Show Us Your Troops (Sideshow/Marmit/Medicom/etc.)!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use to hate the phase 1 stuff. Now I think they're pretty cool and I've only recently changed them over.

I think what I used to like about the Phase 2 was the way it referenced stormtroopers, but I came to regard it as a weaker design and unsubtle for shoehorning in the stormtrooper elements.

The Phase 1 I can appreciate for a retro sci-fi look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate posing sideshow stormies but I love their floppiness in hand. It feels like I'm a giant picking up a real human. :)

Open offer: I'll take your unwanted sideshow troopers at $50 each. Imagine the possibilities. A sweet Grant (that's half a Benjamin) in your pocket.

The HT chest armor is actually so tight to the point that there is no chest articulation. Definitely a trade off. One of the best things about them is their center of gravity. They can hold so many poses without a stand.

Have the asking prices for SS stormtroopers come down in price now?

Jason Bateman NO NO NO.gif

$140 + $2.32 shipping is the lowest I can find on eBay. These singular anomalies came up from time to time in the past as well, most people are asking more and most open auctions run up higher. Best of all, some jokers want over $100 for a Hasbro trooper.

Glad to see that the SS prices have come down. Just hope the same happens to the Emp Palpatine if HT releases one. IMO the HT ones are great. I'm debating whether to buy two more (4 in total).

Glad to see that the SS prices have come down.

Are you checking some other eBay that I don't know about? b/c the prices seem the same as they've been for the past 3 years to me. I paid under $150 for a SS Stormtrooper two years ago, while others at the time were going for $200+

Are you checking some other eBay that I don't know about? b/c the prices seem the same as they've been for the past 3 years to me. I paid under $150 for a SS Stormtrooper two years ago, while others at the time were going for $200+

I haven't checked for a while but at one point they were going for $300 +

Glad to see that the SS prices have come down. Just hope the same happens to the Emp Palpatine if HT releases one. IMO the HT ones are great. I'm debating whether to buy two more (4 in total).

Not sure. The SSC Emperor is a very fine figure

Not sure. The SSC Emperor is a very fine figure

eczamurai's rework of the regular sculpt really nails the likeness, which is decent but a little underwhelming on the stock figure - maybe it's the paint. The EX head is very cool but doesn't work for sitting on throne display (unless you don't mind a "I need more fiber in my diet" look as he sits there.)

Not at the top of anyone's list, but Emperor wouldn't be a bad idea for a HT redo.

eczamurai's rework of the regular sculpt really nails the likeness, which is decent but a little underwhelming on the stock figure - maybe it's the paint. The EX head is very cool but doesn't work for sitting on throne display (unless you don't mind a "I need more fiber in my diet" look as he sits there.)

Not at the top of anyone's list, but Emperor wouldn't be a bad idea for a HT redo.
Totally agree.

The Ex Emperor head, as I have it displayed, makes this figure great. The regular head looks like an old lady.

Back