Sideshow 1/6 Jawa Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got this set from Sideshow today and the join surprisingly very tight. In fact it is super tight.... Something must been changed.
ff1089fb065bf460f09042ed9f76505b.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Seriously...anyone else seen this ? If that's the case I might consider getting them.

Did you do water treatment on the robes by the way ? They look great in that shot.

The joints on mine are nice and tight as well, received them a month or more ago. R5-D4 should be arriving today to make a nice little display with them. Now if they would just rerelease the Tusken raider figure I could have a nice little "Natives of Tatooine" shelf.

The joints on mine are nice and tight as well, received them a month or more ago. R5-D4 should be arriving today to make a nice little display with them. Now if they would just rerelease the Tusken raider figure I could have a nice little "Natives of Tatooine" shelf.

Ok thanks guys. Maybe with this latest batch they did fix the issue.

I also have R5-D4. And am hoping HT do a Tusken Raider at some point. Then with a Sandie you can't go wrong !

Maybe I will get some Jawas at some point. Perhaps with the next decent code or when I have some more points accumulated.

My display plan is actually a Tatooine building /alley with door where the Sandtroopers are checking for droids.

Then the other characters in the alley to the side. R5-D4, a Gonk, Jawas and a Tusken Raider. Maybe Greedo if they do him....

Can't go wrong with Tatooine aliens.

Definitely get yourself the Cocoboloboy stand for the Jawas.

It saved me from flinging the floppy Jawas against the wall in frustration... :wink1:

View attachment 400436

It really makes the display look classy, too.

Couldn't agree with you more. I despised these figures because I could not get them to stand properly, I received Cocoboloboy's stand and absolute love these figures now!

Strangely enough the figure I have the most problems with as far as loose joints go is my HT Yoda, he literally cant stand or even hold his cane. I probably should have returned him at the time, so much for doing any Force levitation poses.

Seriously...anyone else seen this ? If that's the case I might consider getting them.

Did you do water treatment on the robes by the way ? They look great in that shot.

I received it last night and I did not do any water treatment yet, but after 30 minutes of playing around with the hood and the rope, I was able to get into very decent pose. The tight join was caught me completely off guard - that was not I am expecting. I guess, when you set the bar really low, the satisfaction is highly rewarded. Only small complain I have for the figures is they a bit tall. If anyone considers to get this, I'm highly recommended.

I received it last night and I did not do any water treatment yet, but after 30 minutes of playing around with the hood and the rope, I was able to get into very decent pose. The tight join was caught me completely off guard - that was not I am expecting. I guess, when you set the bar really low, the satisfaction is highly rewarded. Only small complain I have for the figures is they a bit tall. If anyone considers to get this, I'm highly recommended.

OK awesome ! Thanks for the heads up. Actually when I think about how the joint works. All SS had to do was remove some metal from the mould negative and they could tighten up the joint mechanism. Sounds like they may have just done that.

Great, back on the radar then !

Actually the Jawas varied a lot in height. Some of them were even taller than these. I think that we think a lot about the jawas as the very short Kenner version.

Actually the Jawas varied a lot in height. Some of them were even taller than these. I think that we think a lot about the jawas as the very short Kenner version.

Yeah, I just looked up some screenshots from ANH movie, and they are taller than I thought - I guess Kenner version on a short side.

Finally got me a set. Just opened to take a peek and check the joints. Great looking figures and love the pouches and vest which have nice texture and detailing. All the joints are nice and tight. My only issue is the taller one’s left hand comes out pretty easy, but doesn’t fall out, so not a huge issue. Couldn’t beat the $35 coupon and free shipping.
Robes definitely need the water treatment though. Glad I picked these up.

Finally got me a set. Just opened to take a peek and check the joints. Great looking figures and love the pouches and vest which have nice texture and detailing. All the joints are nice and tight. My only issue is the taller one’s left hand comes out pretty easy, but doesn’t fall out, so not a huge issue. Couldn’t beat the $35 coupon and free shipping.
Robes definitely need the water treatment though. Glad I picked these up.

OK that's interesting. Looks like they've finally fixed the joints. Where did you get the $35 coupon which would work with these guys ?

Any pics ?

Been loads of talk of coupons and vouchers around. I'd love to find one to get a little chunk off the Biker Scout too.

OK that's interesting. Looks like they've finally fixed the joints. Where did you get the $35 coupon which would work with these guys ?

Any pics ?

I’m guessing the V.2 have the tightened bodies and possibly slightly different robes, at least the wear on the bottom appears more apparent than the first version accodording to pics I’ve seen.
It was an email code they gave out in the middle of April. REFUN-18 or something? Getting people to spend some of their tax refund I guess. It was only good for the usual stuff and besides TFA troopers, Phasma, Artoo and Threepio the Jawas are the only ones I’d pick up from that list.
Just quickly inspected them and boxed them up. I’ll try to post a pic soon.

The joints on mine were pretty tight to start with, but they do loosen over time. I really don't think there'd be a way for SSC to fix the joints without redoing the mold, which I would seriously doubt they'd do.

Tightening them is pretty simple though - just strip the fig and use the superglue trick. Takes a while, but works well.

I’m guessing the V.2 have the tightened bodies and possibly slightly different robes, at least the wear on the bottom appears more apparent than the first version accodording to pics I’ve seen.
It was an email code they gave out in the middle of April. REFUN-18 or something? Getting people to spend some of their tax refund I guess. It was only good for the usual stuff and besides TFA troopers, Phasma, Artoo and Threepio the Jawas are the only ones I’d pick up from that list.
Just quickly inspected them and boxed them up. I’ll try to post a pic soon.

OK cool. I'll keep an eye out for the next email. I did also get that email but thought it was the typical stuff they are trying to get rid of. TFA figures etc.

@Talibane : Changing the mould is pretty easy. They just need to remove some metal in the mould at the right place which then creates more plastic on the figure joint. Thereby making any gap between joints smaller and making them stiffer. Trust me I'm an engineer. :lol

Back