Sideshow 1/4 Scale Robocop Love it or hate?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it's definitely not perfect by any means. but it most definitely has its merits, and looks much better in person than in pics. and just because we own it does not in any way diminish our love for the character (and utter dislike of the sequels, especially part 3)

to each his own!!!

It does not diminish your love for the character, just makes others question your judgement!:monkey5

IMO the Robocop 1 from Hot Toys puts this overpriced Sideshow version to shame, why the hell would I spend $300 on this thing when NECA made a MUCH better one for 1/6 the price?

I'm not saying the PF one by Sideshow is pure lousy but for the price its just not worth my time or money. Hot Toys is better than this thing, even though you really can't compare the two due to scale Hot Toys is STILL sitting in a league of their own.

IMO the Robocop 1 from Hot Toys puts this overpriced Sideshow version to shame, why the hell would I spend $300 on this thing when NECA made a MUCH better one for 1/6 the price?

I'm not saying the PF one by Sideshow is pure lousy but for the price its just not worth my time or money. Hot Toys is better than this thing, even though you really can't compare the two due to scale Hot Toys is STILL sitting in a league of their own.

Agreed Mr. Voorhees.:D

Think you'll find the depth on the Hot Toys isn't just right. The colouring is Awesome is it? What even though all of the figures are based on the robocop 2 and 3 costume? You contradict yourself. And don;t say the version 1 is based off the first movie because it clearly isnt the right colour.

The NECA robo was tacky as hell. And the head was way too small. And that +++++ about making any old crap and putting a name on it. Its pretty clear this is Robocop. Its obvious that some are dissapointed with the piece and to an extent I am too. But it really doesnt deserve the bashing people are giving it. I bashed it before I saw it with my own eyes. So maybe you shouldn't judge it until you see it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Think you'll find the depth on the Hot Toys isn't just right. The colouring is Awesome is it? What even though all of the figures are based on the robocop 2 and 3 costume? You contradict yourself. And don;t say the version 1 is based off the first movie because it clearly isnt the right colour.

The NECA robo was tacky as hell. And the head was way too small. And that +++++ about making any old crap and putting a name on it. Its pretty clear this is Robocop. Its obvious that some are dissapointed with the piece and to an extent I am too. But it really doesnt deserve the bashing people are giving it. I bashed it before I saw it with my own eyes. So maybe you shouldn't judge it until you see it.

The coloring on HT combines all RoboCop paint schemes, and it pulls it off looking better and more metallic chrome than the PF does.

Also NECA is a toy, it's in a different league. Just like the McFarlene which I'd beg to differ is more movie accurate than a $279 Premium Format figure.

NECA and McFarlene are in a different bracket than the HT and SS PF Robo. They can be compared accuracy wise, but in terms of materials, quality, price points, size, etc...you can't do it.

Ok we get your point. You don't like it. Not many people do but thats there loss. Stop whining about it. It like you are obsessed with hating this thing.

I love it !

I am with you bro !!
all the way.
Not till you have the statue in hand you can just judge pics.

congratz bro on having both versions HT and sideshow PF.
I will have both versions soon.

the robo PF has the real color from part 1.
the HT ones have nice detail and paint job but I rather get Pf for its size.

but I will have them all.

Yep!:lol

I am a HUGE RoboCop fan...which is why I'll never own this statue. It's kinda like owning RoboCop 3, if you do, your not a true fan...unless it came in the trilogy then you burned it, smashed it, threw it away, etc...

If you own Robocop 2 your not a fan either. He has liberated himself, refound his identity as Alex Murphy, that's the point of the story. The human soul is stronger than the machine. There is nothing to add. Robocop 2 doesn't respect the core of the story and treats him as if he were a machine and slave for OCP again wich would never have happened!! I found the reprogramming part an insult to the character. The original Robocop would have broken some peoples bones befor he would let that happen again, a much stronger character in determination and will.

Last edited:
I love it !

I am with you bro !!
all the way.
Not till you have the statue in hand you can just judge pics.

congratz bro on having both versions HT and sideshow PF.
I will have both versions soon.

the robo PF has the real color from part 1.
the HT ones have nice detail and paint job but I rather get Pf for its size.

but I will have them all.

Thanks buddy.

And by 'we' I mean us folk that own the statue and like it.

If you don't like it accept and move on. If you do then great we'll talk about how good it is. Those who don't, get a life and find something better to talk about. Like something you do actually like.

If you own Robocop 2 your not a fan either. He has liberated himself, refound his identity as Alex Murphy, that's the point of the story. The human soul is stronger than the machine. There is nothing to add. Robocop 2 doesn't respect the core of the story and treats him as if he were a machine and slave for OCP again wich would never have happened!! I found the reprogramming part an insult to the character. The original Robocop would have broken some peoples bones befor he would let that happen again, a much stronger character in determination and will.

Robocop 2 was quite bad. It basically took what the first one stood for and took a dump on it.

The Neca is almost perfect, if it were produced in high quality it would be the ultimate robocop (the head is not too small). The HT is really a beautifull refined figure and beats the hell out of this SC PF. I wouldn't mind having the PF though, but i don't have the money right now, recently bought HT Ed-209 BD.

Thanks buddy.

And by 'we' I mean us folk that own the statue and like it.

If you don't like it accept and move on. If you do then great we'll talk about how good it is. Those who don't, get a life and find something better to talk about. Like something you do actually like.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl This is coming from the guy whom threatened me with an ass whooping for insulting his 18" toy.

:lol

Ok we get your point. You don't like it. Not many people do but thats there loss. Stop whining about it. It like you are obsessed with hating this thing.

I'm not the reason the mods had to delete a whole page of comments mind you. We get it you love yours and think it's better than the HT...stop whining about how others don't like, since if you love it no one else has to.

RoboCop is amazing. RoboCop 2 is alright, 5 out of 10. RoboCop 3 we won't even talk about that.

The sad thing is the beginning of Robo2 was strong, with Murphy trying to contact his wife or ex-wife...then they dropped that story line completely in favor for another giant robot to fight...that was retarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back