Sideshow 1/6 Jawa Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kind of worried about the light up eyes, SSC already has battery leakage on the Probe Droid, what will these do. They look awesome though.

Pixelpiper, I am also curious about your custom Jawas.
Sideshow doesn't make batteries.

I might be wrong here, but to fix a leaking battery, you replace it with a new battery.

Sideshow doesn't make batteries.

I might be wrong here, but to fix a leaking battery, you replace it with a new battery.

It seems pretty much every single battery SSC supplied for the Probe Droid has leaked, and many of the batteries supplied with R2 were flat within weeks without much usage. SSC did respond and hopefully will be changing suppliers in addition to not pre-inserting the batteries.

R2 still lights up fine.

Yea, all my HT ones are dead and removed.

Maybe switching off the under-dome switch helps. Both my SSC R2's batteries were dead within two weeks of arrival and I only used them a few times.

The hood on the tall one is wrapped too tight. The robe material is wrong and that black lining in the hood is unnecessary. IMHO some of the custom jawas that have been made over the years look a lot better.

R5-D4 on the other hand looks absolutely awesome. I always liked R5s.

Cool, great to see these little buggers see some very late attention from sideshow. Anyone got the medicom vcd, not very posable i know, but it looks fine on jabba's throne with a big-a*** leaf. The only thing it lacks besides articulation is that the eyes only reflect light.

Well the designs of the Jawas are relatively simple so the figures weren't going to have a lot going on to begin with. I just am hoping that Sideshow keeps the prices for these in line given how small they are and that they have pretty basic outfits and accessories.

given how small they are and that they have pretty basic outfits and accessories.

That's the catch right there. Small means new custom body. Accessory-wise it's the same as for anything else, mold costs for anything plastic, die/cutting costs for vinyls. I wouldn't expect a penny lower than $150 for these, and $200 is much more realistic.

But for pete's sake, I REALLY hope they get different fabric for the robes, otherwise these retail figures are going to need new threads for a lot of folks. I also want fur on their arms, hands and faces, but I'm fine with doing that myself, I have plenty of glue and black faux fur kicking around here.

No need to worry about batteries - I'll hook anyone (who wants it) up with plug-in adapters.

Jing tuk!

Me likey, but the fabric is off. I doubt it will change before release, because it's the same type as they used for the tusken raiders. Not a big problem though... I think they'll look fine. If the color is off, a quick dye job will fix that. One thing that would have been nice is a double-sized rubber sand base.

That's the catch right there. Small means new custom body. Accessory-wise it's the same as for anything else, mold costs for anything plastic, die/cutting costs for vinyls. I wouldn't expect a penny lower than $150 for these, and $200 is much more realistic.

But for pete's sake, I REALLY hope they get different fabric for the robes, otherwise these retail figures are going to need new threads for a lot of folks. I also want fur on their arms, hands and faces, but I'm fine with doing that myself, I have plenty of glue and black faux fur kicking around here.

No need to worry about batteries - I'll hook anyone (who wants it) up with plug-in adapters.
Yeah given that they're coming as a pair I'm going to guess that they'll at least be $200. I just hope they don't go too much over that price point.

the fabric is off. ... it's the same type as they used for the tusken raiders.

I'm not sure if it is. It has a similar scrunchiness to it, but only someone who's seen it in person can really confirm this, none of the photos I've seen yet are high enough resolution to tell definitively. The color on the other hand looks at least acceptable. There's a pretty wide margin for these robes, IMO, even in the movie.

Back