylum and arkham city collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1/6 Arkham figures. That's what I've been waiting for for years. :rock really hope they do a large amount of characters, not just the typical Batman and Joker.

:yess:

I want an Arkham Harley...or two.

I was thinking they'll no doubt do Harley. I want a nice big selection of characters though, Riddler, Two-Face, Scarecrow, Black Mask. Also really hope we get Robin and Nightwing too. A 1/6 Nightwing would be amazing. The designs of all three games are great.

If Sideshow can make those Starcraft dudes, I fully expect a badass Freeze out of this line.:lecture

I was wondering about this. A Mr Freeze would be a hell of a sight.

I wonder if hot toys will do batman and the joker from Arkham city and sideshow will do them from Arkham asylum, then other characters from both games. Or if hot toys have decided to work with sideshow on what they have so far.

I wonder if hot toys will do batman and the joker from Arkham city and sideshow will do them from Arkham asylum, then other characters from both games. Or if hot toys have decided to work with sideshow on what they have so far.

I was wondering that myself but I'm tired of speculating, been doing that on the HT boards for nearly 2 years now. :lol

Haha yeah that's true. Hot toys shouldn't have teased anything so long ago. It was ridiculous. Hopefully sideshow will get things going a lot quicker. Although to be honest the speed of their comic line doesn't fill me with confidence.

Why does everyone hate on SSC so much? I don't think they're quite at HT level, but then, I've seen some work that takes HT down a peg. So far, everything they've been putting out has looked relatively great, lately. Joker seems like a badass piece of work, and they've improved a lot over the years.

Why does everyone hate on SSC so much? I don't think they're quite at HT level, but then, I've seen some work that takes HT down a peg. So far, everything they've been putting out has looked relatively great, lately. Joker seems like a badass piece of work, and they've improved a lot over the years.

You got me there. :dunno

To me HT needs to be put in their place with the way they handle their Arkham license. Let's all give SSC a chance, enough with the HT neglecting us Batfans. :lecture

Ppl like to think that SSC is crap and nothing can beat the all mighty HT. Quite frankly I think what would've messed up Batman. I think Joker would've worked but Batman would've had some issues. SS has more experience with armored characters and I think they'll have a better go thank HT at Batman. I woudldnt doubt switch out mouth plates either since their current 1/6 Batman has them. Their capes also drape better than most HT batman capes so there's that too. While I'm disappointed in the sculpt for their Drake, the rest of the figure looks amazing so I'm confident this will looks great. It will be a hell of a long time I think before we see something though :lol

I thought something like this too, I wonder if hot toys have been having trouble with the material for the Batsuit. Especially as the joker was practically done in that promo shot a while back. So yeah, maybe they've basically handed it over to sideshow or are working with them now on this. Who knows. And I got no problem with sideshow, I'll buy whoever makes the product I like/want, be it hot toys, sideshow or a newcomer.

PS I'm not following you gipetto. :lol

Ppl like to think that SSC is crap and nothing can beat the all mighty HT. Quite frankly I think what would've messed up Batman. I think Joker would've worked but Batman would've had some issues. SS has more experience with armored characters and I think they'll have a better go thank HT at Batman. I woudldnt doubt switch out mouth plates either since their current 1/6 Batman has them. Their capes also drape better than most HT batman capes so there's that too. While I'm disappointed in the sculpt for their Drake, the rest of the figure looks amazing so I'm confident this will looks great. It will be a hell of a long time I think before we see something though :lol

The raw Drake sculpt looks really good. It's just that, when painted, it doesn't look quite as good. I guess it just depends on how someone goes about painting it. The PF looks great, as is, but I'm curious if the 1/66th sculpt wouldn't benefit from a different paintjob.

Honestly... the only SSC figure that looks really good to me is Snake Plissken.

Every other figure has an "okay" head sculpt or is completely crap.
The tailoring is great though and the bodies have improved(except for those horrid Batman and Superman bodies)

I really do want someone to come along and completely F Hot Toys up... but I'm also not going to lie to myself and expect figures from SSC to be on the same level.

What I want though... is HT to hurry up, release Batman and Joker... and then I'd be fine with SSC releasing everyone else, Two Face, Harley, Scarecrow etc etc.

Back