Sideshow acquires DC License!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Comic version Joker? :hi5:

5952188769_0e5ac813e2_z.jpg

I'm not a fan of Jim Lee Joker, but I know (based on the lists here) that others love it, so it's a good choice on Sideshow's part. Part of me wishes we got this:

26178dcthe-joker-posters.jpg

Because I would have bought it. But part of me is glad, because there is way way way too much ____ coming out that I need to buy.

If Sideshow can at least produce 1:6 DC figures on par with their G.I Joes, and keep them at a reasonable price, I see myself collecting them for years to come....( while waiting/hoping for a Marvel 1:6 line sometime in the future!!)

To add on to that I hope they break up the 1:6 DC License into subsets like "Legends of Gotham" for Batman related characters, "Defenders of the Galaxy" or something along those lines for space related characters that way we can get multiple focused releases instead of trying to spread itself thin directly into one united line.

I think that's one way to go...very much like what SS is doing with their Star Wars 1:6 line so far ...still waiting for the bounty hunters release......

I'm not a fan of Jim Lee Joker, but I know (based on the lists here) that others love it, so it's a good choice on Sideshow's part. Part of me wishes we got this:

26178dcthe-joker-posters.jpg

Because I would have bought it. But part of me is glad, because there is way way way too much ____ coming out that I need to buy.

Well, I for one can't wait to see SideShow's OWN take on the DC universe....

I'm not a fan of Jim Lee Joker, but I know (based on the lists here) that others love it, so it's a good choice on Sideshow's part.

I don't think this is Jim Lee inspired. If you take a close look at the face (I know the pic is small), the top of his head looks rounder and the nose looks smaller than the Lee Joker. It looks more like a Bolland Joker to me. Give it a chance. I think it will look great when we see close up pics.

Damn, I guess that's the first one out then....I was so hoping that Superman would be the first PF...Oh well...

Damn, I guess that's the first one out then....I was so hoping that Superman would be the first PF...Oh well...

Well, it's the first one leaked unintentionally. There could be more DC stuff that we don't know yet at the con..

I would've have liked to see a Superman PF too. When you think DC, you think Superman and Batman.

Still the joker looks pretty amazing and I'm hoping we'll see some other stuff during the con.

Well, it's the first one leaked unintentionally. There could be more DC stuff that we don't know yet at the con..

Looks intentional to me. That's a HUGE SSC banner he's on. This was meant to be the 1st preview. I do agree we may see at least one more DC sculpt soon. Rumor has it 2 sculpts are already in the can with 2 more being worked on. Either way, I love that Joker has been released this soon. I love that no one had a villain picked for the 1st DC release. The Joker is the "A" list villain from DC. I think it's a cool pick for the 1st statue in this line.

The fact that it's a PF is what turns me off. However, I will wait for final pics before I buy or pass. I really do like the way it looks from the little that has been shown so far.

I posted my question in the dedicated Joker thread, but I don't see anything that confirms this to be a Premium Format. It may be the first 1:6 offering. All we know is that Joker is one of the initial offerings from Sideshow with regards to the DC license, but what scale this figure is has not been confirmed. It could be either a PF or 1:6, and my guess actually leans toward 1:6, as he is a human character wearing somewhat traditional clothing, and may have been easier to develop than 1:6 spandex for the superhero set...It is all a hypothesis until tomorrow though!!

I posted my question in the dedicated Joker thread, but I don't see anything that confirms this to be a Premium Format. It may be the first 1:6 offering. All we know is that Joker is one of the initial offerings from Sideshow with regards to the DC license, but what scale this figure is has not been confirmed. It could be either a PF or 1:6, and my guess actually leans toward 1:6, as he is a human character wearing somewhat traditional clothing, and may have been easier to develop than 1:6 spandex for the superhero set...It is all a hypothesis until tomorrow though!!

It is a Joker PF confirmed by Sideshow CEO. :)

...and I was totally wrong. :thud: Joker is a PF!:clap

I just saw that in the other thread as I am bouncing around to read all of the SDCC news. There is just too much out there!!

I was hoping to see Batman first, as how they handle Bats and Supes will color how much I might want to collect any of this line!

Back