Sideshow 1/6 Jabba and Throne

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually I could be wrong with ALL states. I guess it could be WHEN states decide to do this. So who knows the exact timeframe on that. This is what I received from them.

“Thank you for contacting us and I will be happy to help. The $4 flat rate shipping applies to all items shipped to physical addresses within the continuous United States, so fortunately that will apply to Jabba as well. With the ever changing tax laws, we will be forced to collect sales tax as states enforce their tax rules. We expect that nearly all states with current sales tax laws will be enforced by early 2019. We do apologize for this inconvenience and I am hopeful that you are still able to continue acquire products from our site for your collection.”

Shoot! Here it comes, the thing we all dreaded for so long -- internet TAX. Now my preorders at other retailers make no sense except for free shipping.

So if someone were to want Jabba... NOW would be the time to avoid tax.

Last edited:
Yeah I think most of us would be cool with that price! :D

Yeah can’t wait for this guy. Been wanting a Jabba for a while. Gotta thank the wifey for the gift card. She might think the $250 covered the whole price. Hope she doesn’t get the :horror reaction.
She’ll most likely just call me a Jackass 😏

My wife is a corporate accountant, and these are the states that will be collecting sales tax on Internet orders (37 in total, including D.C. area):
AL, CA, CO, DC, GA, HI, IL, IN, IA, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, NV, NJ, NY, NC, ND, OH, OK, PA, PR, RI, SC, SD, TN, UT, VT, WA, WV, WI, & WY.

The rest will no doubt follow suit once their Senate and Legislature get their ducks in a row.

Thanks for the info Stryker.

Shoot! He it comes, the thing we all dreaded for so long -- internet TAX. Now my preorders at other retailers make no sense except for free shipping.

Right?! This will affect eBay too. I did some quick searches and there was mention of it starting April 1st for CA and stores that sell up to a certain amount: $100,000 gross sales and/or 200 sales in that state per year. Not sure if that’s official or not.

When? I'm in CA and haven't yet paid tax on internet sales other than those bought in my state.

It should start in the next few months. It’s not as easy as people think. It involves all sorts of changes to how companies have their accounting software set up. Each state having its own individual tax, different zip codes having different tax — it’s an absolute pain in the ass.

Well I ended up breaking off the tip of one of Salacious's ears on camera while filming part of my review. Be careful! I was able to glue it back though.

Bummer, They really are ridiculously thin, my only major negative with this set. Curious on what glue you used? Some resins van be tricky to glue. I know locktite will hold it, but I would be worried about any residue it leaves.

When Colorado’s economy gets that tiny bump this year they can thank us :lol 2.9%??
Time to start shopping around for new shops and sellers on eBay :gah:
This is international as well?

It should start in the next few months. It’s not as easy as people think. It involves all sorts of changes to how companies have their accounting software set up. Each state having its own individual tax, different zip codes having different tax — it’s an absolute pain in the ass.

You’re tellin me 😏

Bummer, They really are ridiculously thin, my only major negative with this set. Curious on what glue you used? Some resins van be tricky to glue. I know locktite will hold it, but I would be worried about any residue it leaves.

I used Bob Smith Industries superglue, which I have had good success with in general. The main issue with these ears is that they are so thin there is very little surface for the glue to hold onto.

Thanks, I'll have to try them out! Glad you found the piece when in broke. My big worry is an ear breaks and I don't notice until a few days later- that little piece would be as good as gone.

Great custom Bib Fortuna's in this thread, it's inspired me to try my hand at customizing mine.

Last edited:
I finally got around to give my Bib a new body. (take a pic soon) I drilled the whole in the head wider to fit the neck peg so it would sit better inside. the hardest work was trying to get out the old neck socket that was like glued inside the head because those old bodies sucked.

I hope it takes them a long time.

I think CA is 10+% now. It's crazy.

So Sideshow tax will affect everyone...?

How does it work: do you pay the purchasing state's tax, or your own state's tax regardless where you buy? And how about overseas?

I think you pay that states tax. Also I believe Thousand Oaks sales tax is about 7%... last time i was out there, unless the charge the state tax. It’s all confusing.

I think you pay that states tax. Also I believe Thousand Oaks sales tax is about 7%... last time i was out there, unless the charge the state tax. It’s all confusing.

You pay the city? Even if purchasing outside the state. Jeez, what a mess.

Ive heard of people moving to other states for tax reasons, never heard of anyone moving cities in the same state to change their tax rate.

I figure since the tax I get charged on from SS purchases are much less than the 9.5% i usually get charged on everyday purchases. I’m thinking it’ll be the same for out of state buyers too.
Taxes vary across CA zip codes.

Yes. That’s how it is. Quite a few cities have a different tax than their states. Like I said, it’s not just state tax that gets collected, some zip codes have different tax requirements, as well. My wife tries to explain all this to me, and it just gives me a headache. I’ve never enjoyed numbers.

I'm just going to ignore the taxes for now and pretend it's not going to happen. Once it does I'll probably complain for awhile and then try to grab more stuff off eBay.

I'm just going to ignore the taxes for now and pretend it's not going to happen. Once it does I'll probably complain for awhile and then try to grab more stuff off eBay.

But it will be thru ebay as well, at least domestically. That's the issue.

I'm wondering when they'll do it for international as well. Might be buying my dolls from China for awhile before that tidal wave hits.

But it will be thru ebay as well, at least domestically. That's the issue.

I'm wondering when they'll do it for international as well. Might be buying my dolls from China for awhile before that tidal wave hits.

EBay itself will add taxes on all purchases, regardless of where they come from. So you'll put an Asia-based item in your cart and when it comes time to pay, the tax will appear on the payment screen. The seller won't collect the tax, eBay itself will.

Well it's been nice knowing you all, after I pay off Jabba I'm going stop collecting and move to a remote county in Texas where there is no sales tax and everyone hates the government;)

Back