Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can slip a piece of translucent orange plastic (from a file folder or camera gels? i think) behind the eyes to give it the correct color. It's supposed to be really easy, reversible, and there are good directions somewhere in the Tama thread. I'll meet you over in that thread and we can dig them up.

Thanks!

Time for my pic spamming. But after waiting 10 year, deal with it.

As most have said, he the finish looks way better in hand. Has more sheen to it. Overall I think it looks great. HE poses well. The articulated fingers really add to the look. The weathering looks better in hand, but still could be much better.

My left rear piston is broke, so I had to sent SS and message on that......

But I'm very happy with him. Not sure if he is better than the $400 offering, but I like him. And he looks great with R2.

c3po_01.jpg

c3po_02.jpg

c3po_03.jpg

c3po_04.jpg

c3po_05.jpg

c3po_06.jpg

c3po_07.jpg

c3po_08.jpg

c3po_09.jpg

c3po_12.jpg

c3po_13.jpg

c3po_14.jpg

Is the second restraining bolt included to replace the one that came with Sideshow's R2? Looking at comparison pics, it appears that R2's bolt should be around the same size as 3PO's in ANH, although the paint design appears to vary slightly. I don't see R2 fitted with a bolt in ROTJ, so I'm guessing the updated bolt might be intended as a make-good.

Also, has anyone figured out if you can turn the tumbs into a more anatomically correct position?

Does it? I find that hard to believe. HT Han weighs more than C-3PO when I hold them. Luke is still arriving, so I don't know. Seems to me a droid should weigh more than a human.

:lol Oh come on, now figures have to have the exact 1/6th weight to scale as well?

I held both HT Luke and my Threepio and found them to weight about the same. My hands are not a finely tuned instrument so they may not be exact, but the weight is very close. Feels the same, which is heavy enough for me.

Thanks for the great review/pics galactiboy and all the pics Evilface. :clap It's making the wait for this guy a bit more tolerable, so everyone, keep the pics coming!

I really am pleasantly surprised with what SSC pulled off here. The headsculpt still looks just a tad wonky/off to me in about half the pics, but I do love how the eyes came out, and how they're easy to turn on. While SSC fudged it (decal) and Tama actually built a miniature version of the full size eye, the Tama doesn't look right unless you do the eye mod - which I haven't done yet because it's a major pain in the **s to turn the lights on and off (nightmare of strong magnets and pulling the head apart.:slap)

Not sure which one - the Tama or the SSC - will get the honor of the "sole display next to R2 and the HT figs" and which will be beside Jabba in the semi-darkness of the palace dio. Interested to have a 3PO-off when this guy arrives.:lol

I seem to recall I paid around $330 for the Tama shipped, so it's not a massive price difference especially considering the Tama is metal. "Perception" of weight aside, a mostly metal figure is just worth about $100 more - at least to me. It's fun and unique to handle.

I hope HT will make a 3PO soon as I will get that too (though given his 60 seconds of screen time in TFA I doubt we'll see that any time soon.) Neither the Tama nor the SSC have the "very wonky look" issues of the old Hasbro or Medicom 3PO's - both are very close to great, and I need a true ANH 3PO - to me, Tama looks ESB and SSC looks ROTJ. So three PO's for me! Everyone seems a bit meh on 3PO as a character - not me obviously.:lol

While SSC fudged it (decal) and Tama actually built a miniature version of the full size eye, the Tama doesn't look right unless you do the eye mod - which I haven't done yet because it's a major pain in the **s to turn the lights on and off (nightmare of strong magnets and pulling the head apart.:slap)
I've seen you mention this a couple times. You need to work out a bit more, man! It's really not that tough. :lol
Maybe magnets are stronger down under.

:lol Oh come on, now figures have to have the exact 1/6th weight to scale as well?

I held both HT Luke and my Threepio and found them to weight about the same. My hands are not a finely tuned instrument so they may not be exact, but the weight is very close. Feels the same, which is heavy enough for me.

:lecture:lecture:lecture :lol

No, but I just expected 3PO to be somewhat heavy and weigh more than the HT figures. I wish he was diecast though. Maybe Hot Toys will do that with real wiring. Still very happy with him though.

:lecture:lecture:lecture :lol

No, but I just expected 3PO to be somewhat heavy and weigh more than the HT figures. I wish he was diecast though. Maybe Hot Toys will do that with real wiring. Still very happy with him though.

You have R2 so you had to at least suspect that 3PO would be light.

The Tama feels like it could be one of the murder weapons in the game Clue. Professor Plum was bludgeoned to death with the diecast Tamashii Nations Chogokin C-3PO figure in the mancave by Miss Scarlet for being a huge nerd who collects $400 action figures.

You have R2 so you had to at least suspect that 3PO would be light.

The Tama feels like it could be one of the murder weapons in the game Clue. Professor Plum was bludgeoned to death with the diecast Tamashii Nations Chogokin C-3PO figure in the mancave by Miss Scarlet for being a huge nerd who collects $400 action figures.

:lol:lol

I honestly expected them to learn from there mistakes.

I got mine today.

Both Pistons on the left arm are broken.

Also, one leg appears longer than the other. Like it was not properly set in the groin/hip socket. This makes standing him up a real issue. Anyone else have this problem?

Back