Severance Apple TV

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sidewinder

Super Freak
Reaction score
I've really enjoyed the content Apple TV have been producing. Severance is another great series with a really intriguing premise of workers having their working life and home life severed, essentially living two separate lives and not knowing anything about the other life.

Season 1 finale airs next Friday.

I've really enjoyed the content Apple TV have been producing. Severance is another great series with a really intriguing premise of workers having their working life and home life severed, essentially living two separate lives and not knowing anything about the other life.

Season 1 finale airs next Friday.

I started watching this today, since the finale is tomorrow.

It's well acted and quirky, and another of those series that plays with an indeterminate time setting. Inside the workplace it feels very 1970s, or a high tech world as envisaged in the 1970s. Yet there are also cell phones.

The series is reminiscent of something J.G. Ballard or Philip K. Dick might've written, but they'd likely have written it as a short story. The series is therefore quite slow in its revelation, filling up the nine episodes. Yet, so far (halfway through the fourth episode) the journey is worth it.

However, it isn't something I imagine I'd want to watch again in the future.

The finale was so satisfying. Absolutely loved season 1. The series was just picked up for a second season, so I am looking forward to the story continuing.

This was hands down the best thing I've seen on television in years. It was so good. It's gonna be a miserable year or year and a half waiting for more.

A co-worker recommended this show back in May, and I finally got around to watching it. It felt like a slog through the first 5 or 6 episodes, it almost felt like it was being weird, just for the sake of it. I wasn't really into it. But I kinda forced myself to take it one episode at a time, But man, when it picked up, it really picked up, I just finished binging the last 3 episodes in one sitting. What a rush!

I got a subscription to Apple TV through my cell phone provider, and essentially watched the whole season over the weekend. I concur with others here. Such a tremendous, interesting show. Well acted and produced throughout, it is pure quality. Ben Stiller is a really solid director, apparently. Very much looking forward to season 2.

I was completely unprepared for the waffle party. . .

Last edited:
Back