Statue Sideshow 1987 Predator 1/5 Scale Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd just like to comment on how god damn stupid this Human is, this one right here.

Here's the thing. Whether you like statues better than figures, it is a fact that NECA's 18 inch Predator figure is far more accurate than this Sideshow statue. So..I don't get all this "You can't really compare them" stuff.
I just compared them..for the people who want the more accurate Predator, NECA's is that.

I will save the mods sometime and wont get into it with you again. You need to relax and stop digging a deeper hole before having another mental breakdown.

I'd just like to comment on how god damn stupid this Human is, this one right here.

Here's the thing. Whether you like statues better than figures, it is a fact that NECA's 18 inch Predator figure is far more accurate than this Sideshow statue. So..I don't get all this "You can't really compare them" stuff.
I just compared them..for the people who want the more accurate Predator, NECA's is that.

Just because something is more accurate doesn't make it better okay. Yes the Neca pred is accurate more then this pred version, so Neca wins there. This sideshow PF still looks damn good and will stay in the same pose forever. Once you move the Neca pred he is loose forever and gets' the wobbles like a drunk redneck. So there l just compared the two as well. This pose is also better then one that the Neca pred will stay in.

Excuse me? Where do you see hatred for anything not 100% accurate?

Not once did I mention ANYTHING about not accepting anything that isn't 100% accurate. I just want quality for the prices I'm paying, and I hate people who bash NECA's 18 incher for no friggin reason, when it is actually an incredible collectible that we should all be happy we recieved..

I'll be shocked if I'm the only one who is interested in accuracy, who is interested in having the 300$ + statues/figures he buys look as much like the actual creature as possible.

My god..

We are not bashing the figure for no reason, we have valid points that are true. He gets loose very fast, wont hold his arms up for very long before they start drooping or the ankles getting loose to where they take a nose dive off the shelf and the cheap nettng which is ripping after hardly touching it, so those are valid points. I would rather have one that is slightly less accurate (this one looks prety good to me) that has none of the problems l descibed above.

Now that the expected pre order for the Wolf LSF did not happen, who among you guys are placing your pre order for this statue?

I don't understand all the one or the other BS.

We all know the wolf will be released, just not the exact date. I for one picked up the EX of this and depending on the price of the wolf I'll decide on that when the time comes. I'd like to know if an Elder or P2 will be done in either scale.

We all know the wolf will be released, just not the exact date. I for one picked up the EX of this and depending on the price of the wolf I'll decide on that when the time comes. I'd like to know if an Elder or P2 will be done in either scale.

For some people it is a big deal dude...we all don't have $1000's to spend on many different items. For me id really like to know if the wolf is gonna be released anytime soon or 2 years from now. Id like to own this piece and a few others but if the wolf is gonna be over $1500, I wont be able to afford all of it.

So yes for some it can be one or the other. Not certain how hard that is to understand??

For some people it is a big deal dude...we all don't have $1000's to spend on many different items. For me id really like to know if the wolf is gonna be released anytime soon or 2 years from now. Id like to own this piece and a few others but if the wolf is gonna be over $1500, I wont be able to afford all of it.

So yes for some it can be one or the other. Not certain how hard that is to understand??

yeah agree, luckily i dont have a ss predator statue yet other than one of the smaller dio with the spear. So i ordered the ex it was a no brainer considering the extra you get from the ex version, cant risk getting soldout. I plan to order the lsg too unless they go crazy with the price.

You are in a tight spot though if you only plan to order 1, if you wait you risk this ex getting soldout and lsg being too expensive, if you dont wait the lsg might be much better.

I would say place the order now, most you will lose is the nrd, and most likely they will refund if you complain about the tbd es or tell them want to switch to lsg later.

the Elder piece already shown is 1/5 and SS already confirmed a P2 pf, which I assume would be 1/4. With NRD now adays, I have to be 100% sure when I want something and with SS the way they are now adays, they have lost a lot of my business.

yeah agree, luckily i dont have a ss predator statue yet other than one of the smaller dio with the spear. So i ordered the ex it was a no brainer considering the extra you get from the ex version, cant risk getting soldout. I plan to order the lsg too unless they go crazy with the price.

You are in a tight spot though if you only plan to order 1, if you wait you risk this ex getting soldout and lsg being too expensive, if you dont wait the lsg might be much better.

I would say place the order now, most you will lose is the nrd, and most likely they will refund if you complain about the tbd es or tell them want to switch to lsg later.

This is going to be around for awhile because regardless how long SS waits to show us Wolf, ppl are going to keep waiting until they see the price on him, stalling doesn't change anything.

Guess I see it like this......... waiting for the wolf in order to see if you will get the P1. We know wolf will be expensive and will ship next year. A person should know if they can swing both. Unless you're a one purchase a year collector.

This is going to be around for awhile because regardless how long SS waits to show us Wolf, ppl are going to keep waiting until they see the price on him, stalling doesn't change anything.

That's not always true anymore, remember the joker PF ex? everyone thought it would be around too with a tbd, then all of sudden it was soldout. Same for a bunch other ex statues. I have no idea why SS do it this way now to keep us on edge... They start with TBD then go directly to soldout with no low inventory warning or anything.

Mike Najera did a badass job on this. I was fortunate to see it in person at the freaks party....

Mike paints several items for Sideshow but yet you dont see him posting everything he paints with his name highlighted..... LOL!

GREAT JOB MIKE

Wow, can't believe I didn't see this earlier. What a prick, Rolando! Do you and Mike waste much time thinking and talking ____ about me, or what? Or is it just you? Grow up.

Q and Mike are old friends. Q and me, not so much.

For the record, Rolando, I was the first one in this thread to point out that Mike Najera was the painter and did an amazing job. And maybe Mike would post his great paint jobs here if he cared to do private commissions for the Freaks like I do. No bad on Mike; he can handle his business however he wants. And I'll do what I do. Go try to throw somebody else under the bus, "Officer Quinonez" of the Downey PD.

I highlight my name because I'm proud to paint for the most amazing figure making company. It's an honor to see my name there. And not everybody on the Freaks board knows what my ____ing name is.

Last edited:
Yep! First piece posted in my customs thread where I post all my work. I think he still has it on display in his booth at Frank & Sons. Now when I visit his booth he acts like I'm not there, just like my co-dependent brother does when he gets upset at me for not seeing things the way he does.

Last edited:
Wow, can't believe I didn't see this earlier. What a prick, Rolando! Do you and Mike waste much time thinking and talking ____ about me, or what? Grow up.

Q and Mike are old friends. Q and me, not so much.

For the record, Rolando, I was the first one in this thread to point out that Mike Najera was the painter and did an amazing job. And maybe Mike would post his great paint jobs here if he cared to do private commissions for the Freaks like I do. No bad on Mike; he can handle his business however he wants. And I'll do what I do. Go try to throw somebody else under the bus, "Officer Quinonez" of the Downey PD.

I highlight me name because I'm proud to paint for the most amazing figure making company. It's an honor to see my name there. And not everybody on the Freaks board knows what my ____ing name is.

images

What's with all the talk of the P1 PF, is SS releasing one or is this the 2006 marquette that ppl are referring to? I am anxious to know.

On another note this forum is suppsed to be about collectables, not flaming ppl. Keep the personal attacks off this forum and just deal with the fact that everyone has different opinions.

I'm not religious or anything like that, I just feel that we should stick to what this forum is about.

cheers,

The ES of this piece has to be at least 1,000 for the EX, 3,000 for the reg. I'm guessing the EX would have a higher ES than that

Ordered! This will be my very first statue so i figured what better way to pop my cherry than with my favorite killer alien? :)

That didn't come out right at all lol.

Strange that some of you are having so many problems with the joints going loose on you on the NECA Preds, I mean are you constantly taking them down and messing with them?

I got mine when they came out, put them on their shelves and they have not moved an inch since, ankles are still nice and tight, one small tear on the open mouth Pred's netting (hidden by his bone necklace so it's fine) and the arms are still in the same pose I put them in when I got them.

Just sayin', there's no reason they should get so loose if you don't move the joints around too much.

Last edited:
I got mine when they came out, put them on their shelves and they have not moved an inch since, ankles are still nice and tight, one small tear on the open mouth Pred's netting (hidden by his bone necklace so it's fine) and the arms are still in the same pose I put them in when I got them.

Just sayin', there's no reason they should get so loose if you don't move the joints around too much.
Same, mines been in the same place for about..6 months now. Ankles are nice and tight..hands are tight, one of the shoulders is slightly loose, but it was that way out of the box. Still only one tear in the netting..

Oh and actually, I moved the ____ out of his joints for the first week or so trying to find a good pose..no problems.

Back