Sideshow 1/6 R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have seen some heated discussions about R2 in this thread quite a few times, but i interpret them as a love of the character, which evokes a desire for collectors to see him represented strongly in a figure they can proudly show-off in their collection.
I personally think R2 looks great, but there is always room for improvement.
I guess we'll find out how durable he is when people start posting about parts that break on him.

I will write more later, but what canI say?

I am delighted with the size and iconic visual impact of this duo.

image.jpg

image.jpg

This site is not what it once was. The 1/6 community is full of greedy squabbling cry babies. There is no interest in the common good.

I don't have the Tamashii 3PO, but my R2 certainly looks pretty big next to all my other 1/6 figures. And he also seems to stand taller next to the Sideshow 3PO, at least from what I can see in pics.

^ Nice weathering on R2!

So anybody planning on going for more of an ESB look, and painting the ring around the front projector silver instead of black? That's one more thing I might try with mine someday...

I'm sorry if this has been brought up before but I noticed your led light is not on. On mine, the front lights on for a few seconds after turning on but then lights off. The one on top and back don't light up at all. Is this common?

I'm sorry I don't fully understand... on my R2:

- the front lights that you see "on" in this picture, are always on, when switched on.
- the projector light on the right of them, looking at them, is off, unless you touch the lights sensor a second time, then it remains on.
- touch a third time, for all lights off.

What lights do you mean :dunno

I'm sorry I don't fully understand... on my R2:

- the front lights that you see "on" in this picture, are always on, when switched on.
- the projector light on the right of them, looking at them, is off, unless you touch the lights sensor a second time, then it remains on.
- touch a third time, for all lights off.

What lights do you mean :dunno

I meant the projector lights. The cylindrical ones. There's three: one on the front, one on top and one on the back.

Where's the lights' sensor?

IMG_0134.JPGIMG_0135.JPG

Back