Sideshow ALIENS Warrior Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Alien Warrior Sneak

What confuses me is that The Dog was supposed to be 1:4. On the site and the box is say 1:4 but in reality it's 1:3 and pairs up nicely with the CM big chap. I would only assume that this would be in the same scale but would they charge more if they just changed the description to say 1:3?

alienlife-1.jpg

Those ventral tubes really look nothing like on the 1979 version.

Companies shouldn't get away with just swapping heads anymore, the Camralien is completely different (and way cooler) than the '79.

The more I look at it, the more it looks like it's "clinging" to the side of those pipes (or whatever they are).

I'm gettin' it!

Ya know...You are right!!
That's his right hand in the pic so It looks as if he's going to be hanging from the pipes. I like the idea!:cool:

I just hope they keep the edition size to 500. It would be a pity if they made a lot of these.

alienlife-1.jpg

Those ventral tubes really look nothing like on the 1979 version.

Companies shouldn't get away with just swapping heads anymore, the Camralien is completely different (and way cooler) than the '79.

Not completely different and most definitely not way cooler.
I agree with the maker. Off to the fire you go!

From what I've been able to see, the big differences are in the head and neck area, also the forearms and hands, and the feet. All else should be pretty much the same.

If this is a maquette of the ALIENS warrior, it'll be pricey, but unless I don't care for the composition of the piece, it's going to be hard to pass, the ALIENS look has always been my favorite of the xenomorph, I'm upset I wasn't aware of Sideshow back when the 1:1 bust retailed and just can't afford the eBay prices on it, I won't miss the chance to get this though.

I'm upset I wasn't aware of Sideshow back when the 1:1 bust retailed and just can't afford the eBay prices on it, I won't miss the chance to get this though.

I feel the exact same way. This will be mine, barring any major design flaws on SS's part, which I highly doubt.

alienlife-1.jpg

The 'Camralien' aka the Winstalien:lol was very much like the Giger. The only reason the head is different is because Cameron said, "Lets see what it looks like with the dome off." There are other details like the lack of second thumb, the forearm blades, and the feet are different, but the dorsal pipes and main body design are actually pretty much the same.

As a matter of fact, most of the Aliens Warrior bodies are just a guy in black tights with pieces of detail glued on. They weren't even full suits like the first movie. They did have some fully sculpted puppets, but as crappy as it looks this is what you were really seeing most of the time in Aliens. And those are the correct paint apps for the movie costumes.

alien_suit.jpg

H.R. Giger is THE MASTER!!!! SWS is the General and..
Cameron is just a tool.

camerons camera angles and direction made the alien warrior look as good as it did on film. Giger came up with the idea but i think the aliens were much cooler in Aliens

To me what makes the ALIENS version better are the small additions and tweaks that Winston made to the costume, all the cool lighting and filming wouldn't have made a difference with Giger's original design, it was the changed dome that really made a difference in ALIENS.

I'm finding it very hard to wait for the reveal and preorder on this. It has quickly become my second most anticipated piece for the year even though it will likely not be released until next year! And I'm also looking around my collection to see what I can sell to finance this beast.

Back