Statue Sideshow 1987 Predator 1/5 Scale Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@collectorcol please edit your original post or make sure it's completed before posting. Seeing you post 4 times in a row everytime you replied something is indeed annoying.
Besides, that's what "EDIT" button on the lower right of the screen is for. Please use it.

@collectorcol please edit your original post or make sure it's completed before posting. Seeing you post 4 times in a row everytime you replied something is indeed annoying.
Besides, that's what "EDIT" button on the lower right of the screen is for. Please use it.

Ok ok! As I've just said I get it now.

How else is he going to get his post count up so he can sell? :lol

You're so funny...NOT! I didn't even know you could sell on here. As I have already explained this is all new to me. Sorry I'm not some clued up computer geek, probably cover all you taking the piss, I'm just a collector who loves sideshow. Now I have been told I know to edit. OK!

Slim body, terrible helmet sculpt, weird pose. Like the mate said it reminds me one of those old predator kits of the 90's.

Why dont they chose one of the two concept poses?? I cannot understand that. They were just great:

2yll6qg.jpg

Nothing wrong with the pose..but that helmeted head just looks awful.

This statue kinda reminds me of that big one you see on eBay every now and then.. Erm, dunno what it's called..supposed to be the original Predator.

I can see why they didn't go with pose 2.

You'd have all kinds of people on here complaining that you can't see his face.

2yll6qg.jpg
[/quote]

So it looks like we're also getting a Maquette with one of these poses above?

I still ordered it because I'm a Predator fan. I really hope we get pose #2 in the Maquette version.

But that says it is concept art for. . .a Maquette :panic:

Dont be mislead by the term, Sideshow plays a lot around with it. Neytiri was also called a "maquette" on the proto pics, and now its a LSF.

Better to clarify this cause some folks here can get old waiting for a Predator 1 maquette. There's already one and was released in 2006.

These concept pics were drawn for the statue that refers the title of this thread, because this is the next one following the line started with the Predators 1/5 maquettes/statues/or wtf.

That said, I would seriously pay for a P1 in one of those drawn stances. Hope that one day Narin or someone would sculpt them. The only person of this project that I must congratulate is the guy that draws the concepts for SS, he's really got talent! Pity that his ideas haven't always been heeded!

I personally enjoy the pose , granted its not very dynamic but i think it works. I will agree that the bio mask looks terrible though.

I still ordered it because I'm a Predator fan. I really hope we get pose #2 in the Maquette version.

But that says it is concept art for. . .a Maquette :panic:

yep, this piece is your maquette. Just look at the base on the drawings, they just didn't go with a exact pose from the drawing.

First time seeing this, looks very cool. I dont have anything predator that l really like, this could be it, 1/5 shouldn't be to big a deal. One problem l see is what another member said, the painted netting could kill the overall look. Too bad they dont have any real nettting for these.

was this ever on display at comic con? if yes anyone has an ap photo of the thing

also does anyone know if this is the same 1:5 scale as the recently released big chap alien? it will be a very nice display duo with them facing each other, but only if they are same scale.

i really wish sideshow would clearly indicate what scale each statue is on the page instead of keep us guessing.

Back