SDCC Exclusive 12" Aayla Secura

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A teaser until I get less lazy...

aayla2.jpg

aayla1.jpg

Customikey rocked it. These pics do her no justice whatsoever.

Outstanding! I would have kept mine if it had looked like this.

Acryl, as always. The body was sprayed with dullcoat so that it would hold the paint, and I worked some superglue into the neck peg to stiffen the joint up a bit. I also had to drill the hole in the head a bit wider for the peg.
After painting, I must've applied five coats of dullcoat to the finished figure to protect the paint. It's not bulletproof, but it should hold up to regular handling.
Also, a fair bit of swearing and cursing was involved. Finding the right shades of blue was a PAIN!!!!

Acryl, as always. The body was sprayed with dullcoat so that it would hold the paint, and I worked some superglue into the neck peg to stiffen the joint up a bit. I also had to drill the hole in the head a bit wider for the peg.
After painting, I must've applied five coats of dullcoat to the finished figure to protect the paint. It's not bulletproof, but it should hold up to regular handling.
Also, a fair bit of swearing and cursing was involved. Finding the right shades of blue was a PAIN!!!!

Thanks for the info. :hi5: I'm going to try to do a custom darth Talon and this will be helpful with applying paint to the body. I also visited your site and enjoyed looking at your work, very inspiring. I noticed you did a rework of Aurra Sing, I have the hasbro figure also and hope to rework her as well in the coming year. After looking at your work on her I hope I can do half as well as you did, but I can see it will be worth the effort after looking at your finished Aurra Sing:clap.

That body replacement is fantastic. I don't really collect prequel characters, but she looks amazing.

Thanks. :)

Cy Girl is still the best female body out there.

Outstanding! I would have kept mine if it had looked like this.

Thanks. I wouldn't have had to wait three years for her if she had looked like this. :lol

Best I've seen of her. Quick. Position Bly gunning her down.

Thanks. And, no. I was thinking of taking a shot of her cutting him down though.

Nice devil. :rock

Thank you sir. :rock

is that the original sculpt?

Yes it is.

Glad you like her, man! Can't wait to see some more pics!

I love her. And I now fully appreciate how much work went into getting her there.

Most impressive. :vader

Do you think SSC will ever make a 2nd Aayla Secura

Once Sideshow has a new base female body, do you think Sideshow will make an updated Aayla Secura 1/6th figure? Do you think they should? Should she be a "CW" version? I think Sideshow could still put out a Shaak Ti on the original Buck body since her attire would cover up all the joints. But I know alot of people never want to have another figure on the old Buck body.

Re: Do you think SSC will ever make a 2nd Aayla Secura

Once Sideshow has a new base female body, do you think Sideshow will make an updated Aayla Secura 1/6th figure? Do you think they should? Should she be a "CW" version? I think Sideshow could still put out a Shaak Ti on the original Buck body since her attire would cover up all the joints. But I know alot of people never want to have another figure on the old Buck body.

No. No. No. Yes, that would be fine.

dont think we'll see her again. be nice if they just sold the body so we could do it up nice and custom.

dont think we'll see her again. be nice if they just sold the body so we could do it up nice and custom.

:goodpost:That's a great idea Fett. I think alot of the :cuss people on here would say that you couldn't pay them to take one of the old Buck bodies:cuckoo:. But I can't wait to see the new female base body that Sideshow comes up with:woo. I hope they offer it for sale like they did with the old Buck bodies, although I doubt it since they still haven't offered the new Pro for sale.:monkey2

I don't see why they want to revisit Aayla again, but having a Shak Ti would be nice. Who's left anyway in terms of prequel Jedis, Saesee Tiin, Agen Kolar?

Back