Show Us Your Troops (Sideshow/Marmit/Medicom/etc.)!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
uploadfromtaptalk1460999578390.jpg

Sent by Tapatalk

Has anyone definitively identified all the parts of the OT Hot Toys trooper bodies?

I've don't have one undressed right now, just photos of one I sold a while back.

This is what I'm seeing right now:

TTM-22 slim legs (much smaller than TTM-18 or TTM-21 and needed for the padding to work)

TTM-18-style pelvis (may be a variation - but it's not TTM-21 and not TTM-22)

TTM-21/TTM-16 chest (pectorals much more defined than on TTM-18)

TTM-18 arms (much larger than TTM-22 slim and much smaller than TTM-21/TTM-16 - needed for padding to work)

Unknown mid-section/abdomen (same style as TTM-22 slim, but looks larger - not the 6-pack of TTM-21)

Extra-long foot pegs

I've decided to re-purpose a bunch of my SSC trooper parts for a couple of custom scavengers I'm designing/building and swapped them for some unsold HT parts I have here. Trying to make this work "really well" with any ready-made body I have here is almost impossible as you really need to frankenstein the body for a very good fit.

Forgive the outside shot - needed better light to show off the sideshow parts - I am using simple parts - belt, left shoulder pad....View attachment 259158`

I hate the sideshow body used on Fett V1 and V2 - same body far as I can tell. I am using the base Marmit body.......and removed a bit of padding inside helmet....WIP of course

I like it. That Marmit chest armor sculpt really is pretty decent - far closer than the SSC or Medi efforts, despite them being better "quality" as separate armor pieces on fabric. Helmet looks good there. I'll post a HT vs Marmit helmet pic.

Forgive the outside shot - needed better light to show off the sideshow parts - I am using simple parts - belt, left shoulder pad....View attachment 259158`

I hate the sideshow body used on Fett V1 and V2 - same body far as I can tell. I am using the base Marmit body.......and removed a bit of padding inside helmet....WIP of course

I passed up a Marmit Fett for a really good price recently. I'm severely regretting it, the more I look into Marmit's Star Wars figures the more I'm amazed at how ahead of their time they were.

I passed up a Marmit Fett for a really good price recently. I'm severely regretting it, the more I look into Marmit's Star Wars figures the more I'm amazed at how ahead of their time they were.

I've managed to pick up all of the Marmits over the past year, although I'm missing belt buckles off both TIE pilots I bought unboxed.

The details on them are great considering how old they are, and the TK helmets are far better proportioned than the SSC ones which look a little squashed vertically.

Dan

I have not tried. The color will not match, so a repaint would be necessary, I think.

Little more work on my Marmit using sideshow and one HT part(s). Played with the shape of the helmet as it should look wider than it was in the package. Pretty happy with it. May replace the backpack and get new wookie scalps.

DSCN0731.JPG
And as always, sorry for the hideous background. This camera is great with outdoor lighting, but not so good with indoor. I love the marmit body suit with the exception of those lower pouches........may dye my extra HT suit and replace the marmit one.

Last edited:
Even with all its many flaws (and yes, the sculpt is soft by today's standards,) the Marmit just captures ESB Fett so much better than the SSC figure does.

I'm still trying to understand why there's any Fett talk at all in this thread... He's as much a "troop" as Yoda. Anyone else?

I'm still trying to understand why there's any Fett talk at all in this thread... He's as much a "troop" as Yoda. Anyone else?

From the dented helmet - "Boba Fett, originally conceived as a shocktrooper or supercommando....":dunno:lol

They've even done multiple figures of his "supercommando trooper" look.

Yoda is Fett. Like Banner when he transforms into Hulk, of maybe viceversa... :p
Anyway Fett is overrated. Let's see some real troopers ;)

Is it difficult to obtain one? I can't find one :(

It's funny - ebay is usually crawling with them, but the minute you ask, there's only a few.:rotfl

I saw one go for under $100 recently. Just do a saved search on ebay and you'll have one in a month, or a couple of months if you want a deal.

I saw one guy had a TIE and Boba for sale for $200 shipped.

I'd buy it just to do business with someone called domo-arigato-mr-roberto.:lol

Do it. Not a bad deal - the TIE is pretty nice except chestbox is too small. Can't beat $15 shipping.

Just added the SS Stormtrooper Commander to the collection. Spacetrooper is on the way:

664e6aacef8f39c40b9c6d296036569f.jpg

I'm working on a bashed Scout Trooper using some of the Hasbro armor and a Bandai helmet. I'm going to upgrade the arm armor to SS because you can find those fairly cheap. I'm debating whether to buy one of the rereleased Scout's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back