Sideshow 1/6 R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just replied to Sideshow to accept the early shipment. But in the video cant help not noticing Wampa's injured front leg. poor cat.

It would be a good death - R2 would be lucky to go out like that lol

88ae476b5fe9c7a019e4a55aa8c309ec09cfb2fa3c8a19a5ef8fcab5ff52f6f4.jpg

:lol

But in the video cant help not noticing Wampa's injured front leg. poor cat.

Me too. :monkey2

It was hard focussing on Artoo, what with poor Wampa and the other things.

At least Wampa found a moment of comfort:

15793895774_699986c631_o.png

Here's my Medicom and Sideshow R2 comparisson in height and both with the Yoda (sideshow) figure.:r2d2line
Sorry for the crappy pics.

2iuojso.jpg

2cqbrck.jpg

28157k0.jpg

Now,it seems that there was a "SEAM" too on the MEDICOM R2!!
2ls4lx.jpg

A friend of mine that works on plastic injection told me that this was unavoidable if the dome have some components inside like the electronics/lights and the other in-cased parts. The dome's mold will be constructed in 4-piece/parts,so there will likely to have a seam visible on the injected piece.:lecture

Nevertheless, this is the best R2 figure to date and whether Hot Toys will do one...well, will never know yet. So I'm glad I got this one.:yess:

Me too. The only other accessories hot toys could include is the escape shuttle from episode 4, and that would cost a fortune.

Anyone else think the differences between the Medi and Sideshow are somewhat comical? You have to wonder what reference materials these guys were looking at to get so many details so different from each other.

I'll give Medi some credit on nicer looking silver and blue paint.

Yeah, I'm confused -- the seam runs inward between 2 domes?

Are you guys talking about the cockpit on the milk speeder?

He sings as well...

[video=youtube;NcJLOnRaUI4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=NcJLOnRaUI4&x-yt-cl=85114404&x-yt-ts=1422579428[/video]

:wink1:

R2 delivered tomorrow - made it to Ottawa Canada over the weekend...very fast!

Back