Seriously considering cancelling my Jabba etc

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Take it for someone who cancelled the whole Jabba "bundle" a month ago and now regrets it and is currentlyon the Wait List for the whole bloody thing again... Darth Loki and the others are right. It doesn't cost you anything to keep the pre-order until that very last minute. I wish I did. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

Uhhh, isnt Canada in "America"???? Just like Mexico, Panama, Guatamala, etc., etc.? The United States IS NOT all of America!!!
Off my soap box.

Now, to my brothers & sisters in the old Canuck! Im in Detroit and have a buddy who collects in Windsor. What you might wanna try is finding a store retailer in the states that you can come visit from time to time. Most of the stores in this area do order from SS and even if you cant get the exclusives, you can get the figures from the store, and come visit Detroit or your nearest US city, and pick up your loot without paying all the brocker fees and junk. Never know, make a new friend, and see what happens. I know Ive made my share of Windsor drops!

Yep I canceled the whole Jabba palace myself. While very cool looking the high price tag on having the Jabba figure, the throne, the figure packs, and then Bib to stand next to Jabba is just too expensive for me. Not to mention the fact that I have no shelf space with all the other figures I have displayed, and the Jabba set would kill ALOT of shelf space.

Steering this thread back on topic since it was highjacked by some nationalist Canucks...

I saw Jabba at SDCC and he is HUGE. This bad boy is so big you are going to need a table just to display it on. I have the Illusive Jabba maquette and it doesn't even compare to this. You will not regret buying this piece and it will be the showcase of your collection. I gurantee it. It will be well worth the investment in the long term as I can olnly see this one shooting up on the secondary market in years to come. If you don't buy it now at this relatively affordable price (and there is always Flex-Pay) then be prepared to pay at least 3-4 times more later.

What worries me is if they do something like this once a year, or every two years, or something... I love the Jabba environment but if they come out with, say, the Emperor's throne room or the Millenium Falcon ****pit or the Tantive IV hallway, ie things I want more(actually I wouldn't buy the throne), that'd be a little overwhelming. Of course I could always sell Jabba later.

The sculpt is amazing, I wouldn't cancel Jabba. I think the recent endor set is a disappointment and if I were to cancel anything, it would be that. I'm on the fence with that one, but keeping Jabba. ESB is the best of the entire series...

decadentdave said:
Steering this thread back on topic since it was highjacked by some nationalist Canucks....

Wasnt this thread STARTED by a Canadian???? :lol

I thought we were discussing whether or not he should cancel his order because of VAT taxes, not debating whether or not Canada should become the 51st state. Personally, Canada and Australia are two of the most layed back countries. They don't go around messing things up like our government does here in the States. That's my two cents. Well, four since I already advised him against cancelling his order. We'll call it a nickel's worth. :D

sebcanadaceo said:
The day that happens (as if), 95% of Canadians will move to Australia!

:emperor

Don't move here if you collect Sideshow. I cancelled my Jabba cos the shipping estimate for the whole shebang was about $US250............. hopefully I can pick up the whole thing locally.

I'm sorry for everyone who had to cancel for financial reasons. It's hard enough with American shipping, let alone the madness of foreign shipping. I have to fight wit myself to budget properly to make sure when this guy comes in, he doesn't ruin my finances.

Guys, I would seriously consider NOT cancelling this piece.

For those of you outside the US I totally understand your predicament; fees, taxes and shipping make a huge difference but I recommend hanging on to your order until you receive the 15 day shipping notice, as pointed out it costs you nothing. Until then maybe try to swing some deal with a SSC distributor/retailer/store if you can find a better price. Buying on ebay is very risky because if your item arrives damaged and it is 30 days after it was purchased from SSC, you, my friend may be out of luck, no returns or replacements, just a frustrating refund...

bluesparrow said:
What worries me is if they do something like this once a year, or every two years, or something... I love the Jabba environment but if they come out with, say, the Emperor's throne room or the Millenium Falcon ****pit or the Tantive IV hallway, ie things I want more(actually I wouldn't buy the throne), that'd be a little overwhelming. Of course I could always sell Jabba later.

Believe me, once you have this, you will never want to sell it. I've been thinking about what other "diorama" pieces they will do next. Hasbro did a Taun Taun and Dewback so I doubt these would be made anytime in the immediate future. Thinking that this is 1:6 scale there are so many things to take into consideration, namely Size and Cost. Would it be practical to make large environments and characters at this scale? They are going to have to be very selective about each one they do. I'd love to see a Tatooine Skiff in this scale, but it would be freaking HUGE! What about a sixth-scale Landpeeder? That might be a bit more practical. Wampa in Ice Cave or Probot. I might be down for some Cantina environments that could be interlocked to form a large-scale environment such as a section for the band members, Han's little corner with table, bar with drinking stills, etc. I think the Cantina would be ripe because of all of the figures they could sell to fill that environment. Yoda's house on Dagobah would be another good environment, as would the Bespin Carbon Freeze chamber. Even if they do only 1 per year, these are going to be costly. I can see the arguement about having to be selective about which ones to collect. Of course we would like to have them all but it may not be affordable for every collector. I think Jabba is a terrific piece to start off with and very impressive. Like I said, I've already got the Illusive maquette, but when I saw this at SDCC, I knew that was a must buy.

Khev said:
Sell it for pennies on the dollar. :monkey1

Seriously.:monkey1

I know it's a bit heartless, but I was thinking of tearing him up and modifying the Sideshow version to use the IC tongue. If SIideshow's Jabba is hollow, it shouldn't be too difficult...

I'm sure I could come up for a use for that base the IC sits on as well..

If the factory doesn't come through with the paint apps on SS Jabba, my IC is particularly well painted and will serve for an excellent reference for the repaint. I really hope I don't have to do that though. The cost of paint and extra brushes alone would be murder in addition to the price of the figure.:monkey4

Coheteboy said:
Dear Lord, I read that wrong and thought you were going to sell something ELSE.

Get your mind out of the gutter. That kind of talk is only permitted in the Sandbox.

DCFett said:
Uhhh, isnt Canada in "America"???? Just like Mexico, Panama, Guatamala, etc., etc.? The United States IS NOT all of America!!!
Off my soap box.

um, what are you talking about? Canada, mexico etc are in North America, but thats never refered to as "America". The United States is, so no Canada is not in America, it's in North America.

I hope they do more things like Jabba. This piece was just so plain ass cool it's not even funny.

jlcmsu said:
I hope they do more things like Jabba. This piece was just so plain ass cool it's not even funny.

Just as long as they are spread out a bit. I couldn't handle more than one Jabba sized item a year.

Back