Sideshow 1:6 Lando as Skiff Guard Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshowcollectors.com is doing one of those "Unsealed and Revealed" videos for this figure on December 8 at 1pm PST

Looking forward to seeing this figure out of the box and into the light...

As well as watch the so called "expert" who does these potentially break yet another figure while while posing or swapping parts :lol

:lol I had to double-check to make sure, too!

We'll need to double check the no-helmet head to make sure it's Lando and not his stunt double too.:rotfl

If I know Sideshow, there's an 80's African-American stuntman out there that'll have a smile on his face once this figure hits...

SI2K95H.jpg

Looking good but the tusks over the face shield are looking pretty fat and the armor is looking quite metallic - chest looks bright gold and wrist bright copper. Those colors are present in the costume armor but not as bright as that.

But again - crazy angles (with lens distortion) and harsh lighting may be responsible for all of these issues. Can't wait to see the SSC unboxing so we can finally see this fig with normal lighting and neutral pose, and photographed more than six inches away from the figure.

Regardless, I'm getting excited for this guy.

Yep, the colors of the armor continue to look off to me. Has anyone watched the unsealed and revealed video? Just curious if it looks different on video.

Looking good but the tusks over the face shield are looking pretty fat and the armor is looking quite metallic - chest looks bright gold and wrist bright copper. Those colors are present in the costume armor but not as bright as that.

But again - crazy angles (with lens distortion) and harsh lighting may be responsible for all of these issues. Can't wait to see the SSC unboxing so we can finally see this fig with normal lighting and neutral pose, and photographed more than six inches away from the figure.

Regardless, I'm getting excited for this guy.

I like the material of the outfit and the armor looks good to me, but the helmet details look mighty soft, like a blown up 6" helmet. Obviously it'll probably look better in hand at normal size but there just to be very little weathering to give it some realism.

Kinda feels like people are trying to make this figure look a lot better than it really is...

That's what a lot of us do every time we snap a shot! :)

It's looking better...I'm also getting excited to see that SSC video and the actual figure itself.

Yes, I?m getting more excited about this figure now. There will no doubt be issues, but I think that the last pictures I posted here shows that he CAN look good - at least if posed and lit well.
Materials and leatherwork look good. Imo SSC is usually better at real looking leatherwork than HT. Just compare the SSC Jawa bandolier with HT.

Back