Share your forgotten favorites

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cilantropants

Super Freak
Reaction score
They're the movies that time, and bad CGI in the ADD cell phone apocalypse we now live in, have dismissed. :)
For me, these are some of the things I would rent when my parents took me to the video store before they went out on Saturday nights.

Cloak & Dagger
Midnight Madness
Hamburger: The Motion Picture
Hot Dog...The Movie
Fraternity Vacation (early "Andy Dufresne" epic, with a certain Texas Ranger's woman for some of you)
Just One Of The Guys
Doctor Detroit
Up The Creek

Little Shop of Horror
The Flintstones
American Ninja
Bloodsport
Best of the Best
Some Kind of Wonderful
Real Genius
Soul Man
Ghoulies
Swamp Thing
Death Wish 3
Cobra
Over the Top

I'm not sure I still like some of those films, but I did at some point.

Better Off Dead
D.A.R.Y.L.
Band Of The Hand
Class
The Adventures of Baron Munchausen
Robojox
Rapid Fire
Hard Target
Smokey And The Bandit
Gumball Rally
Cannonball Run
The Toxic Avenger
What's Up Doc?
The Evil That Men Do

xlLhesv.jpg

Better Off Dead

Band Of The Hand

The Adventures of Baron Munchausen

Smokey And The Bandit

Cannonball Run

Nice.
I'm showing BOD to my wife this weekend. Somehow she missed it.
I just played my Band of the Hand LP today. :D
Munchausen is...stunning.
Smokey and the Bandit is so much fun. Sammy Hagar sums it all up nicely.
I have Cannonball Run permanently DLd to my phone and i Pad.

Nice.
I'm showing BOD to my wife this weekend. Somehow she missed it.
I just played my Band of the Hand LP today. :D
Munchausen is...stunning.
Smokey and the Bandit is so much fun. Sammy Hagar sums it all up nicely.
I have Cannonball Run permanently DLd to my phone and i Pad.
Awesome. Your wife should enjoy it. Both Smokey and Cannonball Run have so many memorable quotes.:)

They're the movies that time, and bad CGI in the ADD cell phone apocalypse we now live in, have dismissed. :)
For me, these are some of the things I would rent when my parents took me to the video store before they went out on Saturday nights.

Cloak & Dagger
Midnight Madness
Hamburger: The Motion Picture
Hot Dog...The Movie
Fraternity Vacation (early "Andy Dufresne" epic, with a certain Texas Ranger's woman for some of you)
Just One Of The Guys
Doctor Detroit
Up The Creek

Your parents didn't know anything about this movie, did they? :lol So want this on DVD, the tape is kinda...worn out. :monkey3

Hamburger_The_Motion_Picture_poster.jpg

Oh, Mrs. Vunk!

hamburger.jpg

^
No. They drove us to the video store and let us get a couple of movies while they waited in the car. :D
I had to borrow that one from the internet. I had it (badly) recorded on a VHS tape for a long time, but my last VCR died about 7 years ago.

^
No. They drove us to the video store and let us get a couple of movies while they waited in the car. :D
I had to borrow that one from the internet. I had it (badly) recorded on a VHS tape for a long time, but my last VCR died about 7 years ago.

Nice. :lol

"Mom, Dad, it's a documentary about McDonald's, I swear!"

The Wanderers, Last American Virgin, Wolfen, Shogun Assassin, Split Second, and yeah those First few Police Academy films were tops

The Wanderers, Last American Virgin, Wolfen, Shogun Assassin, Split Second, and yeah those First few Police Academy films were tops
:goodpost:Totally forgot about The Wanderers. Good movie. Was overshadowed by The Warriors but still a great gang movie. Shogun Assassin is awesome. Have to watch the other ones again as its been too long since I remember them.

Race with the Devil, Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia, Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid, McCabe and Mrs Miller, The Shootist, Deathwish, Death Hunt(my favorite Charles Bronson film), Thunderbolt and Lightfoot. Duchess and the Dirtwater Fox. A Bridge too Far, Force Ten from Navaronne

Prophecy(Talia Shire), Heaven's Gate, Convoy, Cross of Iron, The Boys from Brazil, Marathon Man, Three Days of the Condor, Little Big Man, Jeremiah Johnson

Back