1/6 Sideshow 1/6th Scale Star Wars Speeder Bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really?I thought your pics looked pretty good! Mine are quite obviously asymmetrical with the left one tilted down more than the right. It just annoys the crap out of me!

I was able to teak mine somewhat. One side fits perfectly, but the other side has a bit of a problem with the 'wire' (the part that looks like an Allen wrench).

I plan to mess with it a bit more, but I really haven't touched the bike or scout since last week.

Hmm, so they do sit flush and angle out a little bit then! Not sure if I can actually do it no without disassembling it. I tried to disassemble some parts and it is VERY difficult to reverse the assembly! Things seem to click into place etc very tightly.

With the levers, I was worried about snapping them at the base where they connect to the body! When I inserted mine, there was a loud click for sure, but not sure if they're all the way in properly. I guess you're saying yours does not have the gap underneath so I will try to push a little more.

IMG_1033_zpspdjabfzz.jpg

I put my thumb on the circular part shown here (between the two hoses/cables), and then used two fingers on the underside of the cowling. Pinched until it was seated flush.

Got mine today, as cool as I think it turned out, am I the only one that felt that pretty much every part of the assembly steps could literally result in a broken part? It just feels so, not sturdy. Steps like "plug this in and wiggle until it fits" kind of things.

Again, looks cool, but I honestly wish they had just charged an additional 100-150 and made it more hot toys quality.

Have we seen any hi rez images of the bike yet? Trying to get an idea of how to weather my hasbro.

Have we seen any hi rez images of the bike yet? Trying to get an idea of how to weather my hasbro.

Just google the model and full size bikes - I found quite a few pics.

I'm using those two bikes and also the prototype paint-up of the Sideshow bike as the reference to match. I'm currently redoing the engine, but won't be making too many more physical mods.

Got mine today, as cool as I think it turned out, am I the only one that felt that pretty much every part of the assembly steps could literally result in a broken part? It just feels so, not sturdy. Steps like "plug this in and wiggle until it fits" kind of things.

Again, looks cool, but I honestly wish they had just charged an additional 100-150 and made it more hot toys quality.

"Hot Toys Quality" :lol

jpUMtDxP8iedi.jpg

IMG_1033_zpspdjabfzz.jpg

I put my thumb on the circular part shown here (between the two hoses/cables), and then used two fingers on the underside of the cowling. Pinched until it was seated flush.

Yeah, I managed to disassemble mine again to access the undercarriage. I used the old hairdryer trick again to heat up the connection point, and now the circular part sits flush. This definitely helps since it makes the handlebars angle away more from the bike and so the bars look more horizontal. Still not perfect but better.

Not sure what I can do about the front left vane though. Annoys the crap out of me. Will keep playing around with the little pins I guess.

Here's my video review, showing parts of the assembly and much of what I am disappointed about. Hope you can check it out :)

In my video, I just could not get the base parts sitting correctly in their slots, even after a bit of heating up with a hairdryer. Am i just lining them up wrong? Or does everyone have this problem, especially with the wooden part and rock?

Hi everyone! I got my bike today...and right off the bat I want to say this was more of a pain to put together then it should have been. The handlebars were the worst. The front veins just kind of rest in there. Nothing different then what others have said...but I have one question....and I think I have my answer from previous posts....but does this look to anyone else like my front assembly is badly drooping? I don't know if asking for a replacement from SS will help. What do you all think? I think besides this issue, it's overall a pretty cool bike. Is it $300.00 cool? Not by a longshot on this...or any other Earth.

20150817_201714_zpsdahleif2.jpg

Hi everyone! I got my bike today...and right off the bat I want to say this was more of a pain to put together then it should have been. The handlebars were the worst. The front veins just kind of rest in there. Nothing different then what others have said...but I have one question....and I think I have my answer from previous posts....but does this look to anyone else like my front assembly is badly drooping? I don't know if asking for a replacement from SS will help. What do you all think? I think besides this issue, it's overall a pretty cool bike. Is it $300.00 cool? Not by a longshot on this...or any other Earth.

View attachment 204559

Question has been asked.

Don't try to adjust it. It's supposed to be there.

16B8754D-CB47-4ADB-8095-027DDBDF74CD.jpg

but does this look to anyone else like my front assembly is badly drooping?
View attachment 204559

What I can see the curve started at the mid way from the front. This is the droop you are looking. The front assembly should be sloping down. Not curving down. get a small ruler to see if that front is straight or curving.

Yeah, in many ref pics they don't even have that barely perceptible downward slope seen in the ROTJ still above - it certainly isn't an obvious feature you'd try to replicate. SSC already fudges too many details - not sure why they'd try to replicate something like that.

In Vonhahn's pic above, that is an unintended droop, not a designed angle. Are the poles metal?

Yeah, in many ref pics they don't even have that barely perceptible downward slope seen in the ROTJ still above - it certainly isn't an obvious feature you'd try to replicate. SSC already fudges too many details - not sure why they'd try to replicate something like that.

In Vonhahn's pic above, that is an unintended droop, not a designed angle. Are the poles metal?

Nope the poles are plastic like most of the rest of the body. Seriously having second thoughts about keeping this...

From the video review by koolkollectibleskhai I think I've decided to pass on this. I was on the fence but it doesn't seem worth the asking price to me and seems to have quite a few issues. Plus it just looks sort of cheap and not a lot nicer than something Hasbro would make other than slightly better paint apps.

Back