SDCC 2019: Hot Toys & other companies news thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SDCC 2019: What are you hoping to see?

My 1/6 (Hot Toys - or at least another pretty decent company) wishlist - most of them will probably NEVER happen, but hope springs eternal!

[...]

DX Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman
DX Danny Devito Penguin
Hot Toys DX Beetlejuice
Aliens Ripley in Powerloader
Something special for the 30th Anniversary of 89 Batman

I would buy the hell out of those. Never gonna happen. :lol

Sad but true. None of their 1/6 figures from last year are up for preorder.

I mean it's really absurd; I'm sure half of these companies don't have full time employees or anything and it makes it difficult to get off the ground. But what the hell were they doing for an entire year?

Sad but true. None of their 1/6 figures from last year are up for preorder.

Is Godfather 1/4 statue the only thing they showed that made release? The statue turned out really well, but man that was a lot of longshot prototypes that predictably went nowhere.

Y'know, ultimately I don't see this thread being used for SDCC pics. Not if people will have to search through numerous pages to find them.

The Gangster Joker we all wanted after the first HT Nicholson Joker appeared. 'memba?

That still would make an amazing figure, striped suit and shock buzzer!

img23.jpg

I memba.

"Civilian pre-Joker"

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...121-hot-toys-civilian-pre-joker-89-joker.html

Screenshot2014-07-20at102356PM.png

6a853733jw1dkkkmnea8nj-1.jpg

Wonder what that was going to be. Jack Napier? Mob version? Who knows.

I hope we'll see HT (or any company for that matter) show us a proto of a 1/6 Joaquin phoenix Joker...I'd also love to see a Lynda carter WW in the works...

...and maybe we'll finally get to see the protos of HT TESB Solo and Lando...along with an update on their already touted 1/4 Stormtrooper:)

I memba.

"Civilian pre-Joker"

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...121-hot-toys-civilian-pre-joker-89-joker.html

Screenshot2014-07-20at102356PM.png

6a853733jw1dkkkmnea8nj-1.jpg

Wonder what that was going to be. Jack Napier? Mob version? Who knows.

Sadly, not sure if we'll ever know. Mime Joker didn't sell very well. And that license for Jack Nicholson must have expired many years ago now.

Whoever does have the reg HT Joker and Mime Joker, those are genuine 1/6th treasures -- not only some of HT's best work but of an actor that doesn't give much out in the way of merchandise.

I actually just got excited for the first 1/6th Court of the Dead figure. Looking forward to seeing it in person and hope they have more of that line in this scale to show.

So much gets shown for Marvel/Star Wars/DC now in 1/6th and very little seems to make it out. Sideshow had Skiff Guard Lando but nothing has materialized of that so it is almost just a display with the cool vehicles and some neat things to look at but I have severely curbed my expectations of getting any of it.

What I want to see from Hot Toys: :pray:

Marvel
1/6 Vulture
1/6 Mysterio
any 1/6 MCU Villain
1/4 Mark 6 & 1/4 War Machine Mark I
1/6 VGM Spiderman Raimi Suit (another reason to revisit this suit)

DC
DX Batman Begins with Pers
1/6 Batman Forever
1/6 Shazam
1/6 Mera
1/4 Bane or new 1/6 MMS or DX bane

Other
Any new Disney live action 1/6 figure, not cosbaby etc
New 1/6 Keanu Reeve from any of his movies, strike while he is a global phenomenon, Keanu is the new Depp for hot toys :lol or maybe 1/6 VGM cyberpunk :)

What I want to see from Hot Toys: :pray:

Marvel
1/6 Vulture
1/6 Mysterio
any 1/6 MCU Villain
1/4 Mark 6 & 1/4 War Machine Mark I
1/6 VGM Spiderman Raimi Suit (another reason to revisit this suit)

DC
DX Batman Begins with Pers
1/6 Batman Forever
1/6 Shazam
1/6 Mera
1/4 Bane or new 1/6 MMS or DX bane

Other
Any new Disney live action 1/6 figure, not cosbaby etc
New 1/6 Keanu Reeve from any of his movies, strike while he is a global phenomenon, Keanu is the new Depp for hot toys :lol or maybe 1/6 VGM cyberpunk :)

Wow - 0 for 14. Impressive! Thanks for playing, we have some lovely parting gifts. :lol

Back