1/6 Sideshow 1:6 Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Repaint looks nice. Tough to really tell given the lighting though. And that's a really nice price. Is that yours, juanca?

I would consider having my Hoth Han repainted if it could come out like that.

I wish it was mine. The guy is name is Mark Simpson he's on facebook. I asked him about repainting a Doctor Who sculpt I have and that was the price he told me.

Posted on facebook by Lalla the person who painted the prototype.

I've just got a factory mass production Indy from Matt today and here are pictures that I took.

Even though this is "never" perfect (not even closed) but we will work more and harder on the next projects.

Many thanks to, Matt Bischof Jesse Lincoln Kevin Ellis Anthony Mestas Nam-hoon Kim Jihun Park Pia Sylphid and Mijin Namgung.

* I've touched only costume to take pictures.

FB_IMG_1454327244395.jpgFB_IMG_1454327241215.jpgFB_IMG_1454327237673.jpgFB_IMG_1454327233640.jpgFB_IMG_1454327227380.jpg

Actually, the sculpt there looks frighteningly similar to the HTs one. Telling how much he's used shadows from the hat in these pics to hide the head's shortcomings. I remember HTs doing exactly the same when production pics of their Indy came out :(

The outfit and body look pretty good, but I'm still glad I cancelled. That said, I will definitely pick him up down the line once he's significantly discounted.

I actually love those shots and it's made me feel a lot better about the figure. I think it looks much better than the dx.

He's still obviously got issues but he looks much better here IMO than the sideshow shots. Of course the hat shadow is a factor but I'm a little more hopeful now.

Just a real quick chop-shop job of Lalla's proto to see if an optimum repaint might do the trick, bringing out Ford. It's hard to know if the mass sculpt isn't skewed in any way. The final product looks a bit wide in the face, but again...hard to tell.
TOD6.jpg

He's still obviously got issues but he looks much better here IMO than the sideshow shots. Of course the hat shadow is a factor but I'm a little more hopeful now.

Does look better. The SS final production shots really suffer from being low res too, lots of far away shots with no details and pixelated when you try to look a bit closer.

I remember the same thing with Hoth Han. Some of the photos of the head didn't even really resemble the figure for some reason.

Posted on facebook by Lalla the person who painted the prototype.

I've just got a factory mass production Indy from Matt today and here are pictures that I took.

Even though this is "never" perfect (not even closed) but we will work more and harder on the next projects.

Many thanks to, Matt Bischof Jesse Lincoln Kevin Ellis Anthony Mestas Nam-hoon Kim Jihun Park Pia Sylphid and Mijin Namgung.

* I've touched only costume to take pictures.

View attachment 242188View attachment 242189View attachment 242190View attachment 242191View attachment 242192

Looks good in her shots, but it's most likely the shadows obscuring the details. Not much can be done about the big hat aside from replacing it, but I'm curious to see if I can futz that shirt into something more palatable!

a little crude but i think with just a reshaping of the eyebrows he looks pretty good. harrison always has that eyebrows going up in between his eyes thing. seems no one gives him that pretty big characteristic. anyways. i thought it stopped him from looking like mark wahlberg lol

That's one worried looking Indy. Maybe he's fearful that giant hat is going to eat the rest of his head.

Back