Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol:lol

I honestly expected them to learn from there mistakes.

It's not a mistake, it's just the materials used. Getting more weight out of that plastic would mean deliberately adding it somewhere, and that's not as easy (ie cheap) as it sounds. I think the problem is cognitive dissonance, ie it looks like a metal character but this perception isn't reinforced by the weight.

Got mine today and I'll say he's OK. He looks like C3PO and is a great representation of him but there are a few things that I just wasn't happy with.
The color on mine is dull and seems much darker than many of the pics posted. To me it also seems like a very cheap paint job. There are runs and blemishes in the finish. I also wasn't thrilled with the very visible glue seam on the sides of the body.
As other have mentioned, the thumbs are beyond screwed up.
They need to be set another 90 degrees from where they are.
The restraining bolt doesn't stay on unless you find the exact spot and even then it easily falls off it you move him.
I do have to ask, Is anyone else having a hard time getting the severed arm in place? I don't want to break it but I can not get it completely in.
After having him in hand I just feel the $230 price tag was a bit steep.
I will hold onto him since it is the exclusive. I've never felt this way about any other figure I've purchased but if HT should come out with a 3PO I'd definitely consider dumping this version.

Very nice pictures, Evilface. Happy you like him.

Other than the thumbs, I really love this figure.

Cool pics EF.

Thanks. Yea I think I might try and pull the thumbs reposition them.

Couple outside shots.

c3po_16.jpg

c3po_18.jpg

Wow, awesome shots, EV1LFACE! :clap

Can the legs me rotated a bit inward/outward where the groin is? I'm still not totally clear on the what the hip articulation is like.

Even better outside, right.

Don't pull on the thumbs too much, EF! Unless you mean to separate them totally. I was curious about that myself but I worry about blemishing the paint.

Can the legs me rotated a bit inward/outward where the groin is? I'm still not totally clear on the what the hip articulation is like.

Yes, a bit. As you would imagine.

Last edited:
Is the head pushed all the way down? Looks like a gap at the front of the neck

I double-checked and yes, it was pushed all the way down. (I ended up pulling off head in order to get to the batteries and remove the little sliver of paper that keeps the lights from activating.)

The lighting system is fantastic. Touch sensitive (backside of head) to activate.

Great photos, EvilFace! :clap

Well I got mine today ... haven't open it yet.. Heard the pros and cons There are QC issues but if the paint job is good ... That's ok with me . It's definitely C3PO ... Does look great with R2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got mine today.

Both Pistons on the left arm are broken.

Also, one leg appears longer than the other. Like it was not properly set in the groin/hip socket. This makes standing him up a real issue. Anyone else have this problem?

Anyone? My figure's legs are clearly uneven in the hip joint.

I've seen you mention this a couple times. You need to work out a bit more, man! It's really not that tough. :lol

I frighten easily, especially with $300+ figures.:lol

Thanks. Yea I think I might try and pull the thumbs reposition them.

Couple outside shots.

c3po_18.jpg

Very nice. "Lando Calrissian and poor Chewbacca never returned from this awful place."

(never understood that line though - aren't Leia and Chewy still waiting to go into the Palace?)

Even better outside, right.

Don't pull on the thumbs too much, EF! Unless you mean to separate them totally. I was curious about that myself but I worry about blemishing the paint.

Yes, a bit. As you would imagine.

Will anyone be brave enough to snap off the thumbs and reglue them?

Got in C-3PO yesterday and overall I'm extremely pleased with him.

[snip epic review]

Whoa. Now I don't know what to think. I was convinced earlier that the Tama was better via photos, but you've made a pretty compelling argument the other way. SSC does look better to me in your comparisons in terms of feel and accuracy -- speaking without having compared to screen caps.

I guess it really is just a matter of taste in the end. Nice review.

Abrams has said it was to show that time had passed. That there was an unwritten history between ROTJ and TFA.

And I am thankful he did that. If 3PO didn't have that red arm in the scene with him Han and Leia where he explained he had a red arm, I would have been confused as hell thinking I was watching the OT. I mean there was nothing in that scene whatsoever that would have given a clue time had passed.

Back