Sideshow 1:6 Lando as Skiff Guard Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brian?s Toys cancelled my order this morning.. no explanation
Welp, I won't be using Brian's toys again. Same thing happened to me. I took advantage of the $200 price during their sale as well as the $40 discount code. They said they'd honor it, but apparently they didn't mean it. It stinks that I won't be getting it for the nice sale price either. They did offer a $10 coupon for future use, but I don't see how that equates to the savings I would have had.

I went out on a limb with a store trying to get a good deal, but I should have just stuck with one of my go to places. Oh well, time to pony up $100 more. This figure is to good to pass up.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Brian?s Toys cancelled my order this morning.. no explanation

Welp, I won't be using Brian's toys again. Same thing happened to me. I took advantage of the $200 price during their sale as well as the $40 discount code. They said they'd honor it, but apparently they didn't mean it. It stinks that I won't be getting it for the nice sale price either. They did offer a $10 coupon for future use, but I don't see how that equates to the savings I would have had.

I went out on a limb with a store trying to get a good deal, but I should have just stuck with one of my go to places. Oh well, time to pony up $100 more. This figure is to good to pass up.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Same thing! I also ordered an in stock Sideshow Excl Plo Koon for that sale, and that was apparently "out of stock" too?

I'm more annoyed just because I even emailed them after the sale saying I understand it was a mistake on the preorder and wanted to pre-emptively cancel it and then they replied saying they'll honor it. I don't see myself picking this up for full price, oh well but I'll enjoy the pics posted here.

Yeah, Dave looks so great - what did you do on the sides of the helmet "jaw"? Did you add sculpt lines to that? The stock helmet doesn't seem to have much detail there at all.

aVROHGa.png

Yeah I tried to add some of that extra texture it had. I used Vallejo putty to create the thin lines, and then some Golden coarse pumice gell for the pebbly texture, and then I simply drybrushed over that. In retrospect I probably should have used a slightly less coarse gell, but the effect works well enough for me.

star-wars6-movie-screencaps.com-3541~02.jpg

Same thing! I also ordered an in stock Sideshow Excl Plo Koon for that sale, and that was apparently "out of stock" too?

I'm more annoyed just because I even emailed them after the sale saying I understand it was a mistake on the preorder and wanted to pre-emptively cancel it and then they replied saying they'll honor it. I don't see myself picking this up for full price, oh well but I'll enjoy the pics posted here.

I ordered THREE figures from them recently. Two during the Black Friday Sale, and one last week. All THREE were canceled, one was a pre-order item that apparently was not eligible for the Black Friday discount; which was an oversight by me, and is fair. However, the other two items were canceled, and I was not notified, I had to contact them. I was told they were having an inventory issue where items that were not in stock were displaying on the site.

Only thing I ever bought from them was an EFX Vader helmet a couple years ago. Got it at a great price, but after hearing about these cancellations I'll definitely be avoiding them in the future.

I tried buying the Rogue One stormtrooper 2-pack from them when they first came out and it was cancelled months later, they never emailed me about it. I had to email them trying to figure out where my order was after they were released widely.

Another time in 2018 I noticed they had a Death Trooper in stock but emailed them before ordering, and they told me it wasn't actually in stock.

No excuse in this day and age to have such piss poor inventory. I opted not to waste my time with them for Lando despite the tempting price and ordered from Timewalker.

I ordered THREE figures from them recently. Two during the Black Friday Sale, and one last week. All THREE were canceled, one was a pre-order item that apparently was not eligible for the Black Friday discount; which was an oversight by me, and is fair. However, the other two items were canceled, and I was not notified, I had to contact them. I was told they were having an inventory issue where items that were not in stock were displaying on the site.

I know how this feels. I had the same experience with Secret Compass. Ordered multiple items from them around the holiday season and all were cancelled. The only time I ever got notified was the first order I placed as the owner or manager (someone lol) said if there was something on the site I wanted they'd give a me discount for the inconvenience to which I then ordered a few more things and all those were cancelled without any notification or reason. Then when I checked back on the site, they all were listed as out of stock :lol these businesses really need to keep an eye on this sort of thing as it easily puts you off ever wanting to buy from said business again.

Well after a lot of effort I was finally able to pry the head out of the helmeted sculpt so I could repaint it with a lighter skin tone. And also try to make it look a bit less cartoony if I could. And I'm pretty happy with how it turned out... even if it's all going to be covered up by the helmet again anyway. :D

I'm kinda tempted to repaint the other head now as well, but not sure if I'd really display it much.

View attachment 504093

View attachment 504094

View attachment 504095

Its always a treat to see your repaints. Your Venkman from years ago is still the best in my book.

Thanks Fly! When I started painting I wasn't sure how it might turn out, but thankfully the underlying sculpt was a lot stronger than it appeared.

I would love to see you take a swing at painting the other sculpt. The difference in likeness is astounding with your re-paint. Well done!

Back