Shippers and Boxes - Keep 'Em or Trash 'Em

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichAlot

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I've been collecting 1/6-scale for a few years and Sideshow Star Wars has been my primary collecting focus. Until now, I've saved all my shippers and product boxes, but this week I decided to get rid of the shippers. It opened up a significant amount of free space in my house, which got me thinking do I really need the product boxes as well? So my question is do you keep the shippers and product boxes or trash them? I'm personally leaning toward dumping the product boxes now as well.

Depends on if you plan to sell you items down the road. It made things infinately easier when I sold a few Premium Formats this year. If you're planning on keeping the stuff, then toss it.

I throw away any boxes for figs ive customized or know i will never ever sell. Other times i might bin them is if their damaged badly or the figure isnt worth much.

Keep the boxes if you ever plan (or not) to sell or move. Some people may even want to buy the boxes from you, so consider that before dumping them.

While I never buy with the intention to flip, I do buy with the understanding that I may resell one day. As someone who has sold over 100 statues and busts over the past ten years, I've certainly learned to keep everything. While it may not make a big deal to some, it definitely is a big deal to others. I particularly like the SS shipping boxes because it realls makes things easier should I decide to sell at some later date.

I keep everything. I just break down the shippers so they lay flat and I can stack a bunch in one large box. And as others have said, don't toss anything until you offer it up here on the boards, you never know who might want it.

I keep everything. I just break down the shippers so they lay flat and I can stack a bunch in one large box. And as others have said, don't toss anything until you offer it up here on the boards, you never know who might want it.

I was thinking about breaking the shippers down, but what do you do with the styrofoam? Isn't it essentially the same storage volume required?

My (self diagnosed) O.C.D. won't allow me to throw any boxes away:cuckoo:. I'll never forget the day my mom made me throw away dozens of boxes I kept for my G1 Transformers when I was a kid because they were "in the way":monkey4 If I still had them today my Transformers would be worth more than twice what I can sell them for without the box. :thud:

So on that note. KEEP THE BOXES!

I was thinking about breaking the shippers down, but what do you do with the styrofoam? Isn't it essentially the same storage volume required?

For smaller items like 1/6 figs and smaller, I usually toss the shippers. For larger statues and such, I keep them in their shippers. Should I ever move, the small items can all go into one large box.

Aside from small item shippers, I keep everything for the peace of mind.

Ilike to keep them. Just cut the tape and fold them if you need the space..

I keep the boxes and trash the shippers. I plan on keeping what I buy. And since I only collect 1:6, like Amanaman says, those boxes can always fit into larger packing boxes in case I ever move.

My (self diagnosed) O.C.D. won't allow me to throw any boxes away:cuckoo:. I'll never forget the day my mom made me throw away dozens of boxes

So on that note. KEEP THE BOXES!

As a kid, I remember coming home one day to find out that my mother threw away all of my comics and hockey cards. I was devastated! While I managed to find a way to eventually buy again most of what that she-devil threw out, I certainly learned how to hide things better and capitalize on space so it doesn't bother the powers that be. Sometimes I wonder if that flagrant violation of personal boundaries has turned me into the collector that I am... lol.

Well, as the saying goes, if it isn't one thing, it's your mother... lol.

I have a 70 foot single wide trailer on our property that I keep all of my shipper boxes in along with a bunch of other stuff. I keep everything.

I have a 70 foot single wide trailer on our property that I keep all of my shipper boxes in along with a bunch of other stuff. I keep everything.

I have a 7-foot walk in closet in my house that is full. I'd rather be in your shoes :)

Thanks for all the feedback guys. So what I decided to do was recycle the shippers, and keep the the product boxes and cardboard inserts, but not the plastic trays.

I flattened the product boxes and my space problem is solved. I did this for the Sideshow figures only (environments and Hot Toys boxes stay as is) and everything fits nicely into one large plastic crate. Now I can buy more stuff! LOL

Boxes are all garbage, throw them all away, that what I do and have always done, well except the DX joker box, but that is quite a fancy box. :)

Btw if you mean you are going to throw away the clear plastic trays that hold the figures and accessories in the box, then selling the figures later with the box, but with out those trays will be the same as selling the figure loose, since its not a complete box really. The shipper box is fairly unimportant though.

It seems to me that really its either keep the figure boxes and trays complete or ditch them all.

I keep them all, but I'm lucky to have an empty attic - not so empty anymore LOL. The boxes were really useful now when I'm moving to the new house

Back