Sideshow 1:6 Lando as Skiff Guard Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20210114_205916.jpg

20210115_161432.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone get shipping from Brian's Toys yet?

No, they told me "should ship this week" ten days ago. Have never really ordered a 1/6 fig from them before - it was that good price people mentioned ($199) so I jumped on it.

I guess check in with them to see what's going on and I'll do the same.:dunno

Great figure. My second figure with the rubber neck body but this one actually works. My AT-AT Driver's neck doesn't hold a pose... articulate the neck and it bounces back to it's original position. I thought that's how those worked but this one works great.
Figure and outfit looks great but as mentioned the pleather bits will go fast even with average handling. When futzing the pleather cummerbund one of those thin cinch ties came loose and when tightening it snapped. Still able to fix it but if it comes loose again, another breakage will mean replacement. Shoulders are a bit too broad and the skin could be lightened up some but overall a great release.
Received Commander Cody at the same time and i have know idea what they were thinking with that swappable arm piece. The connector doesn't snap in ...and that wrist joint.

Great figure. My second figure with the rubber neck body but this one actually works. My AT-AT Driver's neck doesn't hold a pose... articulate the neck and it bounces back to it's original position. I thought that's how those worked but this one works great.
Figure and outfit looks great but as mentioned the pleather bits will go fast even with average handling. When futzing the pleather cummerbund one of those thin cinch ties came loose and when tightening it snapped. Still able to fix it but if it comes loose again, another breakage will mean replacement. Shoulders are a bit too broad and the skin could be lightened up some but overall a great release.
Received Commander Cody at the same time and i have know idea what they were thinking with that swappable arm piece. The connector doesn't snap in ...and that wrist joint.

Yeah I'm pretty much committed to swapping out all the pleather parts with real leather. There is something about the pleather that feels like it's going to last a year or two at the most. After dealing with 1/6 stuff for almost 15 years you get a bit of "sixth sense" about pleather and this stuff looks like it was 25% toward deterioration even by the time they fitted it to the figure. Like a bad batch.

And yeah I think those tubes on the ATAT driver helemt didn't help. It was a frustrating figure for sure - the tallness and broadness of that body didn't help. And a warning to everyone - I've had maybe 6 or 7 of this type of SSC body and the shoulder spin joints break quite easily. A ridiculously thin pin.

Yeah I'm pretty much committed to swapping out all the pleather parts with real leather. There is something about the pleather that feels like it's going to last a year or two at the most. After dealing with 1/6 stuff for almost 15 years you get a bit of "sixth sense" about pleather and this stuff looks like it was 25% toward deterioration even by the time they fitted it to the figure. Like a bad batch.

And yeah I think those tubes on the ATAT driver helemt didn't help. It was a frustrating figure for sure - the tallness and broadness of that body didn't help. And a warning to everyone - I've had maybe 6 or 7 of this type of SSC body and the shoulder spin joints break quite easily. A ridiculously thin pin.

Gaining that one-sixth sense over the years?? ;)
True... leather would be best replacement over a replacement part. I may just replace the this cinching leather bits and whenever those go and wait out the rest.

I thought it was the tubes, although they do hinder the articulation, but the neck peg was just loose - not enough friction, unlike the Lando body. He's been boxed up awaiting an eventual body swap. Definitely with a shorter and slimmer body.

Chaka's customs are always great to see... i forgot about that Dengar head wrap - so good!

Jabba with Lando looks great there, TonTon!

That Weequay looks incredible, Chaka. Just got Lando and set him up with Jabba. Pretty cool fig.

fd438c48047c97281746637c2890e524.jpg

Now that's the business.:lecture:clap

Gaining that one-sixth sense over the years?? ;)
True... leather would be best replacement over a replacement part. I may just replace the this cinching leather bits and whenever those go and wait out the rest.

I thought it was the tubes, although they do hinder the articulation, but the neck peg was just loose - not enough friction, unlike the Lando body. He's been boxed up awaiting an eventual body swap. Definitely with a shorter and slimmer body.

Chaka's customs are always great to see... i forgot about that Dengar head wrap - so good!

Jabba with Lando looks great there, TonTon!

I see small dead people - way too many of them in fact.:lol

Replacing all the pleather around the waist area is probably what I'll do first - the armor straps on the chest are tricky. You can get some nice wrinkling with real leather though, this is my custom Lando cumberbund below. I'm glad Sideshow didn't do pleather for the sandal spats (I love what Sideshow did with the boots, though I'm not convinced Lando has bare feet in those sandals onscreen) - they were tricky to do in leather for my custom due to the straps layout and the buckles.

LG79Hcu.jpg

So much Chaka awesomeness.:clap

Is Weequay's weapon the vibro that came with the Leia Slave eBay figure kit? I'm curious how that weapon compares to the Sideshow Lando version. The Sideshow one is really nicely detailed and decently painted but it feels a little thin/slender to me.

Weequay's vibro axe is from the kit Enaud did a few years ago.

Well after a lot of effort I was finally able to pry the head out of the helmeted sculpt so I could repaint it with a lighter skin tone. And also try to make it look a bit less cartoony if I could. And I'm pretty happy with how it turned out... even if it's all going to be covered up by the helmet again anyway. :D

I'm kinda tempted to repaint the other head now as well, but not sure if I'd really display it much.

20210118_141608 (4).jpg

20210118_141133 (4).jpg

20210118_140256 (3).jpg

Yeah, dave your paint skills are astounding.:clap

How did you end up getting the head out of the helmet? I left it in very hot water for a few minutes and the head and helmet "jaw" gets very soft and it did feel like you could maybe tear it out. Though it felt like you'd need to get pliers onto the hair to pull it out. If you use pliers it will mark the head, but I guess it's just on the hair. One other concern is the helmet "jaw" is pressed against the face so it will almost certainly scrape the face paint if you tear it out.

What a joke that the dude in the official Sideshow unboxing video claimed it was designed to have the head just pop out of the helmet so you could display the helmet in the figure's hand. That makes perfect sense given the fig comes with a no-helmet head so he needs to be able to hold the empty helmet (as he does in the skiff battle - he uses it as a weapon actually) but Sideshow in fact solidly glued that head inside the helmet.

Back