Show Your Entire Batman Collection!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Always a pleasure seeing your set up, Maglor. :)

Always looks clean, neat, and classy. I love the black felt you use. Detolfs look the best that way.

What do you mean by maglorsregret?

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Clean ?
what about those cables lying around ?

I know they are necessary but try to bundle them, so you see less of them.

I didn't notice them. I was more speaking on the the shelving, posing and figures themselves. So yeah, it looks neat and clean. :dunno Unlike when people feel the need to junk up the shelves with every accessory that's in the box and lay them at the feet of the figure etc. That, or have several figures jammed into a small space. Wires or not, I stand by my comment.

Always a pleasure seeing your set up, Maglor. :)

Always looks clean, neat, and classy. I love the black felt you use. Detolfs look the best that way.

What do you mean by maglorsregret?

Thanks man.

'Maglor's regret' is a reference to an event in the Silmarillion (by J.R.R. Tolkien).

Is this all you have now?

Shame. He had a nice stash.

At the moment I'm mainly paring down my Nolan collection and eliminating my LOTR collection. So far I've had interest on a number of my Nolan figures and a couple pending sales, but I still have the rest of the collection - mostly boxed up. I haven't posted the LOTR stuff in the BST forum yet. Actually, the only figure I've sold recently is the ANH Vader...

Anyway, I hope to limit my collection to one wall, with a museum style display. That means, as few figures per shelf as possible. The end result will be 3 detolfs with one or two figures per shelf, 2 PF shelves with my 2 QS Bats, 4 small wall shelves, and one long shelf over the detolfs.

That's the plan anyway...

Clean ?
what about those cables lying around ?

I know they are necessary but try to bundle them, so you see less of them.

:lol Wondered if they would bother someone.

I've taken great pains to conceal all of the wires inside my cabinets for the LEDs, but haven't found a way to completely eliminate cords all together. What you're seeing is an extension cord, I think. It has a bulky strip on the end that is pretty ugly. Might have to see if I can find one that's a little lower profile.

I didn't notice them. I was more speaking on the the shelving, posing and figures themselves. So yeah, it looks neat and clean. :dunno Unlike when people feel the need to junk up the shelves with every accessory that's in the box and lay them at the feet of the figure etc. That, or have several figures jammed into a small space. Wires or not, I stand by my comment.

That's a big pet peeve of mine. That and stands...

Sixth scale DX12 eat your heart out! Full scale all the way baby :lol

fq0y.jpg

gf01.jpg

f6e7.jpg

And yeah I have a UD Replicas TDK suit too, still need to put all these puppies up for display though. I'm still preordering the Hot Toys armory :rock

I've been active on RPF for a while, people there can really make incredible replicas. The backpack is leather, the flight pack arrived that way from UD Replicas for whatever reason. My TDK suit from them doesn't have that issue though, could just be a bad batch but I don't mind. You can easily find a grapple gun replica from that forum or you can buy the licensed one from Noble.

And yes the EMP gun does light up :cool:
17sv.jpg

uwvo.jpg

I don't think they're all looking down. Besides, you can bet the PERS figures probably have their eyes are pointed up and HT usually paint their eyes slightly upwards in there MMS releases anyway.

Concerning PERS there should always be more white below the iris than above and never have the eyes looking directly straight,imo. Otherwise they look ridiculous.

Couple things:

Nice clean set up mag, I love it.

Awesome looking ras.

Your two face, the pose makes him look so gangsta.

Finally...where is your dx12? QS001???

Please don't tell me you got rid of them.

:lol Thanks.

Still got the DX12 and the QS (and I still have my 1/4 scale EB bat). I'm not ready to post pics of the QS001 because I'm still putting finishing touches on it. Already it is so far superior to the DX12 that I can hardly stand looking at the 1/6 version. Not sure if I'm gonna keep it long term or not, and don't know if anyone would ever want mine after so many mods.

Right now, I really like the 1/6 display with one Bat in the Begins suit. But I plan to have both the Begins and TDK[R] suits represented with 1/4 scale long term.

Wow cool setup Maglor, love the posters in the detolf look.
Any reason why all you figures are looking down?

It's my signature. :cool:

In seriousness, not all are looking down. Catwoman and Scarecrow certainly aren't. The only ones in the Nolan cabinet that actually have eyes cast down are Two Face, Ras, and Bats. Bane and Joker have there heads posed so that the eyes are looking straight forward. Having there heads erect would mean they are staring at the ceiling.

Like Fiend said, PERS usually requires eyes up head down, unless you are going for a very specific wide eyed psychotic look. Or really fake look...

I do really need to repose Bane though. Looks like he's mocking Joker's pose.

:lol Thanks.

Still got the DX12 and the QS (and I still have my 1/4 scale EB bat). I'm not ready to post pics of the QS001 because I'm still putting finishing touches on it. Already it is so far superior to the DX12 that I can hardly stand looking at the 1/6 version. Not sure if I'm gonna keep it long term or not, and don't know if anyone would ever want mine after so many mods.

Right now, I really like the 1/6 display with one Bat in the Begins suit. But I plan to have both the Begins and TDK[R] suits represented with 1/4 scale long term.

Aww dude, that's a shame to hear that from you. I have both, and while the QS001 is more striking, I think that's due more to its size. Yeah HT made improvements to it I agree, but I wouldn't throw the dx12 under the bus. It's still a great looking figure, ESPECIALLY with all the mods you made to it. Not only did you make it more accurate, you also made it your own....if that makes sense. If I were you, I'd proudly display dx12. Not for a sense of completion, but for accomplishment.

Don't forget about the armory with the updated dx12. We all know those shrunken QS faceplates will get recasted for those that only want the faceplates.

Back