Sideshow 1:6 Commander Cody

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
new to sideshow but i ordered one of these to compliment the legendary bust.... I wish I found sideshow before Gentle Giant.. man ive got something to learn!

Welcome! Your wallet will never forgive you....

Just had a look at the recently updated product page for Cody with the three different 360s now up and...

The figure is looking good but...it's unfortunate that the left thigh guard is not positioned well...it's halfway down his leg. The right bicep piece is almost backwards. And finally, the 360 featuring the protrait has the neck pulled out at an elongated, odd angle.

All of these things are certainly "futz"-able once the figure is in hand, but again, I don't understand why Sideshow wouldn't want this much-anticipated character presented as perfectly as possible while we wait. Instead, it almost looks like it was plucked from the box, plopped on the stand and some pics were quickly shot to throw up on the site...

Am I being too picky? Maybe...I just like seeing these figures shown in their best light, so to speak...

it would certainly make SSC more money if they didn't goof around. Poor presentation means cancellations.

It's true that some more attention to detail would be useful when photographing the 1:6 figures. I'm sensing a good deal of haste and a lack of appreciation for the collectibles. Of course, I have no idea what sort of time schedule they're on when they're photographing these things. But, when posing my own, I've found that a little bit of love goes a long way.

Indeed...that's all I'm sayin'.

Makes me wish either myself or someone really talented with the camera (like, Rook for instance!:)) could have a crack at it!

Fates knows we'd take the time to make it look great!

the poor positioning of their products is one of the reasons that I feel that Sideshow's worst business enemy is Sideshow....

This I agree. On many occasions I felt images could have been better taken, or at least figures could have been better posed. Sideshow is facing fans. Fans being fans are passionate about their hobby and do have sharp eyes for details. Attending to details is simply part of being professional.

This I agree. On many occasions I felt images could have been better taken, or at least figures could have been better posed. Sideshow is facing fans. Fans being fans are passionate about their hobby and do have sharp eyes for details. Attending to details is simply part of being professional.

Exactly......all its gonna do is help them in the end...take that extra 5 Minutes to do it right

I would guess sometime in March as he and Yoda are bot 1st Quarter and Yoda pre-ordered first. So Yoda should be February and Cody should be March by my reckoning.

Thanks Darth Cruel and Glennfett. I have both figures coming and look forward to adding them to my collection. I'm still not sure which way I'll mostly keep Cody displayed, but all the options look pretty sweet.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too, but I have all my Sideshow Star Wars figures grouped together by whatever movie they were from. I'm in need of AOTC figures, so I might switch him around from time to time.

Yup, Yoda in February and Cody in March. Looking forward to it too cause these figures are gonna be pretty fraking awesome. :rock Feel really good about things after seeing the pics of Rex too with the casting they used on him.

That would be awesome. They've shown they do a good job with this type of casting and hopefully really getting things going with it. The Joe line has been pretty good for a while.

Not to ____ in your cereal but one only has to look as far as Flint to see that the Joe line needs TLC as well. What they've done with Rex is far exceeding what I've seen out of ANY line recently.

The hair on flint needed a bit more detail and the lips maybe a bit lighter but overall its a solid paint job.

Back