Statue Sideshow 1987 Predator 1/5 Scale Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For every statue you receive unsatisfied couldn't you theoretically return them and place another new order until you get one that is satisfactory?

I really, really wanted this statue to be brilliant. Here are my thoughts...

Congrats to those that got a good one and are happy :D

Great review. Would you have kept the Statue if it didn't have the gaps nor any major paint problems?

I am still on the fence whether I should keep it or not. I don't have the gap problems but there are very minor paint issues on the base especially. I contacted Sideshow for a return but now I am indecisive whether I should return it or just keep it and take the $35 credit.

After contacting sideshow about my replacement they have offered me a refund. They said stock on the EX was too limited to continue with replacements.

After contacting sideshow about my replacement they have offered me a refund. They said stock on the EX was too limited to continue with replacements.
Got me a similar answer. Couldn't stop LOLing on that!

'Due to the limited nature of this piece and in spite of the Exclusive still available we found that we are unable to replace this item'
BTW, if you really want a replacement, ask them again.

Cheers,
Neo.

Great review. Would you have kept the Statue if it didn't have the gaps nor any major paint problems?

I am still on the fence whether I should keep it or not. I don't have the gap problems but there are very minor paint issues on the base especially. I contacted Sideshow for a return but now I am indecisive whether I should return it or just keep it and take the $35 credit.

If I may?

I'm keeping mine.

I've got a replacement biomaskhead and now mine have no gaps anywhere. I think the paint is ok.

With no gaps, it is a fine statue imo.

The legs are a little skinny, but looking at it still makes me happy.

just imo.

my replacement have arrived.. hope they are fine, Im fine wit the statue , though i do have problems like proper sitting of the heads and arms.. there is a risk involved with this statue, sometime u forget the parts are loose and try to move it, something could fall and break off :(

Just got another avp dio and cant help but feel very sad.

Here we have a $290 dio that includes 1x predator and 2.5x alien. The predator is 1/7 scale, but it's painted to this level of perfect detail and quality - see photos from old thread.

Then 3 years later....you have a 1/5 predator for $300 that's absolute garbage, with paint that is on par to a $30 hasbro toy.

How low can sideshow sink before they wake up? and this is one of their biggest releases - a predator reboot that suppose to kick off a new series. It could've been something so wonderful, I am really not asking too much, just have it the same paint quality as a 1/7 scale dio that was released 3 years ago for probably 1/2 the cost.

Is that really too much to ask for your products that cost $300 each?

/soapbox off

ei61k5.jpg

n5osgi.jpg

332wmc1.jpg

Just got another avp dio and cant help but feel very sad.

Here we have a $290 dio that includes 1x predator and 2.5x alien. The predator is 1/7 scale, but it's painted to this level of perfect detail and quality - see photos from old thread.

Then 3 years later....you have a 1/5 predator for $300 that's absolute garbage, with paint that is on par to a $30 hasbro toy.

How low can sideshow sink before they wake up? and this is one of their biggest releases - a predator reboot that suppose to kick off a new series. It could've been something so wonderful, I am really not asking too much, just have it the same paint quality as a 1/7 scale dio that was released 3 years ago for probably 1/2 the cost.

Is that really too much to ask for your products that cost $300 each?

/soapbox off

Agree!
Nice dio - still available? The netting looks perfect from the pics.

Is that the Exclusive?

this is reg, ex has the extra unmasked head.

Agree!
Nice dio - still available? The netting looks perfect from the pics.

This is my 3rd avp r dio. The first one i got it from sideshow then sold it, but missed it so much i bought the ex back off ebay for 2x the cost :( then i got this reg for display and going to put the ex in storage for backup.

All 3 had perfect clean paint, one of the best painted predators even though it's 1/7 scale. Imagine if the 87 1/5 one was done to this level of quality, how nice it would been as a center piece. :monkey2

i have the Wolf Dio EX, one of my favorite, i repaint mine tho, such a beautiful sculpt. i really like both heads.

Got me a similar answer. Couldn't stop LOLing on that!

'Due to the limited nature of this piece and in spite of the Exclusive still available we found that we are unable to replace this item'
BTW, if you really want a replacement, ask them again.

Cheers,
Neo.

Eh after two tries one with just horrible qc with paint chips everywhere and the second with more paint issue and actual broken parts i think im ready to call this one a wash

Finally got my replacement head and body! I squeeze him into a side of my collection. Nice and no space to move! I have my other berserker predator in the basement with some other star wars. just no space to fit them all together. Btw I just learn how to post pics this is my second pic ever. Love it and will be posting much more pics all over. It's fun to post pics!

DSC00249.jpg

DSC00239.jpg

Last edited:
Finally got my replacement head and body! I squeeze him into a side of my collection. Nice and no space to move! I have my other berserker predator in the basement with some other star wars. just no space to fit them all together. Btw I just learn how to post pics this is my second pic ever. Love it and will be posting much more pics all over. It's fun to post pics!

DSC00249.jpg

DSC00239.jpg

You got a lot of statues entrepreneur35 :lol Since you like posting pics, try starting a collection thread.

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20

Back