screen accurate Dirty Harry gun?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silverprelude627

Super Freak
Reaction score
Anyone know where I can get a screen accurate Dirty Harry gun?Smith & Wesson Model 29 revolver.
gunSmith__Wesson_Model_29-8.jpg

from da wiki:

The only appearances of the Model 29 in the movie are in the close-ups: Any time Eastwood actually fired the pistol, he was shooting a Smith & Wesson Model 25 in .45 ACP. In 1971, .44 Magnum blanks were not available. However, as a result of decades of Hollywood war movies there was an ample supply of .45 ACP blanks. As the Model 25 is built on the same Smith & Wesson N frame as the Model 29, it was simple to substitute it for the Model 29 in scenes where Eastwood had to shoot the pistol.

So is the 29 or the 25 more screen accurate?

Well--which is it, punk?

You know, in all this excitement, I kinda forgot myself. :wink1:

The only appearances of the Model 29 in the movie are in the close-ups: Any time Eastwood actually fired the pistol, he was shooting a Smith & Wesson Model 25 in .45 ACP. In 1971, .44 Magnum blanks were not available. However, as a result of decades of Hollywood war movies there was an ample supply of .45 ACP blanks. As the Model 25 is built on the same Smith & Wesson N frame as the Model 29, it was simple to substitute it for the Model 29 in scenes where Eastwood had to shoot the pistol.

interesting

Stevo's rig is nice, but he has a 357 magnum, and it looks like it's silver or nickle plated, not blue.
You might try and search for Hot Toys Sheva. She had a magnum that gets parted out. The grips aren't quite right and the barrel looks like it might be eight inches instead of Harry's six. But at least the silhouette is accurate.

try this:
https://cgi.ebay.com/HOT-TOYS-12-BI...nFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item3cb5a03760

what do you guys think of this? Comes with 2 heads? Anyone have this. Depending on what you guys think, I might pull the trigger..lol

https://cgi.ebay.com/custom-Dirty-H...&otn=4&po=LVI&ps=63&clkid=7971035811299446523

I bought that same figure but he had it at $105 when i got it now he raised it to $125,I think its decent enough,as for a head sculpt I just got in the mail today the diver version and its a pretty nice sculpt,should look great painted up,Im now working on the outfit,since I bought the brown suit full figure I want to make the grey suit version myself.

Back