1/6 Sideshow 1/6th Scale Star Wars Speeder Bike

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is as low as I can get him on the bike for a "racing crouch" I guess you could call it.

20587422172_b2b86d80ac_h.jpg

The Scout in the background's like "what's with the size of this pistol?":lol

Makes me want two troops one for on and another free standing :(

I was internally cursing about this yesterday after seeing the pics of su and tk. In my mind it probably looked something like Clark Griswold's tirade on Xmas vacation ;). I was hoping to skip the bike. Now I'm thinking about getting it AND another trooper.

I have to admit I was never a hugh fan of the scout trooper design when ROTJ came out. It also didn't help that they were portrayed as almost comic relief in most scenes. Suprisingly, it was the sniper rifle that pushed me to pre-order this figure. Not only does it look great, but it elevates this figure to the bad a** elite trooper he should have been. This is how I have chosen to display this one. Although the bike is very cool, I think more time was spent crashing them into trees and being taken down by vine wielding little furry runts then actually riding. As far as the figure quality, I think it is very good. The joints and articulation are fine on mine and I have no plans to spend more money on a different base body. I've read all the posts about helmet, knee pads, etc being a bit off, but as several have already mentioned, it's not enough to write this one off. BTW, the stand is amazing!

I have to admit I was never a hugh fan of the scout trooper design when ROTJ came out.

I was a kid when it came out and loved the film and the Scouts, including the Kenner figure which was an instant favourite. ROTJ, the Scout character depiction and the Kenner figure haven't aged well for me. ;)

It also didn't help that they were portrayed as almost comic relief in most scenes.

BFS; i.e. Boba Fett Syndrome.

Yeah I've always loved the Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike. That speeder bike scene is one of my favorite Star Wars scenes.

Awesome pics guys. Loving the bikes. And very jealous. Here is my hasbro bike and SS biker.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439765806.759776.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439765818.749854.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439765832.036893.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439765840.976597.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439765854.080641.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439765865.771442.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439765876.607600.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1439765884.461299.jpg
Missing a foot pedal I need to find but I'm pretty happy with it.

I think if you heat up the hands and bend them down a bit it would look even better.

I think that hasbro bike looks great with the ss biker. I'd love to see the hasbro bike with a modified base. I hate that transparent bipods!

edit, ok I see you cannot use points on the bike+trooper bundle. That stinks. Bike itself is pre-order, ex bike is wait list so you can't use points there either. So its points on the trooper EX but then you can't use the coupon.

Seems the best option is to use points on the ex trooper (get it for free) and then the coupon on the bundle.
Yeah, that's only because you can't combine rewards points with coupons (the bundle basically works like a coupon added to your order). The truth is the bundle only get you $25 off anyhow, and all monthly codes are $20 -- SUMM3R15 is the code right now -- so you can still use rewards on one of the items. And then buy the other with the code. They haven't been shipping these two together so the bundle wouldn't have saved you any $$ in regards to shipping.

Also, Sueikakyju and TK0083, your pics both made me thrilled that I didn't cancel this. Great stuff. :rock

Yeah, the hasbro bike is still holding its own! Man, this and the chewbacca thread have really taken a turn for the better. With two bikes coming, two troopers, and the Han/Chewie 2pak on order, I thought I was about to be out a friggin $1500! Thx for all the awesome pics!

Interesting that the Hasbro and the SSC are pretty much the same color. Both seem a bit too reddish compared to how they appeared on screen, but maybe it's just lighting.

Also, in looking over the various ref pics, it seems the SSC one is maybe more based on the model and the Hasbro the full size prop. There are rivets around the controls (seen on the Hasbro) on the full size bike but the model doesn't have them, (which is the way the SSC bike is.)

I'm doing the reboot on the Hasbro right now (redoing engine, length and doing paint/weather to match the SSC) and will post pics along with the SSC Scout.

Jedijim, which version of the hasbro bike is that? It has very bold patches of weathering on it that neither of my bikes have (which were the Luke and Biker versions - maybe that's the Leia version?)

Interesting that the Hasbro and the SSC are pretty much the same color. Both seem a bit too reddish compared to how they appeared on screen, but maybe it's just lighting.

Also, in looking over the various ref pics, it seems the SSC one is maybe more based on the model and the Hasbro the full size prop. There are rivets around the controls (seen on the Hasbro) on the full size bike but the model doesn't have them, (which is the way the SSC bike is.)

I'm doing the reboot on the Hasbro right now (redoing engine, length and doing paint/weather to match the SSC) and will post pics along with the SSC Scout.

Jedijim, which version of the hasbro bike is that? It has very bold patches of weathering on it that neither of my bikes have (which were the Luke and Biker versions - maybe that's the Leia version?)

That's my question as well. I own the Scout's speederbike from Hasbro and weathering is almost non existent.

Back