Sideshow 1/4 scale Dracula Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Indeed, $999 for this is laughable.
Whoever is selling that is hoping to catch someone who is misinformed.

Yeah I ended up losing that auction. I had bid $330 so I lost by just twenty or so dollars but it is nice to know he hasn't escalated in price too much. Someone before had put him up with a reserve price that was never met so maybe he will relist and I might have a chance to get him for a similar price.

There will be others. I managed to get one of mine off ebay for $300 just over a year ago. They asked for $400, I made a best offer of $300 and they accepted. Just keep an eye out. There is one on ebay being sold without the box, that one is going for around 400 I think. As long as it is packaged well shouldn't be a problem as this figure is much lighter than other PFs (torso is fabric). Maybe ask to negotiate a price if you see one you want...?

There will be others. I managed to get one of mine off ebay for $300 just over a year ago. They asked for $400, I made a best offer of $300 and they accepted. Just keep an eye out. There is one on ebay being sold without the box, that one is going for around 400 I think. As long as it is packaged well shouldn't be a problem as this figure is much lighter than other PFs (torso is fabric). Maybe ask to negotiate a price if you see one you want...?

Yeah I have no problems with there not being a box, but I would really worry the figure would break in transport and I'd be stuck with it or have to refund or something. Maybe I could negotiate with him.

I really appreciate the help and conversations guys. It's pretty cool to see a thread for something this old being quite active again.

Monger---hold out for one with a box. If you ever get hard up and have to re-sell it, you'll need the box.:peace

Always better for storage too. Especially the foam inserts as they fit the figure perfectly. LOL we're keeping this Dracula PF thread ALIVE! Bela would be so proud... he deserves more attention as does good old Boris. :yess::rotfl

The scale is not too big. When he is placed next to The Monster PF or Wolfman, he stands shorter than Frank. Drac PF on his base is 20 inches in height and still an amazing piece to this day. The best sculpt and paint job of a Lugosi figure EVER lol. Photos of him never look that great, he needs to be seen in person to realize how spectacular he is. :)

I am sure he looks great. Actually, I should have worded that better, I meant to say that I think Premium Format figures look very wonderful, but I find the size of them to be too big for my liking... I mean I'd hate to only get one or two PF figures, but if I had more than two they'd take up too much room. I wish they'd make 1/6 figures with that level of quality instead.

I am sure he looks great. Actually, I should have worded that better, I meant to say that I think Premium Format figures look very wonderful, but I find the size of them to be too big for my liking... I mean I'd hate to only get one or two PF figures, but if I had more than two they'd take up too much room. I wish they'd make 1/6 figures with that level of quality instead.

I agree about size completely. I own eight PFs and will stop at ten due to space. They fit in two Besta cabinets but that's my limit. LOL I can't stand clutter and there are too many other important things that take up room. I have 5 uni monster PFs in one Besta and I consider them art. I'd like many other lines in PFs but due to space, I just won't do it. I will finish my PF collection with Superman and Wonder Woman and then that's it. 1/6 are fantastic because they take up far less space but yes, they're not quite as nice to look at. :wave

I love the posable arms on this piece, you can make him do the 'mesmerizing stare' pose with his arms up, since his hand gesture is perfect for that pose.

I agree about size completely. I own eight PFs and will stop at ten due to space. They fit in two Besta cabinets but that's my limit. LOL I can't stand clutter and there are too many other important things that take up room. I have 5 uni monster PFs in one Besta and I consider them art. I'd like many other lines in PFs but due to space, I just won't do it. I will finish my PF collection with Superman and Wonder Woman and then that's it. 1/6 are fantastic because they take up far less space but yes, they're not quite as nice to look at. :wave

I have nine Classic Monsters (Nosferatu, Phantom of the Opera, London After Midnight, Frankenstein, Dracula, Wolfman, Mummy, Creature, Bride of Frankenstein), three Marvels (Hulk, Spider-man, and Captain America), and three DC's Superman Batman and Wonder Woman (from DC Direct). A total of 15. I used to have 21.

I sold off Iron man, Dr. Doom, Green Lantern, Ben Grimm, Freddy Kruger and Jason--space being the primary issue.

Unless you live in a palacial estate----you can only have so many of these before they over run your home completely.

Owning the nine classic monsters I do are essential. the only one I didnt buy was the "walk like an Egyptian" posed Frankenstein from the Bride.

These are the finest mass produced Universal and Classic Monsters items for their price that have been produced. Especially Wolfman, Mummy and...of course...DRACULA.:peace

I have nine Classic Monsters (Nosferatu, Phantom of the Opera, London After Midnight, Frankenstein, Dracula, Wolfman, Mummy, Creature, Bride of Frankenstein), three Marvels (Hulk, Spider-man, and Captain America), and three DC's Superman Batman and Wonder Woman (from DC Direct). A total of 15. I used to have 21.

I sold off Iron man, Dr. Doom, Green Lantern, Ben Grimm, Freddy Kruger and Jason--space being the primary issue.

Unless you live in a palacial estate----you can only have so many of these before they over run your home completely.

Owning the nine classic monsters I do are essential. the only one I didnt buy was the "walk like an Egyptian" posed Frankenstein from the Bride.

These are the finest mass produced Universal and Classic Monsters items for their price that have been produced. Especially Wolfman, Mummy and...of course...DRACULA.:peace

Yeah I'm in Downtown Toronto where we all live in towers lol so I am unable to own more PFs but wish I could. You sound like you have a "classic" collection which is what I aspire to have. I kept my Uni Monster PF collection to The Bride and Monster and duo base plus Drac, Wolfman, and Creature. I wish I could own the others but no room. The Monster from Bride PF looks amazing IF you have the duo base and Bride PF but he looks terrible as a stand alone piece (as a set, they're my favorite PFs I own). I bought a new Bride Elsa PF because my old one was damaged and I quite disliked Frankenstein's PF without her. "Walk like an Egytian," so true! :rotfl Re: DC, I want the Batman PF but will only do Supes and Wonder Woman again because of a lack of space. :thud:

Last edited:
I received this in the mail today! It's my first 1/4 scale anything :D

I'm having a really hard time posing the arms. They seem so tight I almost find it hard to believe the articulation there is intentional. Is that a normal issue?

EDIT: I finally got the arm up as high as I want. I love this statue he's so nice! I am very impressed how well he has aged. The headsculpt is a perfect likeness and the paint applications are great. The outfit is also fantastically tailored. This is a great first PF :D

Last edited:
I received this in the mail today! It's my first 1/4 scale anything :D

I'm having a really hard time posing the arms. They seem so tight I almost find it hard to believe the articulation there is intentional. Is that a normal issue?

EDIT: I finally got the arm up as high as I want. I love this statue he's so nice! I am very impressed how well he has aged. The headsculpt is a perfect likeness and the paint applications are great. The outfit is also fantastically tailored. This is a great first PF :D

Congratulations! I have four Uni Monster PFs left in my collection and they're staying with me forever. Frank, Drac, Wolfman... even had to buy a new Bride 'cause my first one arrived damaged. They're amazing pieces and hold up with today's PFs. As for the arms on Drac, I don't pose mine. He's an amazing piece and the sculpt speaks for itself without articulating him too much. Good choice! :clap LMAO just realized I repeated myself from the above post lol sorry :)

Yeah I really want to get Frankenstein and Bride of Frankenstein. That will be enough for me. Franken isn't too hard to find, but the Bride seems to go for a lot :(

Yeah I really want to get Frankenstein and Bride of Frankenstein. That will be enough for me. Franken isn't too hard to find, but the Bride seems to go for a lot :(

She is expensive because they only made 750 of her. It took me a year to find The Bride, Frank, and the duo base. Keep checking, the three together look incredible it just might take a while to find all of them. :wave

She is expensive because they only made 750 of her. It took me a year to find The Bride, Frank, and the duo base. Keep checking, the three together look incredible it just might take a while to find all of them. :wave

My main issue is the cash :lol They go for so much with that set. My best bet would probably be randomly finding them in some store, garage sale, or convention :lol Chances are slim, but I'm glad I have Dracula. I've been thinking about him all day. He's just too awesome :)

I snagged Frank on amazon, my Bride's were found on ebay (rarely listed though) and bought the duo base from a SS member. Yeah they cost me a lot but I don't do it often and I'm a huge Uni Monster fan so worth it to me. That Drac PF is awesome. Holding onto mine till the end lol :)

Can someone explain how Frankenstein worked? So was their two versions released? One with poseable arms and then another with a static pose meant to go with the Bride? Are there other differences between the two?

actually 4 versions, color & SSE PF, color & SSE Frankenstein that goes with the bride, the stand alone PF is bigger than the one that goes with the bride.

Back