Action Figure Show your custom Wolverine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! That looks stellar, Jimmie! I concur with Mudblood's suggestion, though! Throw in some, er,mud and blood (LOL)! Seriously, it will bring your custom Logan to life!

You should throw some mud and blood on the uniform! It'd make it look even better than it already does.

Mudblood is suggesting mud and blood. Interesting.... :lol

Wow! That looks stellar, Jimmie! I concur with Mudblood's suggestion, though! Throw in some, er,mud and blood (LOL)! Seriously, it will bring your custom Logan to life!

Thanks for the compliments. I was just admiring your work on the ASM figure that you did. Great stuff right there.

If I wasn't such a chicken, I would attempt to weather it because both of you are correct that it would look 10x better. Thanks again for taking the time to comment on my bash. :duff

I was wondering how to phrase that without saying my username. :lol I've been thinking about putting blood on my funeral (MMS220) Wolverine's claws. I have the knockoff, comic looking claws from eBay on him currently and bone claws on my civvie Logan.
If I wasn't such a chicken, I would attempt to weather it because both of you are correct that it would look 10x better. Thanks again for taking the time to comment on my bash. :duff

You could honestly just mix up some mud and brush it onto your figure. I don't think you could do anything to make it look bad. As for the blood, maybe try Halloween blood and dab it around. I think the only way you could mess it up is if you threw the whole thing in a wood chipper.

Mudblood is suggesting mud and blood. Interesting.... :lol

Thanks for the compliments. I was just admiring your work on the ASM figure that you did. Great stuff right there.

As Mudblood said, there's nothing that would make it look bad. Just try not to overthink weathering -- just doing it more haphazardly at random areas makes it most natural-looking, brother! :D

And thanks again for the compliments re: my BD Spidey!

I was wondering how to phrase that without saying my username. :lol I've been thinking about putting blood on my funeral (MMS220) Wolverine's claws. I have the knockoff, comic looking claws from eBay on him currently and bone claws on my civvie Logan.

I really LOLd when I typed in that I agree with your suggestion, man!

Looking forward to seeing those bloody claws, bud! I did that on my custom Logan by mixing red and black acrylic with clear epoxy -- gives a nice consistency and when dried up it looks like real blood stains on metal!

What does the clear epoxy do? You should repost your figure, I might've missed it in the thread... Was it another War-verine?

What does the clear epoxy do? You should repost your figure, I might've missed it in the thread... Was it another War-verine?

Yup, it's my War-verine custom I did like 2 months ago :)

Clear epoxy gives a nice consistency to your 'blood" paint mixture, and it makes the paint adhere to the metal better. For blood spatter on bodies and clothes I use acrylic and water blood mix, but for metals I use clear epoxy to mix them :) Here's a photo, and a close up detail of the claws. My WW2 Logan now has bloodied bone claws, and this metal claws are now on my modern tactical Logan :)

P3160675b_zps6bb9d7e2.jpg

clawdetail_zps37d804e5.jpg

Yup, it's my War-verine custom I did like 2 months ago :)

Clear epoxy gives a nice consistency to your 'blood" paint mixture, and it makes the paint adhere to the metal better. For blood spatter on bodies and clothes I use acrylic and water blood mix, but for metals I use clear epoxy to mix them :) Here's a photo, and a close up detail of the claws. My WW2 Logan now has bloodied bone claws, and this metal claws are now on my modern tactical Logan :)

P3160675b_zps6bb9d7e2.jpg

clawdetail_zps37d804e5.jpg

This is my favorite custom of Wolverine in this thread. I really loved it ever since I saw it together with the Wolverine WW2 artwork you posted before a couple of months ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great stuff Heubert. You have quite the weathering skills. That wolverine looks great.

Was this the inspiration for your bash? It was for mine. I have my thompson ready to go.

2462296-4044487400-WW2Wo.jpg

Oh yeah, that was one of my favorites in this thread! I think I'll try to pick up that epoxy soon. That looks too badass not to try.

I like him as is. I do understand the weathering idea and most the time it looks pretty good. But to me it's just not as realistic. Unless u are actually in the fight your going to get cleaned up. So it's such a small window of time to be waking around "duty and bloody". Especially since logan heals instantly the only blood would be either dry or someone else's. And especially in a military uniform. You are not walking around like that. Trust me. Lol I am a disabled vet . Served active duty USMC. Even when we where in the Middle East dodging rockets and missles and bulletts and sleeping in holes we dug in the dirt they still expect you to be presentable . Bleed all over your Camies, then u change. Rip your plate carrier or pack or your blouse..sew it. Lol drop breakfast on your undershirt wash it with the water from your camelbak. So your not walking around dripping anything . I guess it's just a personal prefence. Even as a kid I wasn't a fan of "battle damage" or weathered or bloody toys. I know I wouldn't wanna walk around looking like that so why would a hero?

I like him as is. I do understand the weathering idea and most the time it looks pretty good. But to me it's just not as realistic. Unless u are actually in the fight your going to get cleaned up. So it's such a small window of time to be waking around "duty and bloody". Especially since logan heals instantly the only blood would be either dry or someone else's. And especially in a military uniform. You are not walking around like that. Trust me. Lol I am a disabled vet . Served active duty USMC. Even when we where in the Middle East dodging rockets and missles and bulletts and sleeping in holes we dug in the dirt they still expect you to be presentable . Bleed all over your Camies, then u change. Rip your plate carrier or pack or your blouse..sew it. Lol drop breakfast on your undershirt wash it with the water from your camelbak. So your not walking around dripping anything . I guess it's just a personal prefence. Even as a kid I wasn't a fan of "battle damage" or weathered or bloody toys. I know I wouldn't wanna walk around looking like that so why would a hero?

It's a matter of tastes indeed, sir. It just happened that not many of us here have several units of the same figure to represent his looks from clean to banged up to cleaned up again, unlike some of the hardcore Terminator 2 fans who have displays from Naked to deboned Arnie.

Also, some of us think that looking presentable would be the last thing we'd have in mind while we're trying to save lives, and most heroes even the most obsessive-compulsive among them have no instant replacement once scratched in battle. Even if they do, it's not as if they could ask for a time out so they could change/clean up.

Now that would be a funny Deadpool scene, though :)

There are many collectors who feel as you do. However, I think they were going for impact. Wolvie looks like he just came from doing laundry. If not all-out battle damage at least some weathering.

A little dry brushing is all you need. I didn't say he needed to be covered in blood and guts. Thank you for your service, but this is Wolverine we are talking about and a little weathering goes a long way :wink1:

When I see the blood I always think it's someone else's blood and not Wolverine's.

Same here. Now, my WW2 Wolverine actually has a couple of long cuts on his left arm to complement the rips on the costume (as was drawn by the great Travis Charest), but no one who's seen it actually asked me why it's there since Logan heals quickly. Pictures capture things that happen in a split-second. Even the fastest cars can be taken clear pictures of while in motion. Logan's been drawn in thousands of comicbook panels badly injured. Perhaps we just want to have a figure that represents Logan's mortality.

I'd like to see someone try to make a battle damage Wolverine using Terminator parts. And blood is all personal preference. I don't think I'd ever put blood/dirt on the funeral suit version (unless it's the claws) but I do want to dirty up my custom one. I think a bit of subtle (here it is again) mud and blood would make it pop.
The atrocious headsculpt should be replaced with Rahmier's X1 sculpt once he gets them all ready.

Back