1/6 Sideshow 1/6 General Grevious

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahhh, gotcha. Sorry, that sounds like a big pain. That's one of the primary reasons I've stuck with Sideshow for preorders as they're usually pretty good about customer service. If their business model trends toward making it difficult to do that, there's not much incentive left to go with them...
The delivery problem is on the local customs, but the whole refund thing is weird and I don't get it at all. We'll see, I suppose. SS offers the installment plans which really help me, taxes are the same everywhere and thus the price is also more or less the same between all shops, plus I figured them being the main distributor would be safer. But it seems bad luck can strike anywhere and at any time.

Even though he is fragile I still love this figure.

Attachments

• 8D80185C-78D6-472B-B15D-B0EED36DA6BA.jpeg
    8D80185C-78D6-472B-B15D-B0EED36DA6BA.jpeg
    194.3 KB · Views: 104
  • 20E231F1-A3D1-4506-96DB-CB71D99CC785.jpeg
    20E231F1-A3D1-4506-96DB-CB71D99CC785.jpeg
    195.4 KB · Views: 107
yes he is fragile. nice pose work there. how were the joints on the regular arms ? i have had the original one tore him apart and gave him a different body from the gentle giant bust.

The joints on the regular arms are worse than the split arms. Honestly it’s not a deal breaker for me as I would only ever display him with the split arms. After the Floor polish dried on the pegs those joints are nice and tight.

Anyone heard from Sideshow about replacement parts? Filled my form last week and still haven’t heard a thing.
Didn't they say 4-6 weeks before they ship the replacement parts out in that notice that was posted a few pages back? If so, you probably won't hear anything until the end of September or early October.

Didn't they say 4-6 weeks before they ship the replacement parts out in that notice that was posted a few pages back? If so, you probably won't hear anything until the end of September or early October.
This is not about replacement joints, this is about general issues with my figure like broken fingers, miss alignments etc. I want a response regarding new arms, aside from joints. If this is not possible, a return is necessary. If I wait till October, my 30 day warranty has then expired and will be at the mercy of Sideshow for a return and full refund.

This is not about replacement joints, this is about general issues with my figure like broken fingers, miss alignments etc. I want a response regarding new arms, aside from joints. If this is not possible, a return is necessary. If I wait till October, my 30 day warranty has then expired and will be at the mercy of Sideshow for a return and full refund.
Gotcha. Apologize for the misunderstanding in my post You said "replacement parts" so figured you were asking about the new arm joints. Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers :peace In normal circumstances, I hear back in about 1-2days when submitting a return/exchange request. Did you get the auto-email saying they received your request after you submitted the form? If not, I'd wager your request didn't go through and you may want to try a different browser. I tried submitting a request through my phone once and it wouldn't go through. If you did get the auto-response, then I would try giving them a call if you can.

I noticed SS changed the shipping date again on these to Dec/Jan. I’m wondering if I’ll even see this thing this year now.

I’m on Flex so the final payment keeps getting pushed back. I wonder if they’re even shipping anymore out to people or holding all orders until the new parts are in.

I noticed SS changed the shipping date again on these to Dec/Jan. I’m wondering if I’ll even see this thing this year now.

I’m on Flex so the final payment keeps getting pushed back. I wonder if they’re even shipping anymore out to people or holding all orders until the new parts are in.
They're probably trying to solve these issues with the newer releases, doing changes in the factory. But I wonder how much they can do to the figure in this situation. It's not only the joints, the molds used are bad, fingers are horrendous and break easily, pelvis area prone to breaking when moving the legs, mold lines on the figure everywhere and the list goes on.

A recall, as some YouTuber's have stated, would probably be the best at this stage.

Gotcha. Apologize for the misunderstanding in my post You said "replacement parts" so figured you were asking about the new arm joints. Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers :peace In normal circumstances, I hear back in about 1-2days when submitting a return/exchange request. Did you get the auto-email saying they received your request after you submitted the form? If not, I'd wager your request didn't go through and you may want to try a different browser. I tried submitting a request through my phone once and it wouldn't go through. If you did get the auto-response, then I would try giving them a call if you can.
Oh no, you said nothing wrong Gipetto! I should have been clear in my first post :)

I did get that auto-message. Read it a bit hastily at first, after reading it one time more it says that the 30-day warrant still applies if I receive a relpy after expiration date. Which is nice!

Now I can get back and sit comfortably in the Grievous-gate boat.

They're probably trying to solve these issues with the newer releases, doing changes in the factory. But I wonder how much they can do to the figure in this situation. It's not only the joints, the molds used are bad, fingers are horrendous and break easily, pelvis area prone to breaking when moving the legs, mold lines on the figure everywhere and the list goes on.

A recall, as some YouTuber's have stated, would probably be the best at this stage.
I know SS won’t be dong a recall but I’m suspecting they might be waiting to ship anymore out until the ”better” parts arrive so that more people don’t want to ship the thing back to them.

I’m just so extremely curious as to what exactly they’re doing as a fix. The only issue they’re addressing as far as I know are the loose joints.

Oh no, you said nothing wrong Gipetto! I should have been clear in my first post :)

I did get that auto-message. Read it a bit hastily at first, after reading it one time more it says that the 30-day warrant still applies if I receive a relpy after expiration date. Which is nice!

Now I can get back and sit comfortably in the Grievous-gate boat.
:1-1:
Given that it's been over a week, it might be good to try to follow up somehow just so you have some sort of response from them, even if it's just for them to say that they're waiting on whole new shipment to send out replacement parts for the bits you need.

I know SS won’t be dong a recall but I’m suspecting they might be waiting to ship anymore out until the ”better” parts arrive so that more people don’t want to ship the thing back to them.

I’m just so extremely curious as to what exactly they’re doing as a fix. The only issue they’re addressing as far as I know are the loose joints.
Yea, it would be good to get some clarity on if anything else is being fixed for the newer batch of figures. Is it really just the joints only, or did they just not want to mention other things that need fixing (like the fingers, seam splits and paint rubs) in that email to try to not look as bad?

6C1961E4-0234-4F37-94DC-EEA4A767276B.jpeg

30DEE8D0-1F42-4A2A-BA60-95D751E20A05.jpeg

The General is hard to pose. Overall very fragile and the stand is not very stable. Can't have the hand grip and use the electrostaff, it's too heavy.

Any suggestions on a pose I could try out? Need new ideas!

3A6C774D-D079-4D9D-A802-7C80A6430A92.jpeg

305E3166-B6CF-4C77-9BD1-981F933FC67A.jpeg

Not sure if it's cape or no cape …

Last edited:
View attachment 538096
View attachment 538097
The General is hard to pose. Overall very fragile and the stand is not very stable. Can't have the hand grip and use the electrostaff, it's too heavy.

Any suggestions on a pose I could try out? Need new ideas!

View attachment 538115
View attachment 538116

Not sure if it's cape or no cape …
My personal opinion is find an “okay” pose that he stays in and wait until the new joints come. I just got my replacement hand since one of them was missing a finger, but I’ve had a hell of a time getting ANY pose to work. Finally managed one with his cape, single arms, and the staff in a tall standing pose which looks okay, but not my absolute favorite. It’ll do until the joints come. And if they don’t work, he’s getting returned most likely

My personal opinion is find an “okay” pose that he stays in and wait until the new joints come. I just got my replacement hand since one of them was missing a finger, but I’ve had a hell of a time getting ANY pose to work. Finally managed one with his cape, single arms, and the staff in a tall standing pose which looks okay, but not my absolute favorite. It’ll do until the joints come. And if they don’t work, he’s getting returned most likely
Thank you! Yeah, done that now, similar to the photos. Want it in a pose with the single arms , but current joints prohibit that.

Back