Show Us Your Troops (Sideshow/Marmit/Medicom/etc.)!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great custom Stormie Tali - nice work!! :hi5:

Talibane, that's actually a pretty good trooper. I imagine it was a ton of work indeed, but you should be proud of him! Nice work to make Hasbro stormie armor look that good.

Yeh Talibane, that looks sweet. And that stand is keeping him nice and *ahem* upright.

Looks great. :clap

I am lazy so glad I waited for HT.

That's some great work, and a lot of it. So why would you ditch it when HT releases there's? Just keep it in the background. As long as its not right next to the HT it'll still fit in nicely.

Thanks guys. I'll post my other custom trooper here soon.

And Natedog, yeah - maybe with all the time put in on this guy, he can still stand rear-guard after the HT boys show up. Forever jealous of his "perfect" cousins up front.:lol

I don't think we are going to see a HT Stormtrooper, I think HT is going to stay on the "humans" for the most part....

I would be surprised if we don't see a deluxe StormTrooper from Sideshow up for Pre order before the end of the year or early next year.....

I don't think we are going to see a HT Stormtrooper, I think HT is going to stay on the "humans" for the most part....

I would be surprised if we don't see a deluxe StormTrooper from Sideshow up for Pre order before the end of the year or early next year.....

Your pulling our leg aren't you?

Your pulling our leg aren't you?

That would be a ton of new toolling (armor) for one or two releases (sandtroopers). They have all kinds of human bodies, they put robes and clothes on them and scuplt new heads for Leias / Luke / Obi Wan / Anakin / Ewan Obi Wan / Mace Windu etc, where the big $$$. Lots of releases - very little work on each.

C-3PO and R2 have now been done, Chewie and Han are coming...Anakin / Obi Wan (Guiness), Leia, probably another Luke (maybe Jedi)are going to be some of the first ones they hit...

I don't think Hot Toys is going to get into the aliens / creatures clones for quite a bit...none of them are the big $$$ - that will be most of the humans, and of course Boba Fett, I am sure there is a Jedi one of him already on the HT drawing board...

Ewan Obi Wan / Mace Windu etc, where the big $$$. Lots of releases - very little work on each.

Those are the characters I think they'll skip as I'm not sure there's a big market for Mace Windu nor for yet another prequel Obi-Wan. But as far as troopers go…

10606297_833934206652275_4869863876590776933_n.jpg

And by the "exclusive as part of the set" verbiage, you can safely assume they'll have at least one single pack available that doesn't contain the extras found in this 2-pack.

I think the safest way to predict what might be in Hot Toys' pipeline is anything that Sideshow is not currently showing, about to release or just recently released. So think Sandtroopers down the line, Farmboy and Jedi Luke, ANH Vader, etc.

This Stormtrooper release is likely what the Sideshow employee had in mind back at SDCC when they let slip we'd be seeing some maybe later this year. They didn't let on specifically that they'd be the ones producing.

Last edited:
Is that real? Or is it Han and Luke? They are two different heights...

Ok, them aside I still think we are going to see mostly humans (Boba Fett as exception) from Hot Toys...

Is that real? Or is it Han and Luke? They are two different heights...

Every Stormtrooper in the original movies was a different height, so two different heights in this two-pack is a decent offering. I'm hoping when they release a stand-alone, he'll be a third height, between these two.

These figures are most definitely not Han and Luke at this point. They're clearly being promoted as troops - that image is from Hot Toys official unveiling at Secret Base and matches the design style of their recent Han and Chewie 2-pack. Will they eventually release Han and Luke in trooper disguise? Almost certainly.

I don't think there will be any clear-cut divide of physical attributes to determine what Hot Toys produces, but rather they'll likely focus only on primary characters/icons - which is how they've handled most of their other lines. RotJ Fett is a decent guess, but I would't expect him before some of the others. Sideshow is about to ship a new production run of the ESB version that's they'll probably want to clear off their plate first.

Back