1/6 Sideshow 1:6 Indiana Jones - Temple of Doom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not bad, unclechopchop, but I think you need to grind out a little more of the hat. It's still sitting a little too high on the head.

So sad the thread is going cold. I guess it shows how few of us got the figure. :(

I have the HT jacket on the the TOD Indy and it looks great. Happy with my purchase.

I'm sure we'll see another version of Indy when 5 rolls around. And hopefully some PFs!

Not bad, unclechopchop, but I think you need to grind out a little more of the hat. It's still sitting a little too high on the head.

So sad the thread is going cold. I guess it shows how few of us got the figure. :(

I guess. It looks good in person, but maybe I'll venture into doing some more grinding it down. I'm jus scared that it's gonna burn through. Truth is, if I get rid of that little nub off the front of his bangs, it'll go lower easy. I jus can't bring myself to doing so....

Last edited:
Looking forward to more pics. I'm pretty much decided on grabbing this guy after seeing him in person, but just got destroyed with taxes this month so I'm waiting on a good deal in the coming months.

Just got mine today, so I'll have some pics to post tomorrow. First impression...damn! Easily Sideshow's finest work to date! I was also a little confused. In hand, he looks way better than in pics. I was prepared to replace the hat but in hand, it doesn't look too big. The seem in the hair, while definitely noticeable, does not look as glaring in hand either.

Well, the weather didn't want to cooperate with me today. It's overcast/rainy outside, so I couldn't get any good, natural light but here are a few quick shots of mine. Pretty much fresh out of the box, with only some minor futzing:

Nice pics! I'm really happy with mine as well, and I agree, particularly the sculpt/paint is really Sideshow's best human representation so far. I have lots of hope now for Punisher, and Wolverine!

Nice pics, Billy Ray! Glad you like him! Yes, that disparity between the photos and what you see in front of you is remarkable. It's the oldest cliche on this board, but it really does look better in hand than in photos. Your shots managed to make him look pretty good though!

Well, the weather didn't want to cooperate with me today. It's overcast/rainy outside, so I couldn't get any good, natural light but here are a few quick shots of mine. Pretty much fresh out of the box, with only some minor futzing:

I've been watching video reviews as I wanted to buy this a gift for a buddy but a lot of the reviews have been nasty. But these pics look great. Any major/minor issues u have?

I've been watching video reviews as I wanted to buy this a gift for a buddy but a lot of the reviews have been nasty. But these pics look great. Any major/minor issues u have?
I've seen some absolutely ridiculously negative reviews of this. Idiots. It's a hell of a decent figure. Unless your friend is super nitpicky, I'm sure he'll like it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I watched a video review that made me laugh. This guy has the Hot Toys Indy next to the SS Indy and says, if you look at the head on the Hot Toys, it looks like a real person, and if you look at the SS head it looks like a toy painted to try and look like a real person.

I know people will have their own opinions but F-me.

I think people just plain and simply hate to admit that SS did better than Hot Toys. I know there's a few years gap between them, but SS made the best Indy to date.

Just for the hell. I now have three of these, and might get a fourth. You gotta love those reward points.

012_1_zps5sh0apmh.jpg

I've seen some absolutely ridiculously negative reviews of this. Idiots. It's a hell of a decent figure. Unless your friend is super nitpicky, I'm sure he'll like it.

It would be his 1st 1/6 figure. He's a huge Indy fan & just had his first child. I figure this is the best way to say congrats!

Thanks man I appreciate the feed back very much.

Thanks guys!

Chubs, only issue that I had was that one of the little magnets on his whip keeper popped off. A little super glue and it's just like new. I've had this issue on lots of figures though, both SS and HT.

Weather still isn't cooperating here in TX, but here are some shots in better lighting. I did treat his shirt with a little Downey Wrinkle Releaser to get his collar to lay down, other than that no mods...

It would be his 1st 1/6 figure. He's a huge Indy fan & just had his first child. I figure this is the best way to say congrats!

Thanks man I appreciate the feed back very much.
That is one hell of a friend! I'd say go for it! I think he will definitely like it being the first. People tend to get jaded or spoiled with HT or Custom figures and they expect that with every release. Granted SS is charging HT price for this it should reflect in the figure. But at the defense, this is the closest to a HT SS has been.

Yeah, there's one guy on youtube that sounds like he might go postal on SSC. Lots of f-bombs and rage.

Like Luke X-Wing, the price is a major issue with this figure though, and that seemed to be one of his key gripes.

Yeah, there's one guy on youtube that sounds like he might go postal on SSC. Lots of f-bombs and rage.

Like Luke X-Wing, the price is a major issue with this figure though, and that seemed to be one of his key gripes.
Yeah that guy was a joke. I didn't even bother finishing the review.

I can't believe all the haters out there. I think this figure is one of the best from SS and arguably the BEST 1/6 Indy out of the box. My only real nit is the bag strap. It's like something from a Mattel figure with that stitching and oversized, "gold" plastic, buckle. Easily fixed with a $20 bag strap from MFisher of course.

I received this Indy around the same time I received most of my HT Star Wars figures. The Star Wars figures went into a pose and onto the shelf. The Indy figure gets a LOT more attention! It's just more fun to me for some reason. I really am enjoying this figure more than I thought I would. Temple is hardly my favorite Indy movie and I almost didn't buy this. I'm awfully glad I did though! I'm actually putting together a second one with his jacket on.

Back