1/6 Sideshow 1:6 Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just opened mine.

Too tired to play with him tonight, but first impressions are very favourable. :)

The head sculpt looks great - light years ahead of Sideshow's usual fare! (Far, far better than photos here imply).

The seam in the hair is a bit obtrusive, but the hat looks fine on him and is well shaped with the brim dipped forward at the front. (Haven't noticed that in all the in-hand photos).

The gas mask bag strap is a little clumsy in execution. I'm tempted to try the old SS Raiders Indy bag.

Just opened mine.

Too tired to play with him tonight, but first impressions are very favourable. :)

The head sculpt looks great - light years ahead of Sideshow's usual fare! (Far, far better than photos here imply).

The seam in the hair is a bit obtrusive, but the hat looks fine on him and is well shaped with the brim dipped forward at the front. (Haven't noticed that in all the in-hand photos).

The gas mask bag strap is a little clumsy in execution. I'm tempted to try the old SS Raiders Indy bag.

Glad you like it kuat! Don't bother with the old ssc satchel, it looks like its lined with cardboard. The one he comes with fits two of the sankara stones perfectly. Maybe just change the strap if you don't like it.
Please show pics when you can:)

Glad you like it kuat! Don't bother with the old ssc satchel, it looks like its lined with cardboard. The one he comes with fits two of the sankara stones perfectly. Maybe just change the strap if you don't like it.
Please show pics when you can:)

It's been a while since I looked at the ROTLA bag. The strap on the new one was annoying me, but maybe it will look better in the morning.

Was going to take a quick photo, but the camera battery needs charging. :(

Thanks! The Hot toys fedora can be pulled down a bit further without bulging out and the paint does not rub off.
I think the paintapps and overall likeness of Harrison Ford is one of the best I've seen. I really think imo that Sideshow nailed him. Could not be happier.
Here is a upclose photo of him, sorry the best I could do, but again he is much better in hand.
f8c6af0f8d856443a45301c665557f88.jpg

Sendt fra min SM-G925F med Tapatalk

This blows Hot toys Indiana out of the water. A very first for sideshow!

I wonder how the SS TOD will look if I try a Kali ma cursed look to him like I did with my spare HT a while back

I hope my sovereign jacket will work on the SS body

THAT is amazing!

The HT hat looks a lot better than the MJ, but hopefully people can pull it down a bit farther without it bulging out.

I'm struck by the opinions that this is the best painted face SS has ever done. I haven't seen one good picture yet of this paintjob. Someone really needs to get this figure outside and take a decent close-up. Please.

I will....I promise... :)

So I opened indy up today...
I'm impressed! Still gunna weather the shirt more, but everything else looks great. The headsculpt looks very much like indy, it's not perfect, but what HS is.
The seperate hair piece has a terrible seam, and like the fedora, is held in place by a magnet.
Overall I'm happy with this figure, but as usual there are a few things that could have been done better.
Heres some pics so you can judge for yourself (with flash)
View attachment 246454
View attachment 246455
View attachment 246456
View attachment 246457

These shots have me...hopeful. (and I love your collection there, Raiders!)

I can hardly ever convey with my camera what I see in hand, as I have no proper place to take photos.

It certainly wasn't working with the flash on, so I tried taking the photos while shining an LED on the face:

25007671051_a0d3245190_o.jpg

25100965595_82d96d2466_o.jpg

24982780012_13215f9f0e_o.jpg

The most impressive angles are looking straight on and his left profile. There's really no fair comparison between this sculpt and the HT DX05, because the SS stomps all over it...

"If you want a vision of the present, imagine the Sideshow boot stamping on the HT face forever."

Some nice pics, Kuat, especially the first couple. That left side of his face is definitely best for me and looks pretty good straight on with the lighting you ended up with.

Some nice pics, Kuat, especially the first couple. That left side of his face is definitely best for me and looks pretty good straight on with the lighting you ended up with.

His right side is definitely the weakest. But when I say weak, it still beats the DX05.

I just compared the SS and DX05 fedoras, and they're almost identical in height, brim width, and interior width. The difference is that the SS flares out on the exterior under the hat band.

The actual visual difference between them while on their respective figure heads is almost imperceptible to me. The hat band on each lines up with the outer edge of the ear of each sculpt. They're pretty much interchangeable on the SS (but not on the HT due to the SS magnet attachment).

I can hardly ever convey with my camera what I see in hand, as I have no proper place to take photos.

It certainly wasn't working with the flash on, so I tried taking the photos while shining an LED on the face:

25100965595_82d96d2466_o.jpg

24982780012_13215f9f0e_o.jpg

The most impressive angles are looking straight on and his left profile. There's really no fair comparison between this sculpt and the HT DX05, because the SS stomps all over it...

"If you want a vision of the present, imagine the Sideshow boot stamping on the HT face forever."

Don't know what time it is where you are can you snap an natural daylight shot when you get the chance. Then I could tell how good the paint used on the sculpt is

Did you take any side by sides with the DX?

No, but just because you asked...

24734043829_d08e17cdff_o.jpg

25101718835_1bc17098da_o.jpg

25075387626_5807ae1263_o.jpg

24806107520_04cd9e59df_o.jpg

25101719265_a066d8428f_o.jpg

As I said, it's not a fair fight. It's a bit like Indy vs. the Cairo Swordsman. While the HT is waving its sword around, the SS pulls out a Smith & Wesson and does the only merciful thing.

The first photo I posted...

...picks out the muscle definition in the face that was getting washed out by the flash.

I think this is the most Harrison Ford I've seen in an off-the-shelf Harrison Ford figure. I love the expression as it really shows Indy not just determined but actually getting angry enough to deploy the 'Ford finger'. :lol

Don't know what time it is where you are can you snap an natural daylight shot when you get the chance. Then I could tell how good the paint used on the sculpt is

Still pitch black here at the moment.

Wow those comparisons say it all :horror

I heavenly modded my HT ROTLA Indy years ago, I forgot how the stock sculpt looked like :lecture

Wow those comparisons say it all :horror

I heavenly modded my HT ROTLA Indy years ago, I forgot how the stock sculpt looked like :lecture

Yes, it's not much fun to photograph. :lol

The HT Indy has always been the least favourite HT figure in my collection. He looks fine below the head, or in his entirety from a little distance away.

Yes, it's not much fun to photograph. :lol

The HT Indy has always been the least favourite HT figure in my collection. He looks fine below the head, or in his entirety from a little distance away.

Didn't realize how different the fedora was in both films.. Is that correct?

Didn't realize how different the fedora was in both films.. Is that correct?

I've never paid much notice to the difference.

herbert-johnson-poet-fedora-and-indiana-jones-and-the-temple-of-doom-gallery.png

raiders21.jpg

The HT seems inaccurate with regards to the tight pinch at the front of the ROTLA, while the SS looks more like the TOD.

Back