Sideshow 1/6 C-3PO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They did a bit of repair work on him too. Or at least an inspection and spit and polish. Who knows what that involved...

They did a bit of repair work on him too. Who knows what that involved...

I heard they took a photo of the work and sent it to Topps Trading Cards.

Seethree's prim and proper, so it's no wonder he called them "disgusting little creatures." :wink1:

Canceled mines and went with the Tamashi....can't pass on the Diecast over a plastic figure...

Has anyone noticed if the wires area carved into the abdominal portion or are they separate wires like the Tamashi? Looks attached, to me.
2171-c-3po-008.jpg

It should be easy enough to add in a few extra loose wires to give it an extra bit of depth and realism.

And yeah, it's a shame about the head, because otherwise I really like the dirtier, more scuffed up look of this figure.

Amazon has the tamaishii 3po for more than $300.00 is it really that great or that much better than Sideshow?

Can't say for sure but the diecast is nice .... Really nice. And after having the cheaply made corner cutting piece that r2 is I DO NOT have high hopes for 3po... Yeas, the r2 looks nice but it really is cheaply done. Being honest.. I expect the same for 3po where the Tamashi ( which I own ) is a very nicely done figure. I'm more than happy with it and I paid the full original price for it...

Amazon has the tamaishii 3po for more than $300.00 is it really that great or that much better than Sideshow?

It's a great figure. Sideshow's isn't out yet of course so no point in making comparisons between the two. But since I cleaned up my weathered R2 to sit nicely alongside the Tamashii 3PO, I see no need to hold onto my preorder for the SS version.

At least it looks more accurate than the wires on the Tama. ;) Which isn't saying much.
I dont know about that. Image 1st is a reference shot from the Tunisia suit on ANH, 2nd Tama, and 3rd SS. Personally I dont care that much about the wires be screen accurate, but It would be nice if they were real wires. JMO

belly-wires.jpg
s2.jpg
2171-c-3po-008.jpg

I dont know about that. Image 1st is a reference shot from the Tunisia suit on ANH, 2nd Tama, and 3rd SS. Personally I dont care that much about the wires be screen accurate, but It would be nice if they were real wires. JMO.
Agreed. Real wiring looks so much better and more screen accurate to boot.

I paid $400.00 and would do so again. The figure is awesome. SSC's 3PO won't come close. Even the prototype doesn't measure up, let alone beat, Tamashii, so what chance does production have? That's right, none (imagine the ab wiring not painted by hand, for example...). :D

Back