Sideshow 1/6 Jawa Figure Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol I'll remain a critic until I see a figure that doesn't look like it was cobbled together from the Tusken Raider parts bin.

Ive been wrong before regards sideshow ss fabric, only recently got the old PT jedi and was very pleased. If only figures were £50 again lol, the good old days

I will be smiling for the rest of the week!!!!

Hope I can still keep that smile when the price is announced.:lol

Unless they release this set before TFA hits or Jawas are featured in TFA, that's a pretty bold move. With the plethora of main characters coming our way, only hardcore collectors will go for this iconic OT third tier alien. For my part, i'll certainly try and pick a set as Sideshow proved their worth when it comes to non human creations.

Agree. Sideshow always do well with their non human output, a pity that there hasn't been more.

Thanks for posting these pics!

I'll be getting these figures regardless, but that material just doesn't look right to me - it looks to be the same material SS used on the Tusken Raider.

i totally agree... hopefully the material will be updated... it isn't working.

SWC_7867_RESIZED.jpgSWC_7863_RESIZED.jpgSWC_7864_RESIZED.jpg

More images from sirstevesguide.com.:)

Something seems amiss with the size (or something) of the head otherwise, they look decent enough for a prototype. I like one short and one tall approach..

Let's hope that fabric changes before they ship - it's distracting to say the least.

The original costumes were a coarse fiber twill weave, a throw or blanket if memory serves. At scale, it's best approximated with a lighter twill weave fabric, of which many are readily available, it's just difficult to find at the right pitch and suitable weight. Denim, is a twill weave for instance, but too heavy in weight.

Something seems amiss with the size (or something) of the head otherwise, they look decent enough for a prototype. I like one short and one tall approach..

Yeah, these are very reliant on futzing and the hang of the hood/robe - these probably didn't get enough of a futz. That being said, the fabric doesn't seem to be the right consistency, but it's cool they went to the trouble of putting in the black fabric inside the hood. Wish the eyes were lit up.

Proportionally, the heads should appear bigger, as some of them were kids and others little people....I think the placement of the eyes seem correct...at cheek level.
But definitely heads must be bigger....like the hasbro ( though the first version had high eye placement.....however the medicom was spot on....just had to futz the hood really well.....

Back