SDCC New Preorders

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Xeno said:
Let me guess Tom, you're an old, skinny, bald guy?? :D

d_manwaving.gif

Go to the Comic Con HQ at Sideshow's site. There's a bunch of stuff there now, it's just a matter of time before it all gets activated. There will be 24 hour chat, photo galleries, etc. You can also activate your Sideshow gift card online. But don't bother entering the sample ID number to the right. I already tried...

Another tip for you non-attendees:

If you are really bored, go through and make an exhaustive list of every podium at the Sideshow booth, including all items displayed and their corresponding Sideshow item numbers. If you can, get pictures and print or save them. You may need this info at any time during chat for a quest. For example, they may say: "Give us the sum total of all the podium numbers that feature a character wearing the color green. First correct answer wins an Exclusive Grievous statue." You would then go scrambling to find what's on each podium and add those numbers up. If you have all of that info handy you will be much more likely to win a cool prize.

Also, keep the Sideshow home page open at all times in a separate window for those, "What item is currently #7 on the best-selling item list on Sideshow's home page" pop quiz questions.

If you are enjoying SDCC from home, rest assured that Sideshow doesn't want you to feel left out. They will have a whole staff there just to focus on the web experience for you non-attendees. You will have a whole lot of fun and win a bunch of cool stuff. So don't go too far from your computer this week!

Darth Loki said:
This is going to suck! It's my Mom's birthday and I'll be gone at least one of those days. Not to mention I'll be at the movies almost all day Friday (Clerks 2! and The Lady in the Water). Hmm, this could suck. I hope they don't have any great exclusives that sell out in 30 minutes. Bring on a lot of Inclusives, please.

Here's a Dusty-post I found:

SideshowDusty said:
Just like last year, everything that is newly previewed at the show will be immediately available for pre-order to those in attendence - whenever you get the chance to visit the booth and throughout the entire show.

As for Non-Attendees, there may be a few specific items that will have a PPO (and/or Inclusive) scheduled online for those unable to attend (or for Attendees who just, for some reason, didn't pre-order the item on the Con floor) - and of course we will make these evident online by previewing the product and letting you know well ahead of time when these certain items will be available for online pre-order.

The edition sizes for all new products will include orders taken at the Con, and will be set post-Con. Our goal at Sideshow is to LESSEN your Con stress, not add to it, so we will not make you be at the booth at a particular time for a pre-order :duff

At least you can plan when to go where, and who to ask to take over when you are gone.

This will be fun...

Im At school everyday! AH! Im going to miss EVERYTHING.:monkey4 :monkey4 :monkey4

If only it was a week earlier! School started this week...

Why! Oh Why!

:crying

Im so dissapointed, I bet I'll miss all this awesome stuff that will sell out within the day...or the hour.

I want PF Spike! and all the others I dont even know yet!

tomandshell said:
Here's a tip--open up a window and log into the official chat room at Sideshow's site. Leave that window open throughout the event. Chris will very likely give you chatters a heads up when he is about to put a new item up for preorder, and will often drop the link into chat.

I know that a lot of new folks have joined up lately and this will be their first big online event. Hope you have fun! I will wave at you on the webcam.

:rolleyes:

That would be great if you were not in bed. 6pm PST is 2am here.:rolleyes: If I recall last year the times were much better for us Europeans.

abstractharmony said:
I think it's just 6pm PST for preview night.

Everything else will be back to 10am PST pre-order.

I'm setting my alarm clock tonight!

Cheers abs.

Hmph, I knew I shoulda asked for the weekend off. Guess I'll just have to take my laptop to work...the customers can ring themselves up. Or take a five finger discount, whichever they prefer.

Back