Second portrait for Boromir, please!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DinoDB1975

Super Freak
Reaction score
Sideshow,

Thank you for finally unveiling the awesome Boromir maquette. I'm sure I speak for the majority of LOTR collectors when I say that the maquette is better than we could have imagined, from the Sean Bean likeness to the details of his Gondorian armor and the Osgiliath base.

However, I respectful write to inquire if a second, closed mouth portrait could be included as well, a la the conceptual art that you have shown previously.

Boromir_concept.png

It seems that you have included more bang for the buck in terms of switchouts within the last year or so. As an example, the Marvel Nick Fury stature comes with multiple switchouts that are included with both the regular and exclusive version. For Boromir, I believe a closed mouth portrait comes better with the lowered sword arm.

LOTR_TheTwoTowers_3024.jpg

ttt1040.jpg

LOTR_TheTwoTowers_3027.jpg

ttt1043.jpg

Any consideration would be greatly appreciated.

While I would be happy with the statue as offered, I too was expecting the alternate portrait and would be thrilled if Sideshow added the alternate portrait to this figure as well for the exclusive!

SS, put me down for a 2nd headsculpt as well. A closed-mouth portrait would be much better suited for the sword down pose. :lecture

If you gave me a closed mouth head and a sword down arm, I'd never use them. Sure, it would be great to have more options for the money. But the only way I'd display it would be open mouthed and sword raised. However, if Sideshow wants to add another head sculpt to the piece after setting the price and taking my order, there's no way I'd complain.

If you gave me a closed mouth head and a sword down arm, I'd never use them. Sure, it would be great to have more options for the money. But the only way I'd display it would be open mouthed and sword raised. However, if Sideshow wants to add another head sculpt to the piece after setting the price and taking my order, there's no way I'd complain.

BoromirConcept.png

BoromirTTT7.jpg

If SS produced a 2nd headsculpt I'd buy two of these and display them beside each other. :lecture

Back