1/6 Sideshow 1:6 Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I'll be waiting until every Freak has this in hand, and I've seen a dozen online reviews, and viewed it in person at a LCS before I order this.

Yup, I cancelled both Hoth Luke and Han figures; I only kept the Snake figure because of the price--and I had to mod everything to make it halfway decent.

This will get cut if inhand looks anything like the recent releases.

Me too. I feel that star wars is a line of collection by itself like the avenger and i would feel to buy the other star wars figure.

I really want this to turn out great, but I have lost faith in SSC. I have been buying their stuff for years. Too much money now to accept an ok figure. Raise prices and deliver a better product. Not seeing it so far.

You would think. Look at the complaining over on the SSC Green Lantern 1/6 forum. $220 for that figure with hardly any accessories. Many do not like the outfit. SSC needs to really step up on this one.

ToD indy is one figure that has to be represented perfectly, for me anyway. I think Raiders indy was a good figure, the jacket and general costume was questionable, but the sculpt was quite a good likeness. I paid 100 AU for him. To pay 230US + exchange rate and shipping on the new indy i'll have to be pursuaded that i need him in my collection. So far, it seems hard to justify, but there is a long time between now and december. I will keep my PO, because i'm liking the ex accessories, but hope ssc is seeing all these comments and make us a figure that we can be proud to show-off in our displays. :whip

After watching MJ Choi' s Indy sculpt fail attempt. I am gonna stick with this SS figure. I believe its gonna look great.
But, like most of SS figures, the eyes will need to be repainted.

I think SOMEDAY we will eventually get a perfect Indy figure ... photo-real likeness, exact clothes ...

The only trouble is, it'll be Chris Pratt.

Call me a pessimist.

It's just I've loved this character since he first stepped out of the shadows in that jungle in 1981 but he's never gotten the figure treatment he deserves.

Last edited:
After watching MJ Choi' s Indy sculpt fail attempt. I am gonna stick with this SS figure. I believe its gonna look great.
But, like most of SS figures, the eyes will need to be repainted.

Just found the links to that sculpt. Hmm.

Both Hoth head sculpts - Luke and Han - are excellent, and the Han is one of the best Ford's we've gotten. The paint work is tops as well, certainly worth the $200. We'll have to wait and see if they can keep it rolling with Indy.

Both Hoth head sculpts - Luke and Han - are excellent, and the Han is one of the best Ford's we've gotten. The paint work is tops as well, certainly worth the $200. We'll have to wait and see if they can keep it rolling with Indy.

No offence, and i love most of your reviews, but i've had the han in hands and the paintjob and the eyes were not consistant. Some eyes were bigger, some paintjobs were better. The sculpt is indeed one of the best han sculpts, but i would not call it excellent. Not worth $200 and certainly not the 220 euros they are charging where i live. At hot toys prices, i expect hot toys sculpts. (Not like they are so perfect, but more human like)

Best,

Robert

The Hoth Han may not be a perfect likeness, but it's still a really good sculpt and could probably be turned into a good Indy as well, if someone were to ever give it a try.

In fact I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out better than the new TOD Indy head.

I don't really know what to say to this.
Based on Sideshow's own pics on the product sales page - which you'd assume would be a good representation - the paintwork is obviously not 'tops'

I thought the Han head did not look that good in the photos I have seen. But I passed on that figure, and this one, and several others, based on the price. I was tempted and seriously considered it, and I had the money but I just didn't feel that the price was justified for what you got. Have not regretted that decision yet.

The eyes look really odd on this prototype. Given the track record on SSC eyes, I will await the in-hand images.

Back